Edge back up system

Hey guys I work at Ford Sharonville Transmission, so keep building and sending me some O.T. Anyways, I bought an edge and needs a new rear bumper, I found one at a salvage yard with the back up sensors installed. Am I missing any other components, or can I just find the wiring harness and plug them in. Going to pick up bumper so if I need other small parts or modules I could get them out of the wrecked edge.

Thanks

Rick

Hey guys I work at Ford Sharonville Transmission, so keep building and sending me some O.T. Anyways, I bought an edge and needs a new rear bumper, I found one at a salvage yard with the back up sensors installed. Am I missing any other components, or can I just find the wiring harness and plug them in. Going to pick up bumper so if I need other small parts or modules I could get them out of the wrecked edge.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick. :D It will not be as easy as adding a harness and plugging things in.

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly which components a non-backup assist Edge would be missing. Maybe someone else can jump in with more precise component information. Additionally, you will also not have the proper programming in the SJB or other vehicle management systems.

Good luck. :beerchug:

there is a module by the left rear seat belt retractor and the harness from the sensors to this unit and the power to it also

So I found I need the PAM Parking Assist module box that is behind the left rear quarter panel. Are the harnesses all the same or do you have different harness for different options. I can get the PAM not a problem then would I have to have dealer reprogram ot do you think it would recognize like a usb when plugged in?

So I found I need the PAM Parking Assist module box that is behind the left rear quarter panel. Are the harnesses all the same or do you have different harness for different options. I can get the PAM not a problem then would I have to have dealer reprogram ot do you think it would recognize like a usb when plugged in?

Looks like theres a speaker back in back also....am I right. I dont need 2 speakers.....backing up in surround sound. Beginning to look like more trouble than its worth.

Hi Rick, my Dad retired from Sharonville a couple of years ago (buy out) Can I ask what salvage yard you found the bumper, is it local? I haven't been able to find anythng in the area. Thanks.

Well looks like its not gonna work the harness is different. The plugin for the PAM module is not in my harness and Im not about 2 cut and splice 30 some odd wires for a back up system. Oh well worth a shot. As for the bumper, google Indiana auto recyclers and there is a site sponsored by indiana and a few other states. You can serach for whatever part you need. I found them in Michigan,, chicago and somerset ky. A guy in hillsboro at reno auto parts had either the hatch or bumper but they were the wrong color for me.

that's too bad you wont be able to add the backup system. Ford doesnt make it easy to add options if they didn't come in the vehicle. (I found out when I had my Explorer and wanted to add the heated seats lol)

So Reno's has a Edge, I might have to run out there and see whats left on it. Thanks for the info.