Ford Edge has the Brake Override System

accent

This is not something I'd specifically look for in a vehicle but I suppose it's nice to have. What I can't understand with the Toyota problems is why these people don't just turn off the key or put the car in Nuetral if the throttle gets stuck. These idiots that are careening into trees are probably the same people that "accidently" hit the gas when they meant to hit the brake (read: old people that shouldn't be driving).

This is not something I'd specifically look for in a vehicle but I suppose it's nice to have. What I can't understand with the Toyota problems is why these people don't just turn off the key or put the car in Nuetral if the throttle gets stuck. These idiots that are careening into trees are probably the same people that "accidently" hit the gas when they meant to hit the brake (read: old people that shouldn't be driving).

Most do. But some of these vehicles have push buttons and you have to press the button 3 times or press and hold it to turn it off. And some of the shifters are gated and it's not that easy to find neutral, especially if it's a loaner vehicle as the CHP officer's was.

One woman claims that she WASN’T texting and the REAL brakes wouldn’t stop her BUT that little bittyemergency brake” DID!

“Parking brake

Apply the parking brake whenever

the vehicle is parked. To set the

parking brake, press the parking

brake pedal down until the pedal

stops.”

ab

• 1 month later...

I tried it yesterday and I found my ford edge has the brake override system. I'm so glad that we didn't buy a Lexus RX350 :hyper:

What year is your Edge?

Just for grins I tried it on our 08 MKX.

One foot HARD on the gas.

Other foot HARD on the brakes.

=

The motor DID NOT slow down at all!

BUT the brakes DID slow us down and would have maybe :eek5: stopped us BUT I didn't want to burn them up.

ab