spring mod

07 edge

how low can i go? i drive 95% on the road. i want to increase handling, but not functionality of having suv ride height, or is the factory springs and height best for the car cuz it was engineered specifically. So far HR is the spring company that keeps being mentioned on the forums, are they best product for value? thanks

I just installed my H&R springs and could not be happier. It still rides excellent but feels so much better. The handleing is great and it doesnt feel top heavy anymore and feels more car like and not so SUV like. I would recomend them to everyone. Looks great too!!!

I just installed my H&R springs and could not be happier. It still rides excellent but feels so much better. The handleing is great and it doesnt feel top heavy anymore and feels more car like and not so SUV like. I would recomend them to everyone. Looks great too!!!

awesome. i love driving to ski hills in the winter, so i didnt want to sacrifice any ride height b/c of the canadian winter storms that can dump.

Are they the H&R OE Sport Springs(Lowers .25 - .75 inches on average) or H&R Sport Springs(Lowers 1.5 - 2.0 inches on average)

sabtaj, do you have a part number?

Thanks

Edited by rapmusicfan

awesome. i love driving to ski hills in the winter, so i didnt want to sacrifice any ride height b/c of the canadian winter storms that can dump.

Are they the H&R OE Sport Springs(Lowers .25 - .75 inches on average) or H&R Sport Springs(Lowers 1.5 - 2.0 inches on average)

sabtaj, do you have a part number?

Thanks

i just answered my question. the gallery on their site shows an edge with sport springs. wheel well doesn't look to be compromised. being a newb i'm guessing 1.5-2" lowering won't hurt any aspect of rideability in any weather, or am i wrong?

post-9174-126944059409_thumb.jpg

for those who haven't seen the H&R Ford Edge 2007 project... http://www.hrsprings.com/projects/detail/2007_fordedge/

H&R 2007 FORD EDGE - “DRIVE TO THE EDGE OF YOUR WORLD”

Exterior:

:: Special Gemballa orange paint with Pearl Ghost world graphics.

:: Blacked-out race-look hood.

:: Camtec Custom composite front bumper light pod with integrated wind-splitter.

:: Hella CELIS lamps - with CELIS LED halo-effect.

:: Panoramic VISTA ROOF

Wheels & Tires:

:: 22 X 10 OZ Giotti 3 three-piece wheels

:: Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 295/30WR22 tires

Chassis/Suspension:

:: H&R Sport Springs

:: H&R Trak+ Wheel Spacers

:: H&R Triple C Camber Adjustment Bolts

Interior:

:: Custom interior with perforated and non-Perforated Waimea Cliffstone leather tastefully utilized on door panels, seats and head-rests.

:: Interior accents painted in Mauna Loa Ash Mica.

:: Custom matching floor mats.

:: Ford factory premium stereo system with MP3, Sirius Satellite Radio and touch-screen DVD-Based Navigation System.

Edited by rapmusicfan