ABS and TC light on

• 1 month later...

We have a 07 Edge this is the 2nd time with this issue ford fixed 1st x now 1yr and 1 month this darn thing came on again it affect the braking of the car it has 65,000 or so miles. 1 brake fluid was a little low I add to bring up to top still NO change will be in dealer again for this lights issue. HELP

Ok they at Ford fixed it again yes I had to pay the deductible of 50 bucks for the second time the dealer wants a excellent on there survey , they should of got Ford rep's there to check it out there are issues with this people ,tech write ups on this but still No recall darn outsourcing parts from China just like the Valve stems cracking issues a yr ago. I just want my darn 50 bucks back or a lifetime replacement for my troubles.

I have to get mine in the shop. No lights but I must have a whells speed sensor bad cause when I turn left the engine cuts out and the ABS starts acting up. Its pretty damn bad too. I turn the traction control off and it seems to e alot better but still sucks.

• 9 months later...

What did the dealership tell you the problem was? On my '07, during freezing weather w/ freezing rain, my antilock brake and traction control lights both came on. Then for three weeks, they would turn off, then on again. When I hit the brakes hard once with them on, the anti-lock kicked in and the light went out. When I had stopped, both light came back on.

Climed under the Edge this past weekend since the weather was good. Checked all four wheel sensors, none were torn or broken. I would like to know what the dealership siad the problem was if you know before I take our Edge in. Thanks.

What did the dealership tell you the problem was? On my '07, during freezing weather w/ freezing rain, my antilock brake and traction control lights both came on. Then for three weeks, they would turn off, then on again. When I hit the brakes hard once with them on, the anti-lock kicked in and the light went out. When I had stopped, both light came back on.

Climed under the Edge this past weekend since the weather was good. Checked all four wheel sensors, none were torn or broken. I would like to know what the dealership siad the problem was if you know before I take our Edge in. Thanks.

Hi mercurytech. :D If you take a look at the original post dates of F.A.R.D.'s question/statement, you will see they were made over 10 months ago (5/17/10, 5/21/10) and they were the only two posts he/she ever made. Never been back since. This sort of behavior occurs often on Internet Forums. While not impossible, it is doubtful you will get a reply which will be of any assistance.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi mercurytech. :D If you take a look at the original post dates of F.A.R.D.'s question/statement, you will see they were made over 10 months ago (5/17/10, 5/21/10) and they were the only two posts he/she ever made. Never been back since. This sort of behavior occurs often on Internet Forums. While not impossible, it is doubtful you will get a reply which will be of any assistance.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

BBF2530,

Thanks, I never noticed the date. I was a boat and auto mechanic before, but we idn't have to worry about half the items on a car when it comes to boats. I know it has to be one of the front sensors acting up because I looked underneath when it was happening and the lights went off for about a day. ajust trying to find a way to diagnois how to determine which on it is. The OBD is for Engine use only, so it won't locate any faults. Prices range from 35. to 50., so I really don't want to replace both. And I just love the area they placed the ABS control. I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out.