Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not much air coming from vents

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   abowie

abowie

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:42 AM

Funny thing is I test drove a 2010 today to see if I liked it. Hot as hell outside, cranked up the A/C and ""WHAT"" is this...seems like they forgot a blower speed on the system. Mind you, this was a brand-spanking-new Edge with 20+ miles on it. Tried to readjust the vents, crank the temp down on the auto A/C, but nothing happened. Will it stop me from buying my 2011 Sport? Hell no. But the wife's $20k 2010 Mustang blows harder and colder than the Edge.....hell so does my Raptor.

Personally I think they had some left over Pinto A/C systems that they were dying to get rid of. :)

I drive an 08 SEL - now 26000 miles - really enjoy the Edge but the AC vents could be more effective. Drove an 08 Taurus-X (same engine layout as Edge) and was surprised how cool and powerful the dash AC vents were. I was wondering if anyone has had to recharge the AC system refrigerant in their Edge....? Maybe this is a 30K mile check point at Ford?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   chainsaw2608

chainsaw2608

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Funny thing is I test drove a 2010 today to see if I liked it. Hot as hell outside, cranked up the A/C and ""WHAT"" is this...seems like they forgot a blower speed on the system. Mind you, this was a brand-spanking-new Edge with 20+ miles on it. Tried to readjust the vents, crank the temp down on the auto A/C, but nothing happened. Will it stop me from buying my 2011 Sport? Hell no. But the wife's $20k 2010 Mustang blows harder and colder than the Edge.....hell so does my Raptor.

Personally I think they had some left over Pinto A/C systems that they were dying to get rid of. :)

I couldn't agree with you more. What is it with Ford's HVAC engineer assigned to the Edge that he/she can't figure out most of us are spoiled to good A/C :finger: It will be interesting to see if there is any hope on the 2011 models.

I have put together a diverter that fits into the drivers side air vent that concentrates the air and provides a stronger flow. As soon as my mechanical engineer son refines it I will post some pics.

#23 OFFLINE   cjbikes

cjbikes

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

My girlfriend has a 2007 Edge that she got a few weeks back. When the blower motor is turned on high, the sound is about right (it sounds like it is turning fast and moving lots of air) but very little air comes from the vent. On high it is like most cars on low. I thought there might be some blockage, but I would think it would only make one or two vents blow less air, but all of them are equal. Anyone have a problem like this? Could it be a clogged cabin air filter? The air flow is low when the system is set to intake air from the outside or to recirculate and when temp is set to hot or cold. Thanks.

THANK YOU ALL...it was the cabin air filter right behind the glove box...followed the instructions given and voila...it was completely
clogged, cleaned it out, replaced it, and it's blowing normal once again...THANK YOU ALL.

#24 OFFLINE   lh_newbie

lh_newbie

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:47 AM

My wife and I test drove the 2010 Ford Edge. We live in Dallas, TX. It was 100 degrees out and the vehicles had been sitting in the hot sun. After a 20 minute test drive with the AC cranked on high the entire time, the front seat temp was tolerable, but when we parked the vehicle and left it running, we hopped in the back. It was way too hot to be comfortable and the rear vents were on full blast. Having test drove the same vehicle early in the morning, we were ready to buy. After this experience with the AC - and the poor ability of the vents to redirect air around the cabin - we decided to leave the dealership. I am hopeful they fixed this issue in the 2011 model, as I've seen the interior pictures and they have changed the vents (thank God). But this is Ford's last chance... we were considering the 2011 Explorer, but since that won't hit the street until January (2010 Explorer just gets too poor of gas mileage) - it's down to the Ford Edge -vs- Honda Pilot. The Pilot already has the green light, but I really want to buy a vehicle from an American company. If they fixed the AC issue, we're good to go. If not... sorry Ford, I want to buy American, but I'm not willing to buy a sub-par vehicle for my environment.

For what it's worth, we told the dealership about our AC concerns. They brought a different Edge around to ensure it wasn't an issue with the one vehicle. We experienced the same exact results. The AC unit and the fans were grossly underpowered for hot Texas summer days.

Brian

Edited by lh_newbie, 11 August 2010 - 08:48 AM.

#25 OFFLINE   emeraldtx

emeraldtx

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:50 AM

The AC unit and the fans were grossly underpowered for hot Texas summer days.

In case someone reads this thread & wonders later... the A/C on the 2011 model is fantastic!! I live in deep south Texas (right on the border), and I'm thrilled with it. Plenty of cold & plenty of blowing in the right places... couldn't be happier.

#26 OFFLINE   PaulSchott

PaulSchott

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 286 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2007

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

My 2007 with manual A/C was really restricted when I test drove it.  I almost didn't buy it.  When I took it home I removed the cabin air filter and found it totally restricted.  It didn't have a paper filter it had a fine screen filter.  When held up to the sun you couldn't see thru it.  I hosed it down and it is now beautiful.   If you just want to see the difference you can remove the filter and try the system without it.  I wouldn't keep it like that for long,  it's there for a reason.

• frebrd18 likes this

#27 OFFLINE   Yankeesgirl05

Yankeesgirl05

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

So I just bought a 2011 ford edge limited and of course the dealer said it has a warranty on it but now doesn't want to fix whatever is wrong with it. . .a few days after I got it I would turn and it sounded like sand being poured out behind the dash then water started coming in on the passenger side below the glove box turned out the ac drain was clogged and my vents are not circulating any air not even defrost. . .I fixed the ac drain with the help from a genius on this forum and got about a half gallon of water out of the drain and I changed the cabin air filter which was completely filthy still no luck with the vents or defrost and I even changed the blower motor resistor and still no air not hot or cold and no defrost or rear defrost either? I think it's the blower motor but my question is . . .is it easy to change (I'm a 29 year old girl)

#28 OFFLINE   omar302

omar302

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 1,404 posts
  • Region:Middle East

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:04 AM

So I just bought a 2011 ford edge limited and of course the dealer said it has a warranty on it but now doesn't want to fix whatever is wrong with it. . .a few days after I got it I would turn and it sounded like sand being poured out behind the dash then water started coming in on the passenger side below the glove box turned out the ac drain was clogged and my vents are not circulating any air not even defrost. . .I fixed the ac drain with the help from a genius on this forum and got about a half gallon of water out of the drain and I changed the cabin air filter which was completely filthy still no luck with the vents or defrost and I even changed the blower motor resistor and still no air not hot or cold and no defrost or rear defrost either? I think it's the blower motor but my question is . . .is it easy to change (I'm a 29 year old girl)

@WWWPerfA_ZN0W posted the procedure for the blower motor replacement in this thread.
  • WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#29 OFFLINE   DRbillZ

DRbillZ

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 213 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:40 AM

My question is this... Don't people try things out in the car to see if they work ....before buying them?

#30 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:33 AM

She said "a few days after I got it", so ...

My question is this... Don't people try things out in the car to see if they work ....before buying them?

Anyway, I'd also check the fuse (#18 in the underhood fuse box, cartridge type, a bit expensive), maybe just outright replace it while you are at it.  I have found fuses do degrade over time when used heavily.  The power points would be a prime example.  There is also a relay in the same fuse box #34 for the blower motor, hope that's not the issue.

• Yankeesgirl05 likes this

#31 OFFLINE   Yankeesgirl05

Yankeesgirl05

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:12 PM

Thank you and yes I did try everything out on my test drive but you know some dealerships can doctor an issue long enough for some sucker to come along. . .me being one of them. From what I have read its a common problem! I think had it done it on my test drive I wouldn't have purchased it!!!!!

Edited by Yankeesgirl05, 18 September 2016 - 01:31 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#32 OFFLINE   Yankeesgirl05

Yankeesgirl05

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:30 PM

Thank you sooooo much WWWPerfA_ZNOW!!!! I was able to change the blower motor myself within 10 minutes and so far it seemed to fix my problem! It works even better than it did before!!! There was nasty orange water in it. . . I'm so thankful for you and your kindness! 😘

Edited by Yankeesgirl05, 18 September 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:15 AM

Good to hear (no,not about the Fanta), and, fingers crossed :)

Did you go with a Ford/Motorcraft replacement, or a TYC brand, or ...?

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W, 18 July 2016 - 04:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users