Road noise and intermittant brake rub

Hi, new here. My aunt's 2007 Edge SEL just had its tires rotated, now suddenly sounds like it has bad bearing(s) on the right and intermittant brake wear.. like a warped rotor.

We took both of the right wheels off: pads are fine, no rotor wear or damage.

What could be going on that a simple tire rotation could bring this out?

about 35k on it, very clean and well-maintained vehicle otherwise.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

[i have a similar thing going on. I notice it only at highway speeds. The "whistle noise" is very annoying and seems to go away with gentle pressure on the brakes. I took my Edge in to have the brakes checked, since it sounded like the pad wear indicator. I was told that my brakes were fine. I plan on taking it in again today as I have travel plans later in the week. I will post if they come up with anything .

there is a tsb for rear wheel bearings failing. It involves replacing the offending wheel bearing and the knuckle. I just did one at work today. Its a bit of a pain. If its all wheel drive you can raise all the wheels off the ground, turn off traction control, and run the vehilce around 40 and go back and forth listening to each side to see which side is causing it. Or you can take it to the dealership if its under warranty

• 1 month later...

One of my techs just got the truck up on the hoist and it appears that the outer brake pad was sticking in the carrier causing accellerated brake wear and rotor damage. So a pair of rotors and set of pads and I should be good. If anyone has this problem they should check to see if one pad is wearing more than the other. If caught early this is a cheap fix and it negates replacing a caliper.