AC Drain seems to be clogged

bensfords

Anyone ever had their AC drain clogged? If so, what did you do to unclog it? Water is draining on the passenger side floor.

Are you sure it's clogged or did the drain tube get knocked loose?

I had truck one time that the drain tube would come off inside the cabin once or twice a year after I had the carpet vac'd at the car wash...

Also, it is possible that you may have mold buildup on the evaporator.

Had a Chrysler minivan a while back that would not drain well - mold would form in the evaporator box.

Do you run your AC on recirculate all the time?

It's a good idea to run some outside air through the system rather than keep in on recirc all the time.

Good luck. SW

• 11 months later...

Pete,

Thanks for the info. I to looked for the condenser drain on the firewall to no avail. It was in the tunnel right where you said. Instead of wrestling with the wire; I took my air compresser and shot a blast of air up the drain.

Water came gushing out right away. I waited till it stopped and then gave it another shot to make sure it didn't reclog. Now I need to wet vac the floor board carpet.

• 3 years later...

underneath to the right side of the gas pedal , under the carpet is the drain hose...underneath the truck pull back the front drivers side heat shield and u will see a white drain...put a shop vac on it and whalaaaa...just did it on mine...freeked me out when water came pouring in the passenger side and the fan motor hitting water was an interesting experience...hope it helps all...EdgeDog.. :)