2011` Edge sport exhaust system

zipscuba

Has anybody seen the new dual exhaust system for the 2011 sport model? Is it stainless steel? I need to hear from someone who is putting them on.

Here is a rear picture of the 2011, can't really tell if they are stainless but looks about the same as what is on the 2010

post-9541-040074500 1279156730_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1duFos

Has anybody seen the new dual exhaust system for the 2011 sport model? Is it stainless steel? I need to hear from someone who is putting them on. The whole system from front to back not just the tips Thanks

I hear from a friend of a friend of a friend who works at the plant and the exhaust is stainless steel with oval tips

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes that is a 2" receiver and it is a factory option

It is a factory option on the Edge up to the Limited model, but NO towing package is available from the factory on the Sport.

I asked several dealers about a possible dealer installed hitch on a Sport, but nobody would do it. Best I could get was a referral to a local hitch company. It would be the ugly "hanging below the bumper" type. No way to get a factory installed looking one that's built into the bumper assembly. Sucks because I really wanted the Sport, but I need to pull a trailer fairly often. Looking at the Limited now.

It is a factory option on the Edge up to the Limited model, but NO towing package is available from the factory on the Sport.

I asked several dealers about a possible dealer installed hitch on a Sport, but nobody would do it. Best I could get was a referral to a local hitch company. It would be the ugly "hanging below the bumper" type. No way to get a factory installed looking one that's built into the bumper assembly. Sucks because I really wanted the Sport, but I need to pull a trailer fairly often. Looking at the Limited now.

I ordered a 2011 Sport and I also got my dealer to include a stock Edge 2011 Hitch & Module harness for his cost, added to my bill.

They will not install it, maybe, or maybe they will, for the added labor, but either way, I got my local Hitch shop to agree to install the Ford Hitch and hook-up for staight labot $44 for the hitch and $66 for the lights/module.

• 3 weeks later...

On the specs section of the edge website it says the 3.7 in the sport has a "true dual exhaust...with two catalytic coverters" as opposed to the "quasi dual exhaust" in the 3.5. Can anyone verify that is a true dual exhaust, that each cylinder bank has its own system, or is it just a catback system? Thanks!

Go to fordparts.com and look up the whole exhast system it shows two cats two exhast pipes a muffler/ resonater dual inlet out let and two tailpipes going to two more mufflers at the back they finnaly did it righr!