'08 side mirror

I got to replace a passenger side mirror of my '08 Edge SE. I think that this is good chance of update my side mirror with blind spot mirror(new edge's mirror). I have few questions before i place the order for side mirror.

1) can I use '10 ford edge mirror (with blind spot mirror) for my '08 model?

2) can I do it myself?

3) how much it will cost me? (I am at NJ, USA)

yes you can do it yourself

use the search function and search for topics on changing out blindspot mirrors. many people did it. there are several threads, IIRC 1 really good big thread on this very topic, and it has part #'s, places to order, cost, etc... no reason to try to rehash it all in a new thread when the data exists on it already in existing threads.

yes you can do it yourself

use the search function and search for topics on changing out blindspot mirrors. many people did it. there are several threads, IIRC 1 really good big thread on this very topic, and it has part #'s, places to order, cost, etc... no reason to try to rehash it all in a new thread when the data exists on it already in existing threads.

sorry Lex, but I am new member of this forum. i did try to find out thru' search engine.. but didnt find exact answers what i was looking. btw thanks for the information. i will take a look in to IIRC1...!!!

Hey tpm419419,

thanks for reply. I want to change whole think... housing and glass... and as per this post if i can update to '10 mirror with blind spot then it will be perfect for me.

I can only tell you that you can certainly use the built in convex mirror on your vehicle. Changing out just the glass is easy. I replaced my glass from my '07 with the newer type glass which became standard equipment in the '09 year. I cannot help you however with changing the mirror housing out. First (even with just changing out the glass) you need to know if you have heated mirrors which I think also means you will have the puddle lamps (under the mirror housing that shine to the ground)

You need to find out if you can just change the glass or need to replace the entire housing

Good luck

so, if you must replace the whole unit, that means you must have damaged it somehow? because there would be no other reason to not just replace the glass which is detailed on this site elsewhere

as for finding those/a thread.. in that thread it will discuss the heated versus not heated mirrors, part # differences, etc

here is one of the main threads I found with a simple search

that answers 1 question right in the last post "I work for a big Ford dealership in Phoenix. The integrated mirrors are about $85ea, and will snap right in to all Edge's. Just go into your local parts department and ask for mirrors from a 2010 Edge " - so you could stick a whole entire unit - mirror and housing - right on there. and then you could do the drivers side mirror glass only if you wanted. that being said, not sure if anyone has detailed changing an entire unit like they have detailed changing just the glass.

• 1 year later...

I got to replace a passenger side mirror of my '08 Edge SE. I think that this is good chance of update my side mirror with blind spot mirror(new edge's mirror). I have few questions before i place the order for side mirror.

1) can I use '10 ford edge mirror (with blind spot mirror) for my '08 model?

2) can I do it myself?

3) how much it will cost me? (I am at NJ, USA)

Yes, I replaced my 08 mirrors with 09 blind spot mirrors. Cost $82 driver $112 passenger with heat memory and puddle lamp options ( The Heat/Memory/puddle lamp electronics are in the glass not the housing ) It was worth every dime. I like chrome, so I also put chrome MKX covers on at the same time. Tools needed 1 Screwdriver. A little advice, don't tell the dealer what your doing, just ask for what you need or you may get a bunch of " I don't think you can do that " rhetoric from a few of the parts people.

Hey tpm419419,

thanks for reply. I want to change whole think... housing and glass... and as per this post if i can update to '10 mirror with blind spot then it will be perfect for me.

Standard equipment or loaded a mirror housing is a mirror housing. The heat memory and puddle lamp electronics are in the glass, but of course the car must have come equipped with those options for them to work. Edge and MKX mirror housings are the same. Edge uses color matched mirror covers, MKX uses chrome mirror covers.

the wiring however will not be there

of course it won't.

But that's got to be the easiest thing in the world to wire. One line for ground and the other piggyback to the turn signal wire (plenty of places to tap from the drivers side all the way to the headlight housing).

It might take an extra 10 minutes ...