2011 panels fit 2007?

Edgieguy

So last night my cousin rear-ends a box truck with his Edge. The damage although it appears only cosmetic, looks like it will include a new set of fenders, grill, hood, bumper cover and radiator support. While i was trying to make him feel better about it, I suggested something silly which got me thinking....

Could he possibly replace these parts with 2011 parts and facelift his own edge? if the unibody underneath is the same, wouldnt the panels all fit? if anybody knows, drop a comment. He should have a from insurance this week and be ready for repair within two.

That sucks, sorry to hear about his Edge. I was devastated (okay, I cried!) when I scratched my brand new one on a stupid low retaining wall. Can't imagine how pissed I'll be at it's first accident!

I too would love to know the answer to this question. I just bought a 2010 Edge less than a week before finding out they remodeled them for 2011! And it wasn't on year end clearance yet either, so I paid full price :banghead:

I still love mine, don't get me wrong, I'm just bummed my new car is going to the "old" model in a matter of weeks. Same exact thing happened with my Escape :rant: (Next time I'll go and almost-buy my new car, then go home and a wait a year. Or start leasing...)

Anyway, can anyone please chime in as to whether or not ANY of the exterior parts of the 2011's will fit the 07-10 models?

I wish I could get that new grille, but that'd be too good to be true I bet.

It made me notice how much I dislike those empty gaps in the bumper under the grille the 07-10's have...

So last night my cousin rear-ends a box truck with his Edge. The damage although it appears only cosmetic, looks like it will include a new set of fenders, grill, hood, bumper cover and radiator support. While i was trying to make him feel better about it, I suggested something silly which got me thinking....

Could he possibly replace these parts with 2011 parts and facelift his own edge? if the unibody underneath is the same, wouldnt the panels all fit? if anybody knows, drop a comment. He should have a from insurance this week and be ready for repair within two.

Edited by chloe13

I was hoping that someone from the plant who has walked through and seen the 2010's alongside the 2011's on the forums would chime in. I know that Ford changed the hood, fenders and grill and bumper. I would assume that the radiator support would have changed as well. Sine these are all the parts that he would need, I figured this would be a great opportunity, and a chance to do a write up for the forums as well. Still hoping to hear from an insider.:reading:

• 3 weeks later...

I highly doubt that it's interchangeable. You'd have to do the ENTIRE front end - entire bumper, hood, fender panels, headlights, grille, etc. Even then you'd have to hope that where it meets at the door hasn't changed too much either.. I stood in front of a 2011 parked next to a 2010 yesterday and the difference while it may look subtle is night and day.

• 1 month later...

As was my guess when my cousin was fixing his Edge, the new 2011 panels will fit an earlier model. if the radiator support needs to be changed, then the hood, fenders, grill and everything else will bolt right up. Body shop had one in and had the front end stripped off and it was exactly the same as earlier models, so when my buddy saw it he called to say "remember you were asking?" Well, the answer is YES.

By the way, since he wasnt sure, he fixed his Edge with the appropriate years parts.

• 6 years later...