Armor All interior mess

I took my Edge to the carwash Friday, one of the two places I always go. I always ask them to wash, vaccum, dust the dash and dress the tires and have never had a problem. When they were done with it Friday the interior-EVERY square inch of it was covered in Armor All. I tried to rub some off. Some areas it came off a little and some not at all. The steering wheel is covered in it and so am I when I get in and out of the car. What is the antidote for it so I can wash it off. I hate having anything on the interior, I always use a Swiffer and wipe it down with a damp cloth, have never put that stuff on any car I have ever had. This is a nightmare. If I call the carwash to ask them I don't think I could even talk to someone without letting loose on them I am so mad. I appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

I took my Edge to the carwash Friday, one of the two places I always go. I always ask them to wash, vaccum, dust the dash and dress the tires and have never had a problem. When they were done with it Friday the interior-EVERY square inch of it was covered in Armor All. I tried to rub some off. Some areas it came off a little and some not at all. The steering wheel is covered in it and so am I when I get in and out of the car. What is the antidote for it so I can wash it off. I hate having anything on the interior, I always use a Swiffer and wipe it down with a damp cloth, have never put that stuff on any car I have ever had. This is a nightmare. If I call the carwash to ask them I don't think I could even talk to someone without letting loose on them I am so mad. I appreciate any help you can give, thanks.

Hi igcitng. :D I would start by trying a mixture of a mild soap and water, and 100% cotton (or automotive quality microfiber) towels.

If that does not work, then try a good quality interior rubber and vinyl cleaner from Meguiar's, Mother's etc.. Be sure it is strictly a cleaner, not a cleaner/conditioner, as any sort of conditioner may leave a bit of a sheen (which you don't seem to want).

Be sure to let the soap and water or cleaner do the work and do not rub the dash or other surfaces too hard. If you rub some of the surfaces too hard, you may wind up dulling or even removing some of the factory finish.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi igcitng. :D I would start by trying a mixture of a mild soap and 100% cotton (or automotive quality microfiber) towels.

If that does not work, then try a good quality interior rubber and vinyl cleaner from Meguiar's, Mother's etc.. Be sure it is strictly a cleaner, not a cleaner/conditioner, as any sort of conditioner may leave a bit of a sheen (which you don't seem to want).

Be sure to let the soap and water or cleaner do the work and do not rub the dash or other surfaces too hard. If you rub some of the surfaces too hard, you may wind up dulling or even removing some of the factory finish.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Yay, bbf to the rescue! Thank you! I hope I didn't already dull or rub off any of the finish, did not realize that could happen. What qualifies as a mild soap? I would like to try that before using a vinyl cleaner. I am super sensitive to chemicals and the Armor All is bad enough already without adding more.

Yay, bbf to the rescue! Thank you! I hope I didn't already dull or rub off any of the finish, did not realize that could happen. What qualifies as a mild soap? I would like to try that before using a vinyl cleaner. I am super sensitive to chemicals and the Armor All is bad enough already without adding more.

A would use a few drops of car wash soap in a quart of warm water. Dishwashing soap should also work.

A 2x4 would also work really well.........

(for knocking the yahoo that did this in the head)

A would use a few drops of car wash soap in a quart of warm water. Dishwashing soap should also work.

A 2x4 would also work really well.........

(for knocking the yahoo that did this in the head)

I am liking the 2x4 idea. With a nice big framing nail hammered thru one end of it. :)

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate the help. I am going to try to at least get the front cleaned up tonite so I can drive without being covered in it. I will report back with how successful I am.

Hi igctng. :D Ooops, I meant to write "mixture of a mild soap and water". :banghead::hysterical:

As akirby stated, I would try a good car washing soap and water, using a lighter mixture, soap wise, than what you would normally use to wash the cars exterior. And wipe it down good with clean wet towels afterward, since you don't want to leave a soapy residue on the vinyl. Then clean dry towels to dry. And again, no hard rubbing. And like doing your hair, rinse and repeat as necessary! :shades:

Let us know how you make out and good luck! :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi igctng. :D Ooops, I meant to write "mixture of a mild soap and water". :banghead::hysterical:

As akirby stated, I would try a good car washing soap and water, using a lighter mixture, soap wise, than what you would normally use to wash the cars exterior. And wipe it down good with clean wet towels afterward, since you don't want to leave a soapy residue on the vinyl. Then clean dry towels to dry. And again, no hard rubbing. And like doing your hair, rinse and repeat as necessary! :shades:

Let us know how you make out and good luck! :beerchug:

No worries, I figured the water part out. Wasn't sure on the 'mild' soap. I considered the dishsoap but wasn't sure. And your hair analogy is hillarious. That I can relate to. ;)

I definitely do not want a shine. The shine from the dash is right in my line of sight right now, never had a problem before. And I do not have leather seats. Last nite I bought Meguires car wash soap and I am going to go at it tonite when I get home. Some of it came off with water so I am hopeful that using soap will make for a quick cleanup.

I got the Armor All off of the interior with the Meguires car wash soap and water. It was on every surface inside, even the back. The only areas that it did not come off completely is the little tray that sits on the top of the dash, and the steering wheel is still a little slippery. Not sure why, but I will try again. Whatever this stuff was turned the water the color of diluted beer. Had to change the water four times before I was finished. I do not think there was any damage, it looks like it originally did. Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it very much. ;)