Garage Door setup

I have a 2009 Ford Edge Limited with the garage door entry on the visor. I can't find anywhere in the manual on how to set it up. Tried holding door clicker by headlight and by visor... no luck. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

It's in the manual, but from memory, First clear the memory by holding buttons 1 & 3 down till the red LED changes its flash. Then hold down button #1 while you hold the door remote close to the visor. The LED will change flashes when the code is received.

If you have a door opener with a rolling code, you will have to press the "learn" button on the door opener and then you have 30 seconds to press the #1 button on the visor. You must do the last button press at least twice. The door opener should be programmed now. In the book, the device is called "Home Link" --look in the back where the index is and you'll probably find the reference---

I hope I have done all the steps--- if not, someone here will probably correct me--- :happy feet:

I have a 2009 Ford Edge Limited with the garage door entry on the visor. I can't find anywhere in the manual on how to set it up. Tried holding door clicker by headlight and by visor... no luck. Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

These are several pages in the manual of my 2011 on how to do it. You are supposed to hold the button you want to program at the same time as you press a remote that does work, holding them within 1-3 inches of each other. Now for me that did not work, so had to do what they also suggested in the manual. First I went to website for garage door opener and it did indicate that the opener was compatible with what is in vehicle. What they said was same as manual but that some openers require you put the garage door opener in "learning mod" that required I press a button located (on mine) under the cover that is on opener covering lights. a light will blink and it stays in learning mod for 30 seconds so you have to be kind of quick. You then go back and repeat the process above. Worked first attempt for me

Hi kapstar. :D In addition to the helpful advice above, see my reply in your other post concerning the Owners Manual and Homelink instructions.

Good luck. :beerchug: