Whats everyones favorite Wax / Sealant and Car wash products?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a good write up on how to wash your vehicle. It is at http://www.detailedimage.com I plan on using that method from now on. I use Kit car wash right now but I use Meguires for everything else.

Yep, their website is a wealth of knowledge. I would encourage everyone to to visit http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-Detailing-Guide/ if they want to learn how to properly care for their vehicle. George at Detailed Image is a huge wealth of knowledge and their service is top notch. And not that I get any commission off it whatsoever, mention that Shane from G35Driver directed you there. :)

if you really want to get serious about it, join a detailing forum. There are several good ones. Some are store-operated so they tend to promote what they sell. Others are not but have sponsors. The first one on the list is neither sponsored nor store operated although I am a moderator there so I may be slightly biased about how great it is, LOL.

www.live2detail.com

www.detailingbliss.com

www.autogeekonline.com

www.truthindetailing.com

Autogeek has a ton of videos and articles outlining many different processes and products. Just be aware they make every product on there sound like it's the second coming of Christ. You'll need to cut and paste into your browser.

Edited by richy
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

The local "mop & slop" does a great wash job and the clear coat gets the best attention by staying in my garage. Almost 6 years old and looks shiney and bright! When I get ready to trade or sell, I'll spend $150 and get it detailed.

I gave up waxing cars many years ago--- unless you have nothin better to do with your time, wax away!

• 4 weeks later...

Adams Car Care products FTW from wash to polish to wax.

This. I use Adams for everything except for wax. I haven't tried their Buttery or Americana waxes because I'm still going through my supply of Pinnacle Sourveran. It's the nicest carnuba wax I've ever used. I have photos posted after a recent waxing of my Ruby Red Edge on these forums somewhere.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CFcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autogeek.net%2Fpinsouvwax.html&ei=kGhZUtCuCoLy9gT5voCQDw&usg=AFQjCNGbj9fr0Ie4gcNLvOifSG3-G5dKoQ&sig2=V6M7YBweV6l00UkNy2EZ7g&bvm=bv.53899372,d.eWU

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Basically looking for what products you guys use to keep you car tiptop. What car wash, sealants and waxes do you guys think are the best?

For wax I like to buy - Turtle Wax (have used this for years)

I am not big on hand washing my car only because I'm so busy, I usually visit a car wash with MacNeil Wash Systems equipment.

But....if I had to hand wash or had time for it I hear that Meguiar's products are superb!

• 1 month later...

Chemical Guys.

I am located in Los Angeles. I attended a detail class and have attended car meets/shows at the Chemical Guys office. They also have a bunch of YouTube videos.

I can't claim to know the differences in brands. However, I know that Chemical Guys products have worked for me and they have EVERYTHING you might need to make your vehicle look amazing.

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

I just finished an application of Duragloss 111/601 on my 2011 after a thorough clay bar session. Applying this Duragloss product by hand is identical to applying Zaino Z-2. Same consistency and ease of application and it only took me about 1 tablespoon to do my entire Edge!!! I did try the Duragloss 105/601 combo last year but it was harder to apply and I did not get good durability through a tough Michigan winter. If the 111/601 combo comes even close to Zaino Z-2 in the durability department I'll be using it for a long time. Duragloss 111 plus the 601 bonding agent will set ya back around $20.00 which is about $10.00-$15.00 cheaper then the Z-1/ZFX Zaino combo.

111 has always been compared to Z-2 and I now understand why.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chemical Guys.

I am located in Los Angeles. I attended a detail class and have attended car meets/shows at the Chemical Guys office. They also have a bunch of YouTube videos.

I can't claim to know the differences in brands. However, I know that Chemical Guys products have worked for me and they have EVERYTHING you might need to make your vehicle look amazing.

Plus they do tend to be cheaper.