Driving after remote start

I must not have been listening when I bought my 2011 Limited Edge because I forgot how to drive the car after remote start. Do I just push the start/stop button or push button with brake pedal down? And yes, I am a female! LOL

LOL female problem? then whats my excuse, cause I shut the car off everytime after autostart, and yes you need to "restart" the car when you enter.

YES Foot on brake while pressing the start button

You DO NOT have to have your foot on the brake after it's been started with the remote start. I never do.

The manual sez you have to, but you don't.

Since you have to press 'lock' on the fob before you press start twice, the car will be locked as you approach.

Unlock the car as normal by grabing the door handle.

Once inside, the car is running, but it's not really On. You'll notice none of the guages or screens are available.

Press the start/stop button once to put the car in Accessory mode, then once more to put the car in On mode.

These presses are not 'press and hold' like you do when you start the car normally, but quick, 1-second presses.

Your foot does not have to be on the brake when either of these two start/stop presses occur.

Drive as normal.

Not sure what would happen if you put your foot on the brake and held the start/stop like you were starting it.

Ever use a key to start an old-fashioned car (ha!) after it's already been started? You could damage the starter.

But, if you do, please report back. I'd like to hear if it really damages anything.

You DO NOT have to have your foot on the brake after it's been started with the remote start. I never do.

The manual sez you have to, but you don't.

Since you have to press 'lock' on the fob before you press start twice, the car will be locked as you approach.

Unlock the car as normal by grabing the door handle.

Once inside, the car is running, but it's not really On. You'll notice none of the guages or screens are available.

Press the start/stop button once to put the car in Accessory mode, then once more to put the car in On mode.

These presses are not 'press and hold' like you do when you start the car normally, but quick, 1-second presses.

Your foot does not have to be on the brake when either of these two start/stop presses occur.

Drive as normal.

Not sure what would happen if you put your foot on the brake and held the start/stop like you were starting it.

Ever use a key to start an old-fashioned car (ha!) after it's already been started? You could damage the starter.

But, if you do, please report back. I'd like to hear if it really damages anything.

Foot on the brake and 1 press of the start button works just fine. Haven't tried it your way but seeing as the foot will go on the brake anyway I don't see much of a difference

Foot on the brake and 1 press of the start button works just fine. Haven't tried it your way but seeing as the foot will go on the brake anyway I don't see much of a difference

One of the things I didn't like when I was reading about the Edge before I bought was the fact that you had to put your foot on the brake to start it. My last vehicle had an Intelligent key, so it could be started with the fob in your pocket. But I didn't have to touch the brake. It wasn't a push-button start, but like a keyed start without the key.

It's not the hassle of having to press the brake, but the fact that the brake lights go on. I try to stay as incognito as possible. :ninja: Using my method of remote start, then two presses with no brake, I remain elusive.