Reverse Sensing and Radio Muting?

RayoVac

My wifes 2004 Explorer and my 2004 F150 both have/had reverse sensing. They both had the Audiophile stereo. When the reverse sensing started to beep, the radio would mute down to a much lower volume.

Our new 2007 Edge with reverse sensing and also having the Audiophile does NOT mute down the audio. So if your music is even remotely loud, you can't hear the reverse beeps.

Is this working as it should?

My wifes 2004 Explorer and my 2004 F150 both have/had reverse sensing. They both had the Audiophile stereo. When the reverse sensing started to beep, the radio would mute down to a much lower volume.

Our new 2007 Edge with reverse sensing and also having the Audiophile does NOT mute down the audio. So if your music is even remotely loud, you can't hear the reverse beeps.

Is this working as it should?

Mine mutes slightly, but nothing near what our F-150 does. Possibly a setting we need to change?

Mine mutes slightly, but nothing near what our F-150 does. Possibly a setting we need to change?

I guess I just assumed it was not muting at all, I will check it closer to see if it mutes slightly. I have looked through both the settings in in the info center and within the stereo and have not come across anything that seems to address it.

This was definitely changed sometime in the last couple of years. My 2003 Aviator mutes the stereo but some of the 2006 Lincoln models do not. It might coincide with a change in navigation hardware.

My 2005 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) the radio mutes whenwe are backing up...and I tell you it sure is a "God sent" convinience it forces you to apay attention

My 2005 Expedition (Eddie Bauer) the radio mutes whenwe are backing up...and I tell you it sure is a "God sent" convinience it forces you to apay attention

Okay, I checked mine again (backing up against a garage door) and it does not :stop: mute my stereo. I had thought it did it slightly. I looked it up in the manual and it does not mention muting. So.....I guess it doesn't, seems odd......

• 2 months later...