Does the Edge have auto lock?

I know the Edge can auto lock the doors once your speed reaches 12mph, but I'm wondering if there is a feature that automatically locks the doors if you forget after leaving the vehicle parked.

Thanks!

Hi tknice. :D Waldo is correct. And there is no way to program the vehicle to do so.

While there may be some sort of aftermarket solution, off the top of my head I do not know of one.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Hi tknice. :D Waldo is correct. And there is no way to program the vehicle to do so.

While there may be some sort of aftermarket solution, off the top of my head I do not know of one.

Good luck. :beerchug:

haha touche' fellas.

Well, I rarely leave my car intentionally unlocked so for me, having the car lock the doors 2 minutes after I'm parked would be a good thing.

This would be configurable obviously.

Good grief, how could that ever be possible? How would the car ever know if you forgot to lock or left them unlocked intentionally?

This is hilarious.... I just traded my 2003 Camry in for my new 2011 Edge (LOVE LOVE LOVE it), and the Camry had this "feature". Trust me when I tell you, you do NOT want it!! The car was always locked, despite being safe in my garage, making it a pain to go get anything out of it.

I locked myself out of the car on multiple occasions over the years; I finally got smart & put one of those extra-keys-in-a-metal-magnet-box under the bumper. The delay was so short, that I could unlock the car from the hallway with the key-fob, then if I got even slightly delayed on my way to the vehicle, the darn thing would lock on me before I got there! HATED that little feature, and the dealer could never figure out how to disable it. :wacko:

Edited by emeraldtx

This is hilarious.... I just traded my 2003 Camry in for my new 2011 Edge (LOVE LOVE LOVE it), and the Camry had this "feature". Trust me when I tell you, you do NOT want it!! The car was always locked, despite being safe in my garage, making it a pain to go get anything out of it.

I locked myself out of the car on multiple occasions over the years; I finally got smart & put one of those extra-keys-in-a-metal-magnet-box under the bumper. The delay was so short, that I could unlock the car from the hallway with the key-fob, then if I got even slightly delayed on my way to the vehicle, the darn thing would lock on me before I got there! HATED that little feature, and the dealer could never figure out how to disable it. :wacko:

Our 05 BMW had it but it was owner controllable, default was off.

Needless to say it was NEVER activated!

ab

My 07 Nissan Altima is impossible to lock as long as the keys are in the Cabin.

I would imagine the Edge is the same if you have the Driver Entry package?

Not really... it's actually kind of cool. It's tough to accidentally lock them in, but you can do so intentionally if you wish.

If you try to lock it in the normal way (door handle bump), it won't let you... but you CAN lock it with the keypad (press the furthest two keys on the right at the same time). This will lock your keys in the car. If someone breaks in, they cannot simply start your car and drive off; once your keys are locked in via this method, the key inside is disabled until either (1) the door is opened with the keypad-code or (2) the door is opened with the other key fob.

A nifty feature if you're at the beach or something & don't want to haul your key-fob around! :yup:

Not really... it's actually kind of cool. It's tough to accidentally lock them in, but you can do so intentionally if you wish.

If you try to lock it in the normal way (door handle bump), it won't let you... but you CAN lock it with the keypad (press the furthest two keys on the right at the same time). This will lock your keys in the car. If someone breaks in, they cannot simply start your car and drive off; once your keys are locked in via this method, the key inside is disabled until either (1) the door is opened with the keypad-code or (2) the door is opened with the other key fob.

A nifty feature if you're at the beach or something & don't want to haul your key-fob around! :yup:

Just a clarifiction - that only works on the push button start fob, not with the regular keys. If you leave a regular key in the vehicle and someone breaks in and gets they regular key they can start the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

I was coming in to ask if there was a "keyless exit" somewhere. ie., my keys are buried in my pocket somewhere. I can walk up, door handle and get in, start car, all without digging for the keys, but when I get out and leave, I have to dig for the keys. This two button solution will let me lock the doors from outside, and my remote unlock and everything will still work fine?

I was coming in to ask if there was a "keyless exit" somewhere. ie., my keys are buried in my pocket somewhere. I can walk up, door handle and get in, start car, all without digging for the keys, but when I get out and leave, I have to dig for the keys. This two button solution will let me lock the doors from outside, and my remote unlock and everything will still work fine?

The only time I use the fob it is auto-start the car from my office. I touch the bump on the outside of the handle to lock the car.

I had a 2006 Corvette which also had push button start and the 'auto lock' feature. When you approach the car with the key fob in your purse or pocket the doors open when you push the touch sensor on the car door to open it. It would unlock either the drivers door only or all doors, depending on how you had it set. When you leave the car, provided the key fob is still in your pocket or purse, and you have the option set to on, the doors will automatically lock once you get 3 feet from the vehicle. This was FANTASTIC and I wish it was an option on the Edge. I did have someone with me as a passenger at one of the times I left the car (say to go inside to pay for gas) and the doors had automatically locked them in the car, so when they opened the door it set the alarm off... but that was rare. I still wish I had it on the Edge. If you opened and closed the door and the seat sensor detected that you got out of the car and the key fob stayed in the car the horn would honk 3 times when the drivers door shut to remind me that the keys were still in the car. This helped me a few times when the key fob was in my jacket pocket and I had gotten out of the car to go into somewhere and left my jacket in the car with the key fob in the pocket. I too wish the Edge did that as well. Oh while I'm at it... the other thing it did was give the actual tire pressure for each tire from the TPMS (hello Ford?)... Still minor things overall but with all that technology these things could be included in a future update! ;)

Edited by Ridbidge