Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

Engine stalled while backing up

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   danthebrat

danthebrat

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

This just happened to me!!! 2013 Ford Edge Sport, I was at a stop and when I pushed the gas it sputtered and the low oil pressure light came on and it wouldn't restart. Towed it to the nearest Ford, of course it restarted at the dealer and no codes. They think the have tracked it down to a wiring harness. Don't know....First Ford maybe last

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   csusewind

csusewind

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I have a 2011 edge Limited with 31,000 miles and have experienced similar problems for the first time this week. Twice the car stalled at low speeds and once going 60 miles per hour on the interstate where there was no place to pull over and get out of heavy traffic. Had to coast to a gradual stop with hazards on and pray the cars behind me were paying attention. The dealer's assessment is the throttle body is bad. Part is on back order so no Idea when I will get the car back and no offer of a loaner even though the car is under warranty. I will request one tomorrow. If anyone knows what the fix is or if they have suggested fixes that did not work please let me know. There seems to be varying experiences on fix and reliability after fix. Might be ready to go back to Hondas. No car is worth your life and it seems to me if this is an ongoing problem Ford should recall. What are they waiting for? Does someone have to die for them to deal with this? My three year old granddaughter was with me and I thank God the end result was not worse.

#23 OFFLINE   DallasEdgeGoing

DallasEdgeGoing

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

I have a 2011 Edge with 56K. Last week I was on a major highway, far left lane doing 70 and I heard my car sputter. I had no accelerator pedal. I coasted into the gap between the left lane and HOV entrance. The engine quit as I got to the side. The AWD light on the left was flashing a wrench showed up as the error. I restarted the engine and drove straight to the dealership. Nothing. HUH? I almost got smashed on a Dallas highway. It was something!! Computer didn't register the problem. Dealer said bring it back when it does it again. Ha, nice! Saturday morning, did this twice to me leaving the neighborhood - same flashing AWD and wrench. Husband drove it and gave me the same sure honey look. Well I showed them. This morning less than 5 minutes outside the city, left lane with no shoulder and the warnings were going, no engine, nothing. I took photos and restarted. Made it a few hundred feet in the right lane this time and it did it again. When I restarted this time I had a check engine light. The wrench went away each time though. This time the dealer I limped to replaced the throttle body and I spent almost $1K. The service person said he's seen quite a few of these and to save my receipt and submit it after the recall issued. I'm SO SICK of being the poster child of things that need to be recalled on the Edge line. First the sync system, then the driver and rear lift gate, now the throttle body. If they know they have this problem, why don't they inform us so we don't get hurt or cause an accident :(

T minus 6 months until my Ford is someone else's problem. No more Ford Ever!!

#24 OFFLINE   WWWPerfA_ZN0W

WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 8,147 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

It really is too bad that, first, this part continues to be problematic, and second, continues to be implemented in production without any resolution.  At least they should put a notice out to put a black box in the vehicle when the owner registers a complaint.  Maybe the legal department has other ideas (CYA)?

#25 OFFLINE   ELMersGlue1

ELMersGlue1

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Just happened to me this morning on my 2013 Sport with 6,000 miles. Scared the crap out of me as the low oil pressure light came on and my steering went completely out as I was turning. Started right back up. It better be a one and done type of thing otherwise it's gone. Not dealing with a vehicle shutting off in traffic with family or friends in the car. Hell no. 

#26 OFFLINE   Jim Purcell

Jim Purcell

New Edge Member

• Facebook Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:2015

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:41 AM

My 2015 Edge loses throttle response when slowing down to make turns.  Local dealer changed throttle body and it did it again. will pick up today as "Detroit" had no answer.  Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by Jim Purcell, 09 November 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#27 OFFLINE   macbwt

macbwt

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Platinum Member
  • 2,529 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:08 PM

Low oil pressure light just means the Key on Engine not running.  Thus a low oil pressure light.   Normal response by the system when engine dies.    TB is at issue most likely in the Electronics not the physical part.  Change the TB  and reprogram the PCM with updated programing.

By the way in reference to the previous post as Throttle Body does not cost 1K dollars. Highly over exaggerated figure unless multiple other issues were also addressed.

Edited by macbwt, 15 November 2016 - 06:09 PM.

• David Young likes this

#28 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,439 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

By the way in reference to the previous post as Throttle Body does not cost 1K dollars. Highly over exaggerated figure unless multiple other issues were also addressed.

I'd be willing to speculate that it the computer was not throwing any codes (as she had related), that possibly the dealer had ran up a large labor bill in checking everything, just to be certain he had covered all possible causes.

What would one expect to pay does to replace a throttle body at a Ford dealer?

#29 OFFLINE   David Young

David Young

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 42 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:2014

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

I'd be willing to speculate that it the computer was not throwing any codes (as she had related), that possibly the dealer had ran up a large labor bill in checking everything, just to be certain he had covered all possible causes.

What would one expect to pay does to replace a throttle body at a Ford dealer?

Last time I checked a throttle body cost around $65. You can change it in 30 minutes yourself. Should be lots of youtube videos on how to  do it. If you have a 2011-2012 there is a Customer Satisfaction Program 16B23 that your Edge may be covered under. My local Ford dealer did my 2011 3.7L Mustang for free of charge :)

• macbwt likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users