Ford Edge vs. Cadillac Escalade (Guess who won)

Most placed are like that. The person behind almost always is to blame.

But, reading his post makes me think of something more than a rear-ender...

Your pushing my leg, yes?

In reality, you can sue anyone for anything. That said, I sat on/in a jury trial, for almost this same situation.

During opening arguments, the defense attorney rose and explained the laws to the jury. According to state law, YOU are to have your vehicle under control all the time. Sliding on ice and striking another vehicle, is still not cause to be found innocent of striking the other vehicle and being found not at fault. Touching the vehicle ahead of you, means you did not have control. So if your gonna do it, at least do it good enough, that you are the only one the lives thru it. Otherwise, you better not have a house you own. As for garnishments, that's another story, and more lawyers you'll have to pay, to get blood out of a sows silk ear.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your pushing my leg, yes?

In reality, you can sue anyone for anything. That said, I sat on/in a jury trial, for almost this same situation.

During opening arguments, the defense attorney rose and explained the laws to the jury. According to state law, YOU are to have your vehicle under control all the time. Sliding on ice and striking another vehicle, is still not cause to be found innocent of striking the other vehicle and being found not at fault. Touching the vehicle ahead of you, means you did not have control. So if your gonna do it, at least do it good enough, that you are the only one the lives thru it. Otherwise, you better not have a house you own. As for garnishments, that's another story, and more lawyers you'll have to pay, to get blood out of a sows silk ear.

You are correct about that. That is why the person "in back" is almost always to blame - they must maintain control of their vehicle. And if Sparky gets his jollys running over poor little rice-mobiles, he will find out sooner than later I think.

I see the same thing all the time with insurance coverages. If the pay-out from their auto policy doesn't cover the judgment amount, here come the liens, garnishments, etc.

(Pushing your leg? Was it as good for you as it was for me?)

In this state, its who is at fault. Never hit anything I didn't want to...well...on pavement anyways.

I I'm not sure they give a lot of internet time in prison.

More than you would think at some prisons.

I said crazy not dumb. Have auto ins, of course, but also a 1 million liability ins policy.

Gentlemen--Gentlemen... We seem to have forgotten Copperhead got "the look".....Big dollar dude in a caddie needs to eat some dust..After-all Drag racing has been a right of pasage since-way back when I was a pup..... The difference: That new blue 67 Camaro I raced around Santa Rosa California only cost me $40 a pop for the tickets..Jeez..they got to more than that now........... :shift: .............Sr.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow...so what you are saying is that this guy was trying to get around you because he wanted to drive faster then you. He waited for a passing lane to make a nice legal pass. THEN you decided to be a complete jackhole and block him. Well done. Wanker.

These vehicles are not in the same class. Strap a 6000lbs boat to the back of each and see what blows up, the Truck or the Car. They are made to totally different levels of luxery also. Sure one costs more, it should.

heh heh...Imma lil late on this thread. Since this particular part went down in like, Sept. But, sure is giving me a laugh this morning...

Wow...how adults can act at times.

Yes folks, we have now resorted to name calling..

lol

Wow!

Edited by npggirl

Whew...ROFL..

This entire thread is too darn funny!

Either that, or I had to get up way too early to come to work today...

lol :blink:

Just beware as you drive down the street. If you see I F150 which has a solid steel bull bar gusseted and welded to frame riding on 37 inch tires that are about 250 lbs each and has a winch and a full tool chest, don't use your brakes.

No one else noticed this I guess...he actually said he his F150 has a witch and a full tool chest.

Witch? Pet name for his wife? I hope he doesn't make her ride in the back with his tools.

• 3 months later...

Anybody else find themselves in their Edge being challenged by other drivers? I've had a few incidents lately with some surprising opposition.

One was a Nissan Titan pickup (what was he thinking) and I barely glanced at the guy and it was ON; the road was slightly damp and hey, the Edge's traction control, it works. The Titan, no traction so needless to say he couldn't catch me. Might a been a different story on dry pavement.

Another was an Expedition of all things...I wasn't even paying him any attention. Just took off like I normally do and I could hear that thing revving up and got beside me and I just laid into the gas and watched his passenger grin from my side view mirror.

A co-worker and I were hauling a bunch a folks to lunch, we had 4 each in my Edge and his Caddy (it's a 4 door with a V8, but not sure which one, but not the BIG one, an older CTS maybe). We were side by side at the light and he and I launched at the green. Dry pavement, I slipped a little and traction control kicked in again and I was right there with him about a half a carlink behind.

I'm having a great time driving this thing! And surprising others as well!!!

The Edge is pretty peppy, but not being in my atypical supercharged hotrod or liter bike, I kinda drive around in it like grandma, kinda the idea of buying it and not making 165mph runs at night on a 10 sec bike.... What's the point of racing around in an edge? I could give you a headstart to get to 60 and from a dead stop pass you with the bike at 125+ before you see 85... Vehicles have a level of balance based on the weight, brakes, tires, balance, etc. The Edge really is not meant to be driven over 85mph safely, they shine at about 75mph on the highway.

Totally agree - the Edge on the highway at 60-75mph - is breathless... feels like nothing..

Great long trip road vehicle - but you always have the "grrrrrrrrrrrr" to pass someone..

I agree. Our Edge is a daily driver and we love the pep it has.

As for the moron who likes to bump folks, consider this. In certain states, YOU would be nailed for aggressive driving and failure to control your vehicle to avoid an accident. If you cause injury or kill the other person, you will definitely be in deep crap.

OK, so I was on a straightaway in palo alto yesterday with a friend of mine on the way to breakfast, when a guy in a black 2007 escalade with a girl in the passenger side pulls up and gives me the "look." The light turns green and we floor it. I'm thinking he's got a lot of power, but he's also got a lot of weight. I get an early lead of about a half car length, from that point on we got and gave a few inches through 60 mph. at 80mph I looked back and he was still right there with me about a half car length behind. his passenger door was lined up pretty good with my left rear tire. a few secs later my friend leans over at the speedometer and goes "Wow, 105 thats the fastest I've driven!" I got to about 110 when we started breaking for the next streetlight. We laughed and waved farewell.

I was impressed. The Edge maintained the lead against the Escalade to 110 MPH. At first I was skeptical, but it is what it is.

I think its pretty cool that you raced him. Everyone is making a BFD about it (?)

• 1 month later...
Similar story to the hot shot in the BMW M-5 that thought he would pick on my little pony. What he did not know was that tucked under the hood of my stock 06 GT Mustang is a Roush Blower. Enough said on that one.

:doh: Yes...I too have fallen to the stock looking GT. I couldn't find the "shame" smiley. When I had my RX-8 I ran up to a GT at a light. I'd spanked many before, but not this time...no not this time. I jumped enough off the line that I could hear him spool the whole time he passed me, then he spanked me. I caught up to him at the next light and said "man...blown", he said "yup" and smiled.

BTW, what speed are your tires rated to? Bet you don't know without looking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H - 130 (note, I didn't look)

obviously your Escalade is modded and this guy's wasn't. and as your post reflects, he probably either spun the tires too much or didn't shift correctly, assuming he was using the autostick

point being, 2 bone stock vehicles, on the gas from a dead start, Edge won... fun story (if not completely safe) and worth sharing on this forum, for me.

Edited by bri719

• 4 months later...

wow, drag racing heavy vehicles on a street to speeds upward of 80... Thanks for adding to all the danger of the roads in the bay area. I'll know to stay away from Palo Alto with my MKX.

Grow up!

-Dan

Though I do not agree with unsafe driving habits including racing on the street, anyone who dare's to take a shot at this person for doing so should likely look in the mirror.

Among the top causes of car accidents are drunk driving and of course, driver distractions, number one of which being cell phone use.

I bet you have a cell phone and I bet you also use it while driving. If not, kudos to you, but likely, you are higher risk to the safety of others on the road than two middle aged men racing their SUV's at 100 mph speeds on an empty road.

• 2 months later...

THis post is funny as hell . I could not stop reading .

Nice to hear ytou had fun running light to light.

I agree poeple do like to mess with you in these . I had an escape Provided as fleet vehical , 200+ Hp stock and does not weigh anything, you might want to watch out for these . It would be interesting to see who would win that one .

I did not like the Escape , but fun to drive . It was like a go cart. Road noise to the point you think something is wrong.

• 5 months later...

"I think its pretty cool that you raced him. Everyone is making a BFD about it (?) "

agree'd, I love a good old stop light run with a willing participant. :shades: whatever the outcome, a thumbs up and off to my destination. I'm not talking about the rice-rocket cutting in and out of cars, right hand passing BS. Just a good ol drag :beerchug:

I'm a little ticked off that I barely kept up with the Lebaron in front of me yesterday. Yes, I know how to drive, but HP to weight ratio is a killer....just my 2 cents.

I see no programmer in your sig... That'll help your hp to weight ratio :shades:

• 1 month later...

OK, so I was on a straightaway in palo alto yesterday with a friend of mine on the way to breakfast, when a guy in a black 2007 escalade with a girl in the passenger side pulls up and gives me the "look." The light turns green and we floor it. I'm thinking he's got a lot of power, but he's also got a lot of weight. I get an early lead of about a half car length, from that point on we got and gave a few inches through 60 mph. at 80mph I looked back and he was still right there with me about a half car length behind. his passenger door was lined up pretty good with my left rear tire. a few secs later my friend leans over at the speedometer and goes "Wow, 105 thats the fastest I've driven!" I got to about 110 when we started breaking for the next streetlight. We laughed and waved farewell.

I was impressed. The Edge maintained the lead against the Escalade to 110 MPH. At first I was skeptical, but it is what it is.

Screw the safety Nazis I say "First On Race Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"