remote start help

I just got an 08 ford edge and am having problems with the remote start. I couldn't find directions for it. Even went to the ford accessories website but for some reason it wouldn't show me any manuals. I've tried just pressing down on the button, pressing it three times(read that somewhere), but it just chirps and doesn't start. When I get into the vehicle, the red lock button is blinking and it won't let me start the car. The radio and dash lights are on, but the car isn't running. What am I doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I too am experiencing the same issue. Upon reviewing the manual as provided by Wil I see that it is the Securilock system that is the problem. My issue is that I only have one key for the car as we have lost one set. Does anyone have a way around needing 2 keys to reprogram the Securilock system to get the remote start working again?

I too am experiencing the same issue. Upon reviewing the manual as provided by Wil I see that it is the Securilock system that is the problem. My issue is that I only have one key for the car as we have lost one set. Does anyone have a way around needing 2 keys to reprogram the Securilock system to get the remote start working again?

A trip to your local Ford dealer is the only answer.