viper remote start

there is no way to trigger just the front without going to the circuit board. Its not a trigger wire like the rear. you will have have to remember to leave it on.

How many channels does the viper have?

If i remember correctly some vipers have a programmable output that can control then rear defrost. however downfall to this is it will still turn on when you remote start it when you dont need it (summer time...).

now according to my info the wire is white/orange at the back of the climate controls. this is a latched output. it does not turn the light on you once you have determined the correct wire and is hooked up you will have to listen for the relay clicking under the hood.

there is no way to trigger just the front without going to the circuit board. Its not a trigger wire like the rear. you will have have to remember to leave it on.

If i remember correctly some vipers have a programmable output that can control then rear defrost. however downfall to this is it will still turn on when you remote start it when you dont need it (summer time...).

now according to my info the wire is white/orange at the back of the climate controls. this is a latched output. it does not turn the light on you once you have determined the correct wire and is hooked up you will have to listen for the relay clicking under the hood.

thanks i will give it a try

• 2 weeks later...

The new Viper/Python alarms have a temp probe where if the vehicle is below 55 degrees the rear defogger will turn on, if it above 55 degrees it will not turn on.