Key Case

I built my own. Went to the dollar store and picked up a thin thermal beer can coozie. Outside was orange with a picture of a black pumpkim scary face. the inside is black. I cut it to size with a double overlap on what is the front and then used my sister and a sewing machine (I may be handy but not with a sewing machine). In the end I have a really cool slipper (for lack of a better term) for my fob.

The reason for making it was I would constantly find the rear hatch opened already when I went to the car. BOOO!!!!!

I found out the first day that I had the car that you MUST remove the key ring and any keys from the fob. The diameter of the ring was just right to hit the buttons. Very frustrating. Only set the alarm off twice on day one.

Obviously, this is because I am male with key in front pocket and not in a purse.

I will post some picks if anyone interested. But still looking for a cool case. I might consider it if the price is right.

This only only cost me $1 in money, 1 hour time with my sister on cool project - priceless, and a ton of less worrying if my rear gate is open in the parking lot at client sites with thousands in inventory in the trunk.

I built my own. Went to the dollar store and picked up a thin thermal beer can coozie. Outside was orange with a picture of a black pumpkim scary face. the inside is black. I cut it to size with a double overlap on what is the front and then used my sister and a sewing machine (I may be handy but not with a sewing machine). In the end I have a really cool slipper (for lack of a better term) for my fob.

The reason for making it was I would constantly find the rear hatch opened already when I went to the car. BOOO!!!!!

I found out the first day that I had the car that you MUST remove the key ring and any keys from the fob. The diameter of the ring was just right to hit the buttons. Very frustrating. Only set the alarm off twice on day one.

Obviously, this is because I am male with key in front pocket and not in a purse.

I will post some picks if anyone interested. But still looking for a cool case. I might consider it if the price is right.

This only only cost me $1 in money, 1 hour time with my sister on cool project - priceless, and a ton of less worrying if my rear gate is open in the parking lot at client sites with thousands in inventory in the trunk.

I was always setting off the alarm or opening the rear gate. I've since learned that I needed to separate the fob from the rest of my keys. Now I keep my Fob in my jeans watch pocket and the keys in another.

Your custom case sounds interesting. At one point, I was toying with using the case I had for a pocket knife.

• 3 weeks later...

I've accidently set off my panic alarm twice now. Christmas morning at 8:30 AM and yestesday why shoveling snow.

I searched all over for a suitable and cheap case for the key FOB and I believe I've found a solution. Staples sells a neoprene USB case for around $4.50. Unfortuanately, fuschia in color, but who cares. Case Logic makes the case.

I cut the case with scissors leaving material over the panic button which will prevent ME from pushing the stupid alarm.

I'd love to find the person who designed the key FOB and gently explain how they missed the boat. :finger::censored: Yes, you can insert you're own phrases or words here; I'm trying to remain polite.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

The silicone cases collect too much dust in my pocket and hard to clean it off so I ordered a leather case shown below from ebay. So far it seems very good look and functionality wise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Leather-Surrounded-by-all-of-key-case-For-LINCOLN-MKT-MKX-MKZ-/170958518559

T2.ZyyXk8bXXXXXXXX_!!531972693.jpg

T2b6aaXXhcXXXXXXXX_%21%21531972693.jpg

Thanks for the link. I just ordered one. I found the silicon key fobs work, but a pain to pull out of your pants pocket. Also, they collect a lot of lint.

• 5 years later...