2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

• 2 weeks later...

I synced my phone so that it can read text messages to me, and it does that fine. However, not on the main LCD screen, but in the mini screens in the dash (the one on the right where you can switch from phone to nav to entertainment, etc...) when a text message comes in, it brings it up, I choose for it to be read and after its read, the same options still stay on the screen. If I press cancel so I can go back to the radio or something, the next time a test comes, that screen doesn't pop up letting me choose for it to be read...it only comes up on the main LCD screen, and if I don't touch that fast enough, it disappears. Does anyone know how to read the text on the small screen on the right, exit out of that screen, but still be able to have it pop up again when another message comes through? It's not that big a deal, but I find it much easier to use the controls on the steering wheel while I'm driving. Thanks!

• Like 1

My post 25 update...we have gone from Thanksgiving to now Christmas & I even opened a case with Ford..but still the send to "sync feature" via mapquest still does not work with ie 11.10,9 & has been very spotty with Chrome. The reps still state they are using ie 8 from 2009 even thought we are entering 2014. How can Ford offer assistance when they are 4 to 5 years behind????

The latest I got from Tec on Friday was it would be escalated to IT tech again & maybe they would test ie . So 1 mth passes & no resolve. Worth the $199 Price?

Edited by drpepper

• 3 weeks later...

My post 25 update...we have gone from Thanksgiving to now Christmas & I even opened a case with Ford..but still the send to "sync feature" via mapquest still does not work with ie 11.10,9 & has been very spotty with Chrome. The reps still state they are using ie 8 from 2009 even thought we are entering 2014. How can Ford offer assistance when they are 4 to 5 years behind????

The latest I got from Tec on Friday was it would be escalated to IT tech again & maybe they would test ie . So 1 mth passes & no resolve. Worth the $199 Price?

"I am able to confirm that we are aware that there is an issue with map quest and IE10. we do not have an ETA on a resolution " MG,Client Service Manager

Lincoln Client Relationship Center

SO some progress,...Acknowledge IE10- Still have IE 11,9, & Google Chrome when on win7 prof vs. home edition but at least a start.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

My touch screen went out completely. I seen they had a recall for the module, so I took it to the Ford garage. They said it was a different module and wasn't covered under the warranty. They want $1000 to fix it.

Hi Icebox6961,

Do you recall the the name of the module that needs to be replaced? Send the details and your VIN in a PM.

Shaay

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hi dears

i need

BT4T-14D544-AJ

SYNC GEN 2 IMAGE

files as a direct link for reinstall to my sync system .

i need files

and site says there is no new update and you are up to date please send files to me

or help me to reinstall system

thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I have had 1 edge and 3 Expeditions. While the ford edge has been a good car overall the back up camera is now unside down. The dealer want s between 100 and 500.00 to look at it and fix it. What ticks me off the most is that the service rep. looked at me like this is the first time this has ever happened. My Ford Edge has 88000 miles and will be my last Ford. I am moving on to Lexus RX 350 new or used it will be a better value. Should have purchased on last time it was not much higher than this 2011 ford edge limited.

This issue is a software issue and should be fixed for free by Ford.

I have had 1 edge and 3 Expeditions. While the ford edge has been a good car overall the back up camera is now unside down. The dealer want s between 100 and 500.00 to look at it and fix it. What ticks me off the most is that the service rep. looked at me like this is the first time this has ever happened. My Ford Edge has 88000 miles and will be my last Ford. I am moving on to Lexus RX 350 new or used it will be a better value. Should have purchased on last time it was not much higher than this 2011 ford edge limited.

Hi Dogman,

I can look in to this. Can you send the VIN in a private message for me please?

Joy

It's the camera failing. It's failing on a lot of Edges. Can replace DIY but still needs a dealer calibration to restore all functionality. Sucks.

Yup, wlepse is who you want to talk to!

The developer built in the camera calibration as a service function with the latest beta release. Should be simple. I have the camera and an OBDLink MX bluetooth on the way. Will update when I can get it all done.

FORscan 2.3.2 beta, 2016-06-01 release notes

• + Service function "Rear camera calibration" for:

• F-150 2011-2013 model year
  • Edge 2011-2013 model year
  • Explorer 2011-2013 model year
  • Flex 2013 model year
  • Taurus 2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKX 2011-2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKS 2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKT 2013 model year

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The developer built in the camera calibration as a service function with the latest beta release. Should be simple. I have the camera and an OBDLink MX bluetooth on the way. Will update when I can get it all done.

FORscan 2.3.2 beta, 2016-06-01 release notes

• + Service function "Rear camera calibration" for:

• F-150 2011-2013 model year
  • Edge 2011-2013 model year
  • Explorer 2011-2013 model year
  • Flex 2013 model year
  • Taurus 2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKX 2011-2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKS 2013 model year
  • Lincoln MKT 2013 model year

Install of the new camera was simple. It took me about 2 hours from pulling out the tools to getting it all back in. I followed the same process as this http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17508-reverse-cam-woes/page-2?do=findComment&comment=129556but instead of a dremel I just used a small drill bit and it reversed the screw right out from behind. Screwed it back in by hand and then put a small zip tie just in case around the bracket.

I used an OBDLink MX and FORscan to recalibrate the camera. Simple as connecting to my laptop and selecting the service action to calibrate the camera. Took 10 mins start to finish to get it completed.

My camera is now 100% functional with lines and zoom.

Edited by NWS Alpine
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Have a 2012 Edge Limited purchased new. Love the car--the way it handles & rides & the gas mileage--everything except the SYNC system. Sync has always been quirky, just changing up display on its own or turning off the radio and often difficult to get it turned back on. Each time there was an update, it was no better and sometimes worse. One thing I really loved was the compass; very helpful in finding my way around. About six months ago, the car battery died. Had it replaced and most everything worked again; had to call Sirius radio for a total reboot but worked the same as always once that was done. The compass, however, was stuck on "E", the direction the car was sitting when the battery died. I followed the instructions in the User Guide & tried numerous times to get it working again. Called Ford & explained my problem and was told I would probably have to take to dealer. The dealer is 35 miles away so I waited until an oil change was due & mentioned my Compass problem to the service person, hoping to get it repaired on the same trip. I was told they didn't know when they would have anyone available to find out what was wrong & that I would need to "drop it off" for a few days to let them check it out. So I am still driving around without the use of what I consider to be one of the most important options. Very annoying.