Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

• Please log in to reply
325 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

You probably just need a new APIM. It has happened to others and a new one (or two in some cases) fixes it.

(I deleted the duplicate posts)

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#242 OFFLINE   Black Velvet

Black Velvet

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

I have no clue what APIM is or what to do with it.

#243 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

I have no clue what APIM is or what to do with it.

You don't have to - just take it back to the dealer.
  • tpm419419 likes this

#244 OFFLINE   wilsons66604

wilsons66604

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Member
  • 1,812 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have a 2011 edge ltd and the sync packed it in this morning completely screen blank, no camera, radio , phone ......... And on . I have had this car for about a year now and never had the sync work properly. I have it booked into the dealership to get this fixed.

My question is. Is there any hope in getting this issue fixed! Or is this a FORD LEMON

Please help!

You can call it a lemon if you like.
The whole Ford Touch system is proving to be a big mistake for Ford. I see them working on updates to the software for another year then they will throw it to the curb.

Did you update to the newest version? That will be the first thing you will need to do before they even consider replacing the My Ford Touch computer (APIM).

#245 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

It has certainly been a fiasco but there is no way they're "kicking it to the curb". They're already working on the next generation using Windows 8.

And I'm sure it will require a new, faster APIM with more memory (it is windoze after all).

Edited by akirby, 25 April 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#246 OFFLINE   wilsons66604

wilsons66604

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Member
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

It has certainly been a fiasco but there is no way they're "kicking it to the curb". They're already working on the next generation using Windows 8.

And I'm sure it will require a new, faster APIM with more memory (it is windoze after all).

I'm not saying there will not be other systems in the future.
I'm just saying that Ford will drop this version and move on to the future.

#247 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'm just saying that Ford will drop this version and move on to the future.

But isn't that to be expected no matter what?

#248 OFFLINE   The Outrage

The Outrage

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

I was trying out the Chrysler Uconnect system last night. It might be a little uglier than MyFord Touch but it's blazing fast in comparison. The touch screen's responsiveness is much better as there is no need to finger-stab the screen to register a "tap" as is required with MyFord Touch.

#249 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I was trying out the Chrysler Uconnect system last night. It might be a little uglier than MyFord Touch but it's blazing fast in comparison. The touch screen's responsiveness is much better as there is no need to finger-stab the screen to register a "tap" as is required with MyFord Touch.

It remains to be seen how it holds up over time.

#250 OFFLINE   wlepse

wlepse

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

But isn't that to be expected no matter what?

Sure but not until they got it working. Mine still doesn't function anything like what I was sold. Just got the car back from the dealer and they tell me everything is fine because they couldn't replicate the issues. The update has seemed to help stability but there are still so many bugs I can't belive Ford made people wait this long to still have the same problems. When I dropped the car off I was told they are still working on it. I just hope if Ford does revamp the whole thing the parts can be retrofitted for those of use that still can reliably use the system.

It remains to be seen how it holds up over time.

Well at least it worked at some point. I could deal with having to replace a part in a few years to have a functional system.
  • wilsons66604 likes this

#251 OFFLINE   richy

richy

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 919 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

My wife's 2011 Durango has this and I don't like it as much. To make a call is a real PITA. It has far too many prompts and questions before it makes the actual call.

#252 OFFLINE   wilsons66604

wilsons66604

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Member
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

My wife's 2011 Durango has this and I don't like it as much. To make a call is a real PITA. It has far too many prompts and questions before it makes the actual call.

Uconnect is a broad term. Chrysler has used it for several years now. It's very hard to distinguish what features you have when a person says "Uconnect"
Just like Ford may still use "My Ford Touch" in the future. A buyer will need to be well versed to know what they are getting.

I hope the buyer of my Edge is not well versed. I can see the Blue Book value dropping a butt load because I have the "first gen" MFT.

#253 OFFLINE   choff1138

choff1138

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Uconnect is a broad term. Chrysler has used it for several years now. It's very hard to distinguish what features you have when a person says "Uconnect"
Just like Ford may still use "My Ford Touch" in the future. A buyer will need to be well versed to know what they are getting.

I hope the buyer of my Edge is not well versed. I can see the Blue Book value dropping a butt load because I have the "first gen" MFT.

Wilson - I seem to remember you saying a long time ago that you don't keep cars long - might be time for you to give in and just sell - for whatever you can get. So that you can go back to being happy with a car.
  • Scorpio likes this

#254 OFFLINE   wilsons66604

wilsons66604

Ford Edge Addict

• Edge Member
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

Wilson - I seem to remember you saying a long time ago that you don't keep cars long - might be time for you to give in and just sell - for whatever you can get. So that you can go back to being happy with a car.

You're right. I have a history of not keeping cars long. I had hoped this Edge would have changed that.
I like the Edge and have learned to put my blinders on when it comes to the Touch problems. That makes for a half-ass experience of driving a vehicle.

I bet when I get a new car it won't have My Ford Touch in it!

#255 OFFLINE   goatee

goatee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

I have the newest version on my 11 Limited. When on the home screen, the navigation will only display the compass and stopped displaying the street name. It will still display the street name when on the red entertainment screen in the upper right corner. I tried a master reset, repaired the phone and toggled many times between screen and nav settings. I also removed and reinserted the nav card a few times. Anyone else with this isse and how did you solve it?

#256 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Anyone else with this isse and how did you solve it?

They removed it in the new version.

#257 OFFLINE   Weezer

Weezer

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have the newest version on my 11 Limited. When on the home screen, the navigation will only display the compass and stopped displaying the street name. It will still display the street name when on the red entertainment screen in the upper right corner. I tried a master reset, repaired the phone and toggled many times between screen and nav settings. I also removed and reinserted the nav card a few times. Anyone else with this isse and how did you solve it?

Go to the navigation screen, select a destination, start the route, cancel the route, return to the home screen. The street name should re-appear under the compass. This has worked for me and others.

#258 OFFLINE   mv-clear

mv-clear

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

Mine did that after a couple of weeks, what I did was use the nav once, and now its back.. not sure if it just needed a kick, I basically asked it to navigate to my home, and then cancelled the route after it started. Now it's back.. much faster/easier than pulling the fuse, or doing a mster reset.

M.

#259 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,733 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

Sorry - I thought that was something they removed entirely.

#260 OFFLINE   goatee

goatee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 174 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

Wheezer and mv-clear. I took your advise. Programmed in a local destination then went there and then cleared it. The system once again works just as intended. You were right, the system just needed a kick start. The home screen now displays the street name again. Very greatful for the advise. Another MFT learning moment. BTW I also discussed this with a syncmyride.com a tech person a few days earlier who advised me to bring it in for service. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users