Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The official Ford authorized Ford Edge Registry is now live. More here!

Photo
- - - - -

2011 Edge/MKX My Touch and Sync Problems

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2011

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

<griping deleted>

If you can't follow the rules don't post. You were warned.

Edited by akirby, 22 November 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#282 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Item 3 is a legitimate issue..  I explained in detail ( in the post that was deleted) what was occurring since Antonio misunderstood my initial statement.  It has nothing to do with an active route as he asked/guessed.  .  Kindly add back so a tech can provide assistance.

#283 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,849 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

You'll have to retype it.

#284 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Q:#3. the street name not showing in top right corner of 8” main display when you leave the map section of navigation but does show up with all other changes,

Reply from Antonio-Tech -:I'm not sure what you mean by "all other changes." Do you mean changes to the software or changes to the active route?

Q#3  my reply back--RETYPED after it was deleted in error...

active route is not the issue...The 8" touch screen does NOT perform as intended in a certain instance when it does in all other instances...I shall explain

The street name SHOULD display in the top right line above the Nav quadrant on the main 8" display ( except home screen when it is in the quadrant)  ***BUT in instance described below it disappears in ERROR.  Seeking comment on when a fix will be done...MFT has been out 3 years+ & is reasonable to ask...

If you are in the map section of the navigation zone.......you leave navigation & go to radio or leave nav & go to phone- or leav nav & go to Climate-******you will lose the street name display*****  in the upper top right line of main 8" MFT display where it should display during normal driving- no route selected.......UNLESS you JUMP two zones- what do I mean by that...I'll explain

IE  In order for street name to display properly when leaving the navigation zone you must do a stupid "two hop " process.   You want to go to entertainment but if you leave nav to entertainment -- street name goes away.  Must go to climate 1st & then radio- magically pops back on display.  Or must go to phone 1st & then go to radio. etc. for the disappearing street name to REAPPEAR.  Hence a two hop process to FORCE the street name to reappear when it should just appear after you move from map in nav or  any other of the 3 options ( phone, entertainment, climate)- home screen as stated before will display in the quadrant normally & not in upper top right line.

Please advise if Ford is aware of issue & if they deem it worthy of fixing since it has not been fixed in the past few updates.

#285 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

#6.  Thanks for the explanation..  But you did not mention if there is a selection of level of service?  Extra feature added after vehicle purchase that drives price sky high- seems to fit perfectly with some type of tiered subscription model upon renewal- ie w/o the operator assist. 

I know you are more "tech" but after your explanation & me not seeing anything posted in glossy's, pamphlets, & find the webs sites differ on style & presentation.- It all is confusing-

#286 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Support

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 419 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:11 PM

#6.  Thanks for the explanation..  But you did not mention if there is a selection of level of service?  Extra feature added after vehicle purchase that drives price sky high- seems to fit perfectly with some type of tiered subscription model upon renewal- ie w/o the operator assist. 

I know you are more "tech" but after your explanation & me not seeing anything posted in glossy's, pamphlets, & find the webs sites differ on style & presentation.- It all is confusing-

drpepper,

I'm not clear on what you mean by "selection of level of service." It sounds like you might be inquiring if there will be any way to modify the services your receive in exchange for a different or lower price. I cannot speculate if this is something that will be offered in the future, but I certainly encourage you to submit your suggestions to the Ford New Idea link I provided in my previous post.

Q:#3. the street name not showing in top right corner of 8” main display when you leave the map section of navigation but does show up with all other changes,

Reply from Antonio-Tech -:I'm not sure what you mean by "all other changes." Do you mean changes to the software or changes to the active route?

Q#3  my reply back--RETYPED after it was deleted in error...

active route is not the issue...The 8" touch screen does NOT perform as intended in a certain instance when it does in all other instances...I shall explain

The street name SHOULD display in the top right line above the Nav quadrant on the main 8" display ( except home screen when it is in the quadrant)  ***BUT in instance described below it disappears in ERROR.  Seeking comment on when a fix will be done...MFT has been out 3 years+ & is reasonable to ask...

If you are in the map section of the navigation zone.......you leave navigation & go to radio or leave nav & go to phone- or leav nav & go to Climate-******you will lose the street name display*****  in the upper top right line of main 8" MFT display where it should display during normal driving- no route selected.......UNLESS you JUMP two zones- what do I mean by that...I'll explain

IE  In order for street name to display properly when leaving the navigation zone you must do a stupid "two hop " process.   You want to go to entertainment but if you leave nav to entertainment -- street name goes away.  Must go to climate 1st & then radio- magically pops back on display.  Or must go to phone 1st & then go to radio. etc. for the disappearing street name to REAPPEAR.  Hence a two hop process to FORCE the street name to reappear when it should just appear after you move from map in nav or  any other of the 3 options ( phone, entertainment, climate)- home screen as stated before will display in the quadrant normally & not in upper top right line.

Please advise if Ford is aware of issue & if they deem it worthy of fixing since it has not been fixed in the past few updates.

Unfortunately, my team is not integrated with product development... therefore I am unable to lend a preview on any bug fixes or patch notes before the next iteration of software arrives. I can assure you that your feedback has been received, as all of our customer relationship interactions are well documented from both online and offline encounters. I just wish I could offer some sort of insight into how engineering determines its programming objectives, but alas this is knowledge I do not possess.

Antonio

Edited by FordIVTteam, 23 November 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#287 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

Antonio....thanks you for your quick responses.    You may not have been able to resolve the issues I have brought to light but --as you said --at least they are passed on  to Ford. 

From my perspective it has been a very slow & long  3 +years  to get the MFT/MLT  from the 2010 release version 1.8  to what- 10 + versions later --at 3.6 to a level that owners expect. 

And - since this is a forum - for the exchange of ideas, experiences,- good & bad- at least others who read this web site can benefit from that time line- that to some may seem like gripping -but after 3+years we do deserve to see outstanding issues resolved by now with out adding on new ones.  And in fairness ,the current version does resolve many-but the remaining issues with the added difficulty of price & loss of functions does frustrate.

#288 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Can anybody confirm that "send to sync" is working?  I know ie10 has had issues...but I have tried the last 3 days & can not get Google Chrome to work to send an address to Sync so I can retrieve via sync services.

10pm EST I tried & it just spins

Tried IE 11 & no as well

Not gripping but ---geeze ---what does work?

Edited by drpepper, 25 November 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#289 OFFLINE   tpm419419

tpm419419

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Googles maps no longer sync  you need to use MapQuest which works perfectly. If you have a smart phone there is an app called "Send to Car" which is great. simply copy an address from your contacts or type one in

#290 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Googles maps no longer sync  you need to use MapQuest which works perfectly. If you have a smart phone there is an app called "Send to Car" which is great. simply copy an address from your contacts or type one in

I am using mapquest. It is NOT WORING PERFECTLY. That is why I posted question.
Replies off at sync forum state same nit working. When I called 800 number they want to test different locations to see & want to blane map quest

Edited by drpepper, 26 November 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#291 OFFLINE   tpm419419

tpm419419

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

It is working fine for me. No issues at all

#292 OFFLINE   tpm419419

tpm419419

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 904 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Have you tried using Map Quest on another browser like IE or FireFox

#293 OFFLINE   ls973800

ls973800

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 1,027 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I use Firefox and have never had a problem sending a location to my vehicle (2013 Limited) via Map Quest.  Just did one Saturday.

• tpm419419 likes this

#294 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  I uninstalled & reinstalled Google Chrome.  I tried 3 different addresses with Mapquest 1 in PA, one in DE, & 1 in NJ.  I screen cap the spinning sending  that never sent.   Called later afternoon & got a BETTER CSR.  They opened up a case file- confirmed that one in their office could not use IE10 on their personal device but that they had IE8 on their work computers - so the could not test ie10 nor IE 11 that came out the other day.  The CSR sent an address From MI through google chrome to my cell & it worked.    So maybe it is a region thing?.  Yea the Lincoln mobile app works that is what I wound up doing... but ...

The Idea was I had a work email with a business address for a conference I had to attend today.  Made sense to cut & paste that address in a web browser & send to sync- BUT IT DO NOT WORK!!!  Not from my work laptop at work nor my home pc.  Yes, I can type it in car but the convenience of the day before at work  send to sync & then have it download while I started my drive this morning ( I know how to get out of my home town) vs. doing in driveway this am before I left.  But as stated hard to justify the $199 for the convenience Especially when more & more of the service just doesn't work reliably or keeps changing.

MY thought is I could spend time to type in the app for the "paid service"  I could type in phone as a contact & then just send that contact to the nav & that is free...oh wait that feature is not working as well...

Well- I need to wait 5-7 business days to hear back from Ford sync support to see if they find  a reason

Edited by drpepper, 26 November 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#295 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:52 PM

Update: I was able today-12/2/13 use mapquest via google chrome & send to a PA & DE address from my work laptop.  IE10 did not work. 

Tonight 12/2/13...mapquest on same version of Google Chrome w/win 7( just like at work) I was NOT ABLE TO SEND.

So Again, there is something with the reliability on Google Chrome ( some days works - MANY MANY days it does  not)  & no support for IE10 & await CSR at Ford Sync to tell us why & what they found out.

Edited by drpepper, 02 December 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#296 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

2 weeks gone by since I opened up a case & Ford has NOT gotten back to me,  Big surprise!!!  So Send to sync doesn't work with IE 11, 10, 9 & the CSR are on IE8 & they have not gotten back with any answers after 2 weeks. 

Antonio... what did you find out? or can find out?  & not just a mapquest issue since it is a Lincoln $199 service that is not functioning. 

#297 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

Official Ford Support

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 419 posts
  • Region:Decline

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

2 weeks gone by since I opened up a case & Ford has NOT gotten back to me,  Big surprise!!!  So Send to sync doesn't work with IE 11, 10, 9 & the CSR are on IE8 & they have not gotten back with any answers after 2 weeks. 

Antonio... what did you find out? or can find out?  & not just a mapquest issue since it is a Lincoln $199 service that is not functioning. 

Hi drpepper,

If you PM a ticket number I'd be happy to check for any updates to your case. You're also welcome to call in for a status update at 1-800-392-3673, options #1 then #3.

Antonio

Edited by FordIVTteam, 11 December 2013 - 09:17 AM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W likes this

#298 OFFLINE   drpepper

drpepper

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

• Antonio  Thanks for offer.  I did PM you the case number.  I tried again today.  IE 11 no go -just spins.
  •   Google chrome today- worked in a blink of an eye but over past several weeks has been very spotty most times it is NOT working. 
  • Tried at home with same version of chrome  on windows 7 home vs work windows 7 prof....& it just spins...  day vs night?  I don't know...

Edited by drpepper, 11 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#299 OFFLINE   rwolson

rwolson

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

IE 11 you may need to play with Tools>Compatibility View Settings and probably add the website to the list.  Many documented problems on the web for IE 11 issues including Google Search.

#300 OFFLINE   goatee

goatee

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

I had no problems with uploading from Mapquest until I upgraded from 3.5 to the current version of 3.6 and the dealer replaced the APIM.  Now it never uploads.  Also the ambient lighting stays on despite turning it off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users