How to remove rear liftgate interior trim panels

bschau

bschau,

Have you found any info on this topic? I'm looking for the same info on a 2007 Edge SEL. I've searched the internet with no luck. I don't want to just start pulling panels until something gives! :banghead:

Any updates, ANYONE...I too am about to try a rev camera install (came free with DVD/NAV from C'field)....thanks.

• 1 month later...

I want to install a rear view camera on my 2008 Edge.

What I need help with is how to remove the trim panels on the liftgate.

Any directions or diagrams would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Remove the four screws for the handles on the bottom panel. Then just pull the panel towards you starting at one corner it will pull right off.

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the four screws for the handles on the bottom panel. Then just pull the panel towards you starting at one corner it will pull right off.

I tried this without any luck. I removed the 4 screws easily enough but the plastic cover wouldn't pull off. How hard do you have to pull after removing the four screws? I don't want to just keep pulling until something breaks.

Edited by fjordster

I tried this without any luck. I removed the 4 screws easily enough but the plastic cover wouldn't pull off. How hard do you have to pull after removing the four screws? I don't want to just keep pulling until something breaks.

It should pull right off. I've had mine off a few times without any problems.

• 2 months later...