After Market Remote Start?

i am a big fan of aftermarket. I personally have an autopage. mine can start from (up to a mile so the manu says), I have it set up to open the auto lift gate, turns on each of the heated seats independently, and adjust the tem of them too, turns on the rear defrost. granted i was in installer for 12 years so i did it myself.

in the past i have used viper (dei), compustar, audiovox, autopage.

depends on the dealership if they have a "accessory" department they will usually use the same brands you will find at a ma-pa type audio shop. lots of times is these types of shops that get contracted to install them.

I've got a Compustar in our 2008 Edge. I would highly recommend that you get a 2 way starter. It lets you know that the car successfully started without actually having to see it. It's helpful when starting the car from a long distance. I belive the range on this one is approx 3000 feet.

The controller was programmed by the installation shop to do everything the factory remote does (lock, unlock, tailgate, panic). They could have also done things like the seat heaters and rear defroster, but I didn't want to pay the extra money to have them install those features. If I was an installer like baum, I would definitley done it, but I was quoted approx $75 per option and I decided it wasn't worth it.

I just bought a Python 872 (same as a Viper 5701) and it was $503 installed. It will start from over 2000 feet away, pops the rear hatch, turns on the rear defogger if the internal temp is below 55' when starting.

The remote tells you if the vehicle started, if it is armed, un-armed, internal temp.

I am really happy with it.... discussion here on the topic I started. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6001-alarm-and-remote-start/

I just bought a Python 872 (same as a Viper 5701) and it was $503 installed. It will start from over 2000 feet away, pops the rear hatch, turns on the rear defogger if the internal temp is below 55' when starting.

The remote tells you if the vehicle started, if it is armed, un-armed, internal temp.

I am really happy with it.... discussion here on the topic I started. http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6001-alarm-and-remote-start/

Did that include the bypass? if so that is a hell of price. I think MSRP on that alarm alone is 479 installed.

Where did you get it done at?

Funny you asked about the bypass, that is getting installed in 2 weeks. I had issues with the radio being on and they said they had to order a bypass. They made an appointment for me and told me the part is in, they didnt say any price.

It was done at American TV.

Did that include the bypass? if so that is a hell of price. I think MSRP on that alarm alone is 479 installed.

Where did you get it done at?