Latest update BT4T-14D544-BE. Experiences?

Neil McLaughlin

Is the latest user-installed update to be installed after the dealer-installed update? Surprised it list's all updates rather than the one's for specific users, kind of like after completing windows updates, all of a sudden you get a new list of updates.

Yes. Seems to be just like Windows. The Sync Gen 2 upgrade must be done first. That new update is for the Sync Gen 2 platform.

It only appeared for me on syncmyride once my system was upgraded to Gen 2.

Strange. I have not done the dealer Sync Gen 2 update yet and it's listed as an upgrade on my syncmyride profile.

Are you able to download the BE update. A user on another Forum who did not have the BD update installed could not download the BE update. I have had the BD update and was able to download the update.

I downloaded and installed the BE update last night without any problems. Do not know yet what it fixes but the installation screen showed it to be a service pack. It is a fairly large upgrade (about 250MB) and takes close to 20 minutes. If you do the BE update be patient as it will appear as if nothing is happening, the system does a complete reboot at least twice, the screen will go black and takes a while to reappear.

Are you able to download the BE update. A user on another Forum who did not have the BD update installed could not download the BE update. I have had the BD update and was able to download the update.

I downloaded and installed the BE update last night without any problems. Do not know yet what it fixes but the installation screen showed it to be a service pack. It is a fairly large upgrade (about 250MB) and takes close to 20 minutes. If you do the BE update be patient as it will appear as if nothing is happening, the system does a complete reboot at least twice, the screen will go black and takes a while to reappear.

Thanks for the warning about that. With my usual level of impatience, I might have pulled it prior to allowing it to finish. I have an appointment Friday morning to get my dealer Sync update done. I'll do this one this weekend then.

Well, here is my latest experience on this particular issue.

I downloaded and successfully installed the BT4T-14D544-BE update. Similar to other's experience, it took about 20 minutes and the install confirmation was then successfully uploaded to the syncmyride web site. There did not seem to be any operational impacts to the MFT system, at least that were obvious.

However, here are a couple of observations that may or may not be errors either with the update or the web site. When I looked at the contents of the downloaded update file, the file name was actually different than the file name listed on the Update web site. Here is what I mean:

Web site: BT4T-14D544-BE

Filename: BT4T-14D546-EB.CAB

Also, on the syncmyride web site in the confirmed installations screen, neither of the above file names appears.

I should add that the same update(BT4T-14D544-BE) is still appearing on the available updates screen. Even Microsoft Windows Update does better than that.

If someone from the Sync team is monitoring this Forum could advise us all, that would be helpful.

Edited by _11088

Has anyone seen what this update addresses?

Did the ambient lighting interface get fixed?

Do Ford owners still see Lincoln logo?

As mentioned above, the update does not seem to have any operational impact.

Regarding your two other questions, neither of those issues appeared for me in the Gen 2 upgrade. However, maybe this update fixes those issues for others.

Would also be curious to know.

I have the new update listed for me to install and I still need to get the dealer to install the last update.

I wonder what the new update is.

I checked this afternoon and the latest update is no longer available for me.

I'm taking the Edge in tomorrow for the big update. Maybe the latest update will show up after I get the first update applied.

I checked this afternoon and the latest update is no longer available for me.

I'm taking the Edge in tomorrow for the big update. Maybe the latest update will show up after I get the first update applied.

You have no idea how much I hope this goes well for you. I am really hoping you get to experience how great this system can be. Good luck and I am sure we will be hearing about it tomorrow.

After doing this update this morning, I find MFT to be much snappier. Quicker on the response. I tried skipping from song to song to song on my usb drive and it never missed a beat, switching each time quickly. I'm not used to that. I was more used to it hanging a bit and it never hung once on me. The nav display is just as snappy and quick to update.

After doing this update this morning, I find MFT to be much snappier. Quicker on the response. I tried skipping from song to song to song on my usb drive and it never missed a beat, switching each time quickly. I'm not used to that. I was more used to it hanging a bit and it never hung once on me. The nav display is just as snappy and quick to update.

Ditto for mine. Update took about 20 minutes

I just brought my car in for service this morning. Dealer said it would be about 2 hrs, they gave me a loaner because I had to go to work. I KNEW it wouldnt just take 2 hrs. Long story short, I get a call from the dealer at around 5pm and they said they successfully updated the system and everything looks good. they wanted to hold my car overnight because I brought up thinking that the reason my SCREEN wouldnt turn on was because it was cold out (after around 40 min the screen would turn on). Dealer said they are going to keep the car outside over night and test it in the morning, I was totally cool with that.

Anyway, after looking at syncmyride.com, It looks like I have the BE update. BUT It also looks like I never received the BD update. I am wondering if it is possible to skip directly from AJ to BE. Below is my update history:

Type Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2 BT4T-14D544-BE CI 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-AJ 1.3 SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ) CU 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-AJ 1.3 SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ) CI 1/4/2011

BT4T-14D544-AJ 1.3 SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ) CI 11/9/2010

I am wondering if it is possible to skip directly from AJ to BE. Below is my update history:

I would guess that the dealer is able to obtain BE without doing the Sync Checker which means that they did BD and then BE before finally registering the update with Ford. BE is tiny in comparison to BD - they even label it a "Service Pack"... :rolleyes:

Looking at some of the update packages I have obtained, during the 'setup' SYNC does check your version and I find it highly unlikely that it would run unless it met the correct conditions.

I got my update :happy feet:

UPDATE: I used IE instead of Chrome to check status and now I see the history

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2

The update was just a couple of hours (a free oil change took up some of that time :-)

All seems to be working well with the USB and BT Audio so far!

I did check the SMS Text to Speech and there is an option for it but when I go into phone settings, it tells me that it's still not supported on the iPhone (no surprise but someone had mentioned it earlier)

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 1

I just brought my car in for service this morning. Dealer said it would be about 2 hrs, they gave me a loaner because I had to go to work. I KNEW it wouldnt just take 2 hrs. Long story short, I get a call from the dealer at around 5pm and they said they successfully updated the system and everything looks good. they wanted to hold my car overnight because I brought up thinking that the reason my SCREEN wouldnt turn on was because it was cold out (after around 40 min the screen would turn on). Dealer said they are going to keep the car outside over night and test it in the morning, I was totally cool with that.

Anyway, after looking at syncmyride.com, It looks like I have the BE update. BUT It also looks like I never received the BD update. I am wondering if it is possible to skip directly from AJ to BE. Below is my update history:

Type Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-AJ 1.3 SYNC GEN2 CCPU (AJ) CU 1/4/2011

My history looks the same as yours. Even with the AJ thrown in the mix

Now BD is missing from my updates and downloads page on syncmyride.com - I have an appointment on 1/14 at the dealership to have it installed. Not sure if it's no longer being offered, why it was removed from my list of available updates/downloads? BE dissapeared yesterday....very strange way to manage communication with customers.

Now BD is missing from my updates and downloads page on syncmyride.com - I have an appointment on 1/14 at the dealership to have it installed. Not sure if it's no longer being offered, why it was removed from my list of available updates/downloads? BE dissapeared yesterday....very strange way to manage communication with customers.

I noticed my BD missing this morning also but I assumed that was because it was getting installed at the time