Latest update BT4T-14D544-BE. Experiences?

Neil McLaughlin

(Do you mean BE and not EB)

When your Edge gets to the dealership, have them update to the latest (happens to be BE now)

There was one other update (BD) but BE it the latest.

Strange, it does say EB. It is a zipped file. I downloaded it to flash to confirm. It must be a software update of some kind. They may have mislabeled the file. The instructions were to insert into the usb of the car etc. etc. then confirm the update. I didn't unzip the file, not sure if you are supposed to unzip before taking it to the car (actually don't have the car yet!!! probably another couple weeks lol) but just trying to get ahead of the game. I ordered the Edge the end of Oct. and will probably get it the end of Jan. You mentioned going to the dealership for update...but the file I got sounds like a software update and can be done from the flash. Any further info from anyone would be appreciated.

Strange, it does say EB. It is a zipped file. I downloaded it to flash to confirm. It must be a software update of some kind. They may have mislabeled the file. The instructions were to insert into the usb of the car etc. etc. then confirm the update. I didn't unzip the file, not sure if you are supposed to unzip before taking it to the car (actually don't have the car yet!!! probably another couple weeks lol) but just trying to get ahead of the game. I ordered the Edge the end of Oct. and will probably get it the end of Jan. You mentioned going to the dealership for update...but the file I got sounds like a software update and can be done from the flash. Any further info from anyone would be appreciated.

Yes, I had the same issue with the file name not matching what the website says. However, as mentioned above, the update went in properly and it is the very latest update according to the Sync team. My system is reporting the BE is the last successful update. It does require the BD upgrade to be installed in advance. But, your new Edge should come with that installed already according to what I have seen from other posts.

Yes, I had the same issue with the file name not matching what the website says. However, as mentioned above, the update went in properly and it is the very latest update according to the Sync team. My system is reporting the BE is the last successful update. It does require the BD upgrade to be installed in advance. But, your new Edge should come with that installed already according to what I have seen from other posts.

The BE was never meant to be installed by customers. They have since removed it from the site.

BD is not required first (if you have the dealer do it). Mine was updated at the dealership directly to BE

The BE was never meant to be installed by customers. They have since removed it from the site.

BD is not required first (if you have the dealer do it). Mine was updated at the dealership directly to BE

Interesting. In my case, the dealer installed BD then when I got home BE was waiting for me on the site as a user installed update.

Although, it was quite small(less than 300KB on the USB stick). It did take about 20 minutes but I still have no idea what it did. Also, I wonder why the dealer did not install it at the time.

Nonetheless, at least I am up to date and everything is working as advertised. Most notably, the simultaneous pairing / Bluetooth device switching and the Mobile Internet(via iPhone Bluetooth).

I am not sure when my Edge was actually built. I had been trying to get the VIN for several weeks. I know (maybe I should say I think) it was built sometime after the recall notice because there is no indication of a recall on this vehicle, so I assume it was built sometime around the middle to latter part of Nov. The BD update is not showing on the sync site. The dealer here has not done any updates so I can foresee some heavy sea's ahead. Thanks for the information and if there is anymore out there I'm all ears.

I am not sure when my Edge was actually built. I had been trying to get the VIN for several weeks. I know (maybe I should say I think) it was built sometime after the recall notice because there is no indication of a recall on this vehicle, so I assume it was built sometime around the middle to latter part of Nov. The BD update is not showing on the sync site. The dealer here has not done any updates so I can foresee some heavy sea's ahead. Thanks for the information and if there is anymore out there I'm all ears.

Keep hounding your dealer for the VIN. They should have it several weeks prior to delivery. Once you have it, you can get all the info on the Sync site about the initial install date of Sync(which should be the actual date the vehicle was built). Nothing will appear there until the actual install is complete. Then, in my case, the Edge arrived at the dealer ten days later.

Also, once you have the VIN you should be able to print the window sticker a couple weeks before production or thereabout. In case you don't have it handy, the site for that is: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=enter VIN here.

Keep hounding your dealer for the VIN. They should have it several weeks prior to delivery. Once you have it, you can get all the info on the Sync site about the initial install date of Sync(which should be the actual date the vehicle was built). Nothing will appear there until the actual install is complete. Then, in my case, the Edge arrived at the dealer ten days later.

Also, once you have the VIN you should be able to print the window sticker a couple weeks before production or thereabout. In case you don't have it handy, the site for that is: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=enter VIN here.

Thanks 11088. Slight misunderstanding (on my part), I did get the VIN yesterday and signed into SyncMyRide. I posted the confirmed installations earlier (but I notice 2 topics running on this same issue) but I when I signed in I didn't notice any date...must go for another look and also into the site you gave me. Much appreciated.

Thanks 11088. Slight misunderstanding (on my part), I did get the VIN yesterday and signed into SyncMyRide. I posted the confirmed installations earlier (but I notice 2 topics running on this same issue) but I when I signed in I didn't notice any date...must go for another look and also into the site you gave me. Much appreciated.

Here is the link to the install history

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/AccountManagement/VehicleMaintenanceHistory.aspx

Thanks, here is what it says & things (I believe) are looking up...Type Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2 BT4T-14D544-BE CI 1/5/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2 BT4T-14D544-BE CI 1/4/2011

Funny, I was told by the dealer just before Christmas that the car was built but I didn't get a VIN til yesterday. A little conflicting with the dates above.

Thanks, here is what it says & things (I believe) are looking up...Type Name Version Description Status Date

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2 BT4T-14D544-BE CI 1/5/2011

BT4T-14D544-BE SYNC GEN 2 BT4T-14D544-BE CI 1/4/2011

Funny, I was told by the dealer just before Christmas that the car was built but I didn't get a VIN til yesterday. A little conflicting with the dates above.

As I have seen in other posts, I am sure that there have been many cases of embarrassed dealers or sales people. In the "old days", a buyer was totally at the mercy of the dealer regarding delivery dates, recall notices, etc, etc. Fortunately, in this age of information, a non-internet friendly dealer will be at a disadvantage and likely will lose customers(and good sales people too). As a matter of fact, the dealer where I bought my Edge does not have internet access for sales people or even a wi-fi for customers waiting for service on vehicle. So 90's!!

Anyway, glad to hear your Edge is built. With the version of Sync installed(it matches mine now), you should be in good shape having avoided the pain and agony experienced to date by so many. You will love this vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if the updates have fixed Sirus Travel Link Services?

Five of the eight listed services are showing "unsubscribed" on my screen (showtimes, weather etc). We have spent many hours with Ford and Sirius trying to fix this (trust me every simple solution has been explored). There are many others with this same problem. We have been told this upgrade will fix the problem.

Did anyone have this problem before the upgrade and now it is fixed?

As I have seen in other posts, I am sure that there have been many cases of embarrassed dealers or sales people. In the "old days", a buyer was totally at the mercy of the dealer regarding delivery dates, recall notices, etc, etc. Fortunately, in this age of information, a non-internet friendly dealer will be at a disadvantage and likely will lose customers(and good sales people too). As a matter of fact, the dealer where I bought my Edge does not have internet access for sales people or even a wi-fi for customers waiting for service on vehicle. So 90's!!

Anyway, glad to hear your Edge is built. With the version of Sync installed(it matches mine now), you should be in good shape having avoided the pain and agony experienced to date by so many. You will love this vehicle.

Thanks to your help and Wilson's. I am still somewhat skeptical though, the reason being those dates showing up coincide with when I downloaded a suggested update to my flash drive i.e. the one I referred to earlier being EB instead of BE. However, I just downloaded the file to look at it & I didn't confirm anything with sync...in fact as I mentioned I don't have the car. Anyway, not complaining just trying to learn. I guess when the car arrives I will find out what is exactly on the vehicle. By the way I couldn't get into the site for the ford site you suggested to look at the ford label...not sure what I was doing wrong. Again thanks for your help/suggestions.

Thanks to your help and Wilson's. I am still somewhat skeptical though, the reason being those dates showing up coincide with when I downloaded a suggested update to my flash drive i.e. the one I referred to earlier being EB instead of BE. However, I just downloaded the file to look at it & I didn't confirm anything with sync...in fact as I mentioned I don't have the car. Anyway, not complaining just trying to learn. I guess when the car arrives I will find out what is exactly on the vehicle. By the way I couldn't get into the site for the ford site you suggested to look at the ford label...not sure what I was doing wrong. Again thanks for your help/suggestions.

Are you using a valid VIN?

Does SyncMyRide account show the info saying the vehicle is a 2011 Edge?

And on the Window Sticker website, you need to replace the word ENTER with your VIN

Example:

...//services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMDK4KCxxxxx

Edited by wilsons66604

Are you using a valid VIN?

Does SyncMyRide account show the info saying the vehicle is a 2011 Edge?

And on the Window Sticker website, you need to replace the word ENTER with your VIN

Example:

...//services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=2FMDK4KCxxxxx

Yep using my correct VIN. Oh well I'll try again later. Thanks

Further: getting a reply like this "Required parameter 'hash' was not provided. This parameter is required and is used to prevent unauthorized scraping. Goes on to say to much data.

I understand. As Wilson mentioned, after the "=" sign, erase everything and replace with your VIN.

It should look like this:

http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=2FMDK4KC0BBA40005

Just curious,

I've been sitting around waiting to hear as much feedback as possible regarding the gen 2 update and now this latest one.

The last time I checked the status of syncmyride.com for my vehicle (last week), it showed the gen 2 update needing to be done also this last one as well. It told me to print out the request and bring it to my dealer which I hadn't done yet as I was waiting to do it while on vacation at the end of this month,

When I went to look it at again just now, it says that I have no updates needing to be installed, that I'm all up to date? The mention of the Gen 2 and new updates are completely gone?

What it shows as confirmed updates are:

instal2.jpg

Then, when I click on the following: Not sure your SYNC is up-to-date? "Check your SYNC history" and "report successful installs" links, I get this image:

Instal.jpg

What happened to my updates?

My service guy at my dealer is NOT friendly at all and he doesn't know his A*** from his elbow so not having my print out is going to make it even harder now to get this update done.

Any suggestions? Do I need to contact Sync? If so, is there a phone number that exists? Who can direct me in the right direction as to how to get my updates?

Anyone in the Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto area get the Gen 2 update done successfully at a dealer with some friendly staff? Can I take my car to any dealer or must I go to where I purchased my car?

Edited by Dreamss

Just curious,

I've been sitting around waiting to hear as much feedback as possible regarding the gen 2 update and now this latest one.

The last time I checked the status of syncmyride.com for my vehicle (last week), it showed the gen 2 update needing to be done also this last one as well. It told me to print out the request and bring it to my dealer which I hadn't done yet as I was waiting to do it while on vacation at the end of this month,

When I went to look it at again just now, it says that I have no updates needing to be installed, that I'm all up to date? The mention of the Gen 2 and new updates are completely gone?

What it shows as confirmed updates are:

instal2.jpg

Then, when I click on the following: Not sure your SYNC is up-to-date? "Check your SYNC history" and "report successful installs" links, I get this image:

Instal.jpg

What happened to my updates?

My service guy at my dealer is NOT friendly at all and he doesn't know his A*** from his elbow so not having my print out is going to make it even harder now to get this update done.

Any suggestions? Do I need to contact Sync? If so, is there a phone number that exists? Who can direct me in the right direction as to how to get my updates?

Anyone in the Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto area get the Gen 2 update done successfully at a dealer with some friendly staff? Can I take my car to any dealer or must I go to where I purchased my car?

My webpage removed the updates also. I was still able to get the update yesterday however.

(I think the interns running the SyncMyRide website were a little hungover)

There is a specific TSB addressing this issue. Your dealer should be able to find it (the only one for a 2011 Edge??)

I haven't had the update done yet, but the service guys at Formula Ford in Pickering seem good and are certainly friendly. I've only been in once for for a regular service, but had some issues with my winter tire swap (not Ford related) and they were very helpful. I also had a good laugh with them as they were trying to program my TPMS as mine was the first push button start they had to figure out the "key cycle" for to get it into programing mode. I spoke with their sync guy who, at that point still didn't have his cable yet, but that was about 3 weeks ago. He told me about some nightmares updating the older sync systems, so it did seem like he knew a bit, but not sure to what extent on the new MFT.

To be honest though, due to some of the issues other people have had, I'd try to stay local so you can easily go back if you need to. If you don't like where you bought the Edge, try the next closest to you. I'd just pop in and ask to talk to their service guy about the sync update. See what vibes you get! I just wish they'd make it available to users. I certainly would feel more comfortable doing it myself.

Edited by AXCL

Can anyone tell me if the updates have fixed Sirus Travel Link Services?

Five of the eight listed services are showing "unsubscribed" on my screen (showtimes, weather etc). We have spent many hours with Ford and Sirius trying to fix this (trust me every simple solution has been explored). There are many others with this same problem. We have been told this upgrade will fix the problem.

Did anyone have this problem before the upgrade and now it is fixed?

I'm curious about this too. I have the same situation.

is the sirius travel link only available with nav installed? I'm not sure i have ever seen that on my system.

Yes, it works with the nav system. For example, you can select "Fuel Prices." The system will show you a list of fuel prices at service stations close to you. You can then select the price you want, touch the corresponding service station name and it will set that station as a destination and navagate you there. Same for movie theater show times and ski conditions.

At least that's what its supposed to do. Mine has never worked. Again, this update is supposed to be the fix. I have an appointment on Tuesday next week to have the upgrade.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd share my experiences so far. I bought my Edge the last week of Dec and had the Gen 2 update applied at the dealer on Friday. I dropped it off in the morning and they called me at about 2pm to say it was taking longer than expected because the tech was having trouble downloading the files and getting things to work. They then called at 5:30 to say it was finished. The tech put in over 7hrs (!!!) to do an update on one vehicle.

So far I haven't really noticed a big difference in the MFT's operation at all. My phone was able to connect via Bluetooth and it worked for about a day. BT audio and phone calls were great.... for a day (although, the phonebook still didn't work). Now it will no longer connect even if I delete it and add the phone again, just like before the update.

Also, the responsiveness of the MFT is about the same as it was before, sluggish. Push a button: sometimes it works right away, sometimes it waits a couple of seconds and then registers, and sometimes it doesn't do anything. Very annoying.

I checked syncmyride.com and it does show that a whole bunch of updates were applied while it was at the dealer, however I cannot get the status checker application to work. It installs to my USB drive and seems to work when I put it in the vehicle and "install" it, but when I try to report the results back to the website it gives me an error and says to try it again, which I have done about 5 times. :banghead:

Being in the IT industry, my personal opinion on this whole implementation from the SLOW and buggy MFT software, to the techs at the dealer either not knowing what to do or having problems with the process, to the crappy syncmyride.com website, to the lack of user feedback/support options, is just disbelief. I know early adopters of technology usually have to deal with some minor headaches, but this whole thing really seems broken from the ground up.

I really hope Microsoft and Ford are working on an update that will actually fix the problems because I will have a very difficult time paying almost $40k for a vehicle that doesn't work as advertised. In fact, that's what lemon laws are for and I'm glad my state has a good one if I need it.

Edited by mrdave