Bull Bar

I added a chrome Bull Bar to the front of my 2010 Edge over the weekend. This is an Aries ARS3502 Bull Bar that I got online for about $200. It came complete with all mounting hardware and installation instruction and took about 1-1/2 hours to install. It was VERY easy to install.

The installation instructions said to remove the lower air dam but I wanted it on still so I left it on and just used a hacksaw to cut two small slits in the plastic where the mounting brackets went through.

post-13724-044812800 1299085866_thumb.jpg

post-13724-049995600 1299085893_thumb.jpg

post-13724-002774800 1299085948_thumb.jpg

I had seen a picture online of one when I was thinking about it and really liked it. I agree, I think it really brings out the chrome grill.

Ford_Fan, if you decide to get one, don't follow the instructions that say to take off the lower air dam. Just cut slits in it so that you can maintain the overall look of your front end.

Also, I drove my front end up on ramps to install it. Made it A LOT easier so I could get underneath easily.

Guerro - I'll try & upload some larger files tomorrow if I can but that is the size the site would let me upload (150 pixels or something like that).

L!TECH - If I had any idea of what you are talking about, I guess I might be offended. But since I don't, I guess I'm not.

L!TECH - If I had any idea of what you are talking about, I guess I might be offended. But since I don't, I guess I'm not.

I think the look of it on this vehicle looks tacky. I am not trying to offend you, it is just my opinion...you gotta take the good with the bad

Really??? IMO = in my opinion...welcome to the internet we've been waiting for you

From Wikipedia:

The three-letter acronym IMO may refer to:

International Mathematical Olympiad

International Maritime Organization

IMO ship identification number, unique identity numbers issued to seacraft (pattern "1234567")

International Meteorological Organization

Icelandic Meteorological Office

International Meteor Organization

Idiopathic Massive Osteolysis, a name for Gorham's disease

Independent Market Operator of Ontario, CanadaIrish Medical Organisation, the main organisation for Doctors in the Republic of Ireland

Intelligent Medical Objects, Inc. The registered trademark holder of IMO

From the Urban Dictionary:

IMO - Abbreviation for "In My Opinion." Use if you want to weaken your argument significantly.

IMO - Stands for "In My Opinion". The term is brutally destroyed over and over again on many message boards.

IMO - Stands for "In My Opinion". The most insecure way to state your opinion. Used by those afraid to get into a big argument with someone who disagrees with them. “Using IMO makes you a pansy of the internet message boards.”

Maybe you ought to think about using a different slang abbreviation, or actually typing it out.

• Like 2

From Wikipedia:

IMO ship identification number, unique identity numbers issued to seacraft (pattern "1234567")

Independent Market Operator of Ontario, CanadaIrish Medical Organisation, the main organisation for Doctors in the Republic of Ireland

IMO - Abbreviation for "In My Opinion." Use if you want to weaken your argument significantly.

IMO - Stands for "In My Opinion". The term is brutally destroyed over and over again on many message boards.

IMO - Stands for "In My Opinion". The most insecure way to state your opinion. Used by those afraid to get into a big argument with someone who disagrees with them. “Using IMO makes you a pansy of the internet message boards.”

Maybe you ought to think about using a different slang abbreviation, or actually typing it out.

Ouch! :chairshot:

Edited by pxb006

From Wikipedia:

IMO - Stands for "In My Opinion". The most insecure way to state your opinion. Used by those afraid to get into a big argument with someone who disagrees with them. "Using IMO makes you a pansy of the internet message boards."

Maybe you should change your screen name from Superman, which by the way is brilliantly original, to Capt Anal as it seems to be a better fit. You obviously have taken offense to my dislike for your modification when it wasn't intended to offend you. You posted the pictures of what you had done on the internet for the whole world to see so one assumes that you are looking for feedback on your efforts yet it seems that you only want to hear the "wow man that looks cool" ones. The world isn't all puppy dogs and kittens and you can't always hit a home run when up to bat so lighten up Francis...

Guerro, here are some larger photos.

LOL I guess there is no happy medium or else I don't know how to shrink those down. I just couldn't figure out what that last photo was and now I see it is the underside where you mounted the bar.

Is the bar functional in any way or purely cosmetic?

• 4 years later...