Replacing the ugly BLUE FORD EMBLEM

Hello fellow Edge buddies, i'm new to this so please bear with me. I found it cheaper to black out the front grill and rear chrome lining by putting flat black vinyl panels for $100 rather than spend $300+ on Ford's custom painted ones, the only issue i have now is that the blue of the Ford Emblem is ruining the whole transformation. Has anyone else had ideas or have executing changiing the emblem to their liking (ie. found a place that sells colored emblems, designed or purchased custom replacement badges that don't need to be the Ford logo?)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I will post up some pictures of the new ride once i've done my modifications.....including:

- Flat Black front grills, rear panel and window moldings (no chrome on this bad boy).

- 24 Inch Black rims with white inserts (Edge is all White metallic and black mods)

- Magnaflow to give it that deep sounding exhaust

- Limo tinted windows.

Again, thanks for the advise in advance.

Try this site: http://www.patriotdecals.com/

They'll make custom ones. I'm thinking white or red.

EDITS:

apparently they are under scrutiny from Ford about using the logo. :(

Found a DIY!!! get crackin!

http://www.fordf150.net/howto/customemblems.php

Also found a guy selling them, but he is on hiatus until June 1:

http://planetauto.homestead.com/chromeemblems.html

Edited by cal3thousand
  • Like 1

Red would look very Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

noted.

Leaning towards whiting the car out or smoking it. White emblems, white carbon fiber vinyl on the lower fascias OR smoked lights, black or carbon grille, black or carbon lower fascia, smoked emblems.

Looks like I got some photochopping to do.

I feel like I am the only one here that likes the chrome grille. Am I out of touch now?

It's not that.

IF I were to go with the dark look, then doing something original with the grille could look really good.

otherwise, If I stay with the white theme, I will leave the grille as chrome. But I do like the chrome grille. It's Ford's most stylish and power grille at the moment.

I feel like I am the only one here that likes the chrome grille. Am I out of touch now?

I like the chrome grill - though seeing some of the body matching one's I am tempted. Just not really big on dealing with mod's and such... I want the car to look good (already does) and function as intended (does) so I am pretty good.

The chrome looks so nice with the light colors. I have always driven black cars/trucks until I bought my Edge and I actually prefer the lighter colors on it. I have the vapor silver. I saw a 2011 in the light silver and loved it. At first I thought it was a sign of getting old but decided it is just a nice look.

I had a mirror custom cut to fit the three bars which I removed from the grille. Ultra smooth, no pitting and you cannot get a better reflection. It looks very clean and bold. I think colored keyed grilles look cheesy unless it is a matte finish which looks much more sophisticated and clean.

I had a mirror custom cut to fit the three bars which I removed from the grille. Ultra smooth, no pitting and you cannot get a better reflection. It looks very clean and bold. I think colored keyed grilles look cheesy unless it is a matte finish which looks much more sophisticated and clean.

Pics?

Maybe I don't understand what you posted, but wouldn't that produce possible blinding reflections to other drivers'???:wacko:

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...

hmmm... I am one of those guys that actually LIKES the Ford blue oval. I painted my front grill Tuxedo Black to match the rest of the car and left the front emblem as is. Its distinctive and stands out against black grill, and I really do like the Ford script in the blue oval. With the blacked out front grill, the chrome 22's, and the Blue Oval, it really is a pretty sharp look. But hey, that's just me - to each his own. :victory:

• Like 2