One to look out for!!!

EdgeDog

Im in the chicago area and was changing the oil on it and something caught my eye...Yes im in a salt city in the winter , and an avid washer, but i noticed the build up of salt just under the front hood lip..still apparent in may...washed it all away and waxed like a dog but notice some bubblin on the underseam...My note to all Edge owners is if u live where u have salt in the winter, its a hot spot for cancer to start...Maybe im the only one but I thought Id give a shout out to fellow Edgers!!! Mom always said wash behind the ears, I say wash under the hood!! Be good or try to be, EdgeDog

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My Michigan driven 08 has 37k and I keep it in a heated garage with a de-humidifer, I really like this vehicle BUT, The under side of the front hood edge above the drivers headlight has a 13" by 3/4" area thats bubbled up very badly and rusty. From past experience I'm guessing 3 years tops it it will be visible with the hood closed. I'm also noticing rust on the same structural area on both front doors, I'm getting a bad bad feeling about this potential rust bucket. I can handle mechanical problems but rust is in a whole different league.

I just switched from a 2010 to a 2011. The 2011 has a ruber weather strip that runs across the entire front lip of the hood and seals it up really tight. I have to assume that Ford knows about this problem on 2010's and earlier Edge's. If ya live in a salt belt, I would definitely shoot some rustproofing spray through the holes under the front section of the hood. Another option would be to look at a 2011 to get an idea of how to install some weather strip yourself.

• 6 months later...

Here comes the rain....!!! i think i did this right in sending pix , but , here comes the cancer i talked about last year...yet it is small bubbling but I feel all that might be in the salt zone should know about it...upper right , when hood is open is one pic, right above the hood arm holder and lower left........its april and was a warm winter and not much salt...I opened her up today and both rubber weather strips were loaded with dried salt...so i did some scrubbin, waxin, etc...

post-7676-0-83768500-1334801503_thumb.jpg

post-7676-0-46947000-1334801517_thumb.jpg

post-7676-0-44263500-1334801528_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

post-7676-0-86168900-1414959850_thumb.jpg Update!!! ok 3 years later and this is what I have as far as the cancer slowly grows...FYI , I put a bra on it, which helped out with the rocks and such as I do tons of highway and only had on knick in 5 years ...dont know if that mattered but I clean it every month and wax it out...

post-7676-0-58391600-1414960292_thumb.jpg