How to Fix Ford Edge Sunroof Problem

• 2 months later...

Those are probably the side baffles assuming that they look like Chinese fans. They are aesthetic and cover the side rails. I described to someone last week how to reinstall these. They just snap in place and slide into the track that is on the glass panel. Its easier to install with the roof open.

Is it necessary to put them back on. Both of mine came off. How do you reinstall them?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the exact same problem on my 2009 Edge. Sunroof stopped working. I took it to the Ford dealer and after tearing it apart, they told me my sunroof motor was dead and needed to be replaced. The quote was $1300.00 to get it fixed. I chose not to fix it. Then I stumbled on this website and saw the reset or initialization process. I tried that, and it worked immediately. 4 months now without a problem. Ford personnel certainly should have known about this........

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I have a 2013 SEL that has the exact problem. When you do initialization, do you have to open roof first? I open it , then pull glass close switch down till glass closes(goes really slow last 12 inches), release then pull down again as shade closes, then keep holding over ten seconds and nothing. Am I doing sequence wrong?

• 8 months later...