Is this an Alarm Bypass Switch/ Det Light or WTF?!

Took my 07 SE with factory alarm to the dealer to have a new battery installed this week. Tonight on the way home from an event my wife asks what is the little red blinking light under the dash? When I got home I took a look. Someone at Ford (I hope) crudely screwed in what looks like a an alarm bypass and deterrent light. The light is always blinking no matter if the car is operating or not. The wires are running up the left side of the dash. That's as far as I have traced tonight. There is nothing on my invoice stating they installed it, but it was not there prior to this week. Does anyone have a clue as to what this is and why it was installed without my approval or notification? Seriously pissed off about that! Service closed till Monday of course.

post-872-0-90526400-1307249402_thumb.jpg

After speaking with Ford, it was determined that this was indeed the alarm valet switch and deterrent light. I voiced my concern that I had never seen it in the 4 years I have owned the car, since new. It had to have been stuffed under the dash or something and once the new battery was in and the alarm started going off, they found it and screwed it to the dash out it the open. I gave the service guy a verbal lashing for not documenting in the invoice, but as usual, they really didn't give a sh!t. As a side note, the battery was original equipment and lasted 4 years, which is pretty good for AZ.

After speaking with Ford, it was determined that this was indeed the alarm valet switch and deterrent light. I voiced my concern that I had never seen it in the 4 years I have owned the car, since new. It had to have been stuffed under the dash or something and once the new battery was in and the alarm started going off, they found it and screwed it to the dash out it the open. I gave the service guy a verbal lashing for not documenting in the invoice, but as usual, they really didn't give a sh!t. As a side note, the battery was original equipment and lasted 4 years, which is pretty good for AZ.

Did you speak with Ford or did you speak with the dealer? Is that a dealer installed item or factory? I don't remember that being a factory option and I don't think we ever concluded where it came from previously.