wheel hub removal for wheel stud replacement?

98dropta

i have 3 of my wheel studs stripped out so im needing to replace them asap

how do i get the wheel hub off in order to do this?

ive already taken brakes, rotor and center nut off but cant seem to get the hub off

do i need a pulley puller?

also where can i find some more studs at?

cant find them at the dealer or autozone

thanks

nathan

I can't say this is the way the Edge is designed, but with my Mazda, when I broke a stud, I was able to remove it without removing the hub. The stud was press-fit into the hub. You can either use a punch and hammer it out, or a c-clamp and press it out. I put the new stud into the hub and threaded a lug over it. I had to buy a lug that is open at the top, not one of the "nice" looking ones that come with the car. I then used an impact driver to tighten the lug and pull the stud into the hub.

Again, I don't know if the Edge is designed the same way, but it might be worth taking a look.

I called a few different auto parts stores until I could find one that had them.

Good luck

also where can i find some more studs at?

cant find them at the dealer or autozone

I called a few different auto parts stores until I could find one that had them.

You guys ever hear of a thing called a "Ford Dealer"? I've heard they actually have Ford parts like wheel studs.

:D

A dealership would work, except I broke my stud on a Sunday and wanted to complete the work that day. No dealerships around me have parts department hours on a Sunday. Also, when you re-read the section of 98drotpa's post that you quoted, you'll see that he tried the dealership and they didn't have any in stock.

Glad you were able to add something of value to the post.

A dealership would work, except I broke my stud on a Sunday and wanted to complete the work that day. No dealerships around me have parts department hours on a Sunday. Also, when you re-read the section of 98drotpa's post that you quoted, you'll see that he tried the dealership and they didn't have any in stock.

Glad you were able to add something of value to the post.

Sorry, I didn't see the part about the dealer not having them and your post didn't mention the dealer being closed. My apologies.

• 7 years later...