Anyone have/had this problem?

2011 Edge Limited, 5,000 for the past several weeks there is a "rubbing" noise coming from the right front tire when taking a right turn. Took it in for 1st oil change and mentioned to service manager. They acknowledged they heard the noise do not know what it is. I have to bring it back for them to take a longer look. Wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with something similar?

2011 Edge Limited, 5,000 for the past several weeks there is a "rubbing" noise coming from the right front tire when taking a right turn. Took it in for 1st oil change and mentioned to service manager. They acknowledged they heard the noise do not know what it is. I have to bring it back for them to take a longer look. Wondering if anyone on the forum has any experience with something similar?

Yep the squeek almost like tire squeel but not quite. Very annoying at times and only happends taking right turns.

Yes, i have this problem on my 2011 edge sport and a couple other people have this same problem, word is that it is the heat shield between the exhaust and engine backing plate was flexing while turning right and caused the sound. The dealer claimed they adjusted it but the sound didn't go away!!!!! Crown Ford sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by specialk4523

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...