2009 Ford Edge wiring diagrams or Brick_2 instructions

I have installed an OEM navigation in my 2009 Edge and it works except for the voice and phone buttons. I've done a lot of research and have the T harness from radios and more, correct new steering wheel button set, gps splitter, etc. etc. and even got my hands on the XP2 harness with Brick_1 instructions.

Apparently the Edge is slightly different and there's a Brick 2 setup of which I've talked to Radios and More but they won't release just the instructions to me because of "liability" reasons? I'm seriously two or three wires away from these features working but need the wiring diagrams from the Ford service manual or a copy of the Brick_2 instructions someone else may have.

I have plenty of instructions from the Ford Superduty sites but they are not the same as the Edges.

Any help is appreciated.

:-) Well not sure how to narrow it down. In order to get the function of the mic and phone feature, I need to see the wiring diagram for the radio w/nav and sync. I've got the Ford superduty version but I know the edge is slightly different...bascially the two wires from the mic to the radio and phone via steering wheel switch. Hope that makes sense.

I found the wiring diagrams on another site. I believe I have it figured out as to which two wires to change but the clock spring is the unknown but now that I have the wiring diagram it should be easier to isolate on the steering column.

It's not the OEM manual diagrams (which I prefer) but these will do.

I looked at the OEM ones. The clockspring is the same on all of 'em. The buttons are different, because they have built in resistors. One circuit controls several buttons. The ACM interprets the resistance to know which button you're pressing. From what I can tell, each option requires a new ACM. It's odd, because the clockspring wires all terminate the same place with all options, except for 2, and they seem to switch per option. You really need to see the OEM diagram to get it.

I figured it out based upon the diagrams I got. Works like a charm. There is SO much bad information out there. Clip the Blue/Orange and White/Violet on the back of the radio (on the factory plug, not the T-harness for those of us upgrading) and clip the corresponding wires at the clock spring....wire directly from the clock spring to the two wires on the factory plug....bingo. Phone and Voice everything works.

Ironically I ordered the complete factory wiring diagrams off ebay for $10.00...be nice to have the factory guide as the wiring diagram doesn't give you plug type, etc. so you have to really trust the color codes.

Just for clarification....the two wires on NON navigation systems with Sync go from the clock spring all the way back to the Sync module....for Navigation w/Sync...you simply wire directly to the back of the radio and of course (as stated in first post) you must have the correct steering wheel button setup. Ford Part # 8e5z 9c888 aa

Edited by Zixxer

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I figured it out based upon the diagrams I got. Works like a charm. There is SO much bad information out there. Clip the Blue/Orange and White/Violet on the back of the radio (on the factory plug, not the T-harness for those of us upgrading) and clip the corresponding wires at the clock spring....wire directly from the clock spring to the two wires on the factory plug....bingo. Phone and Voice everything works.

Ironically I ordered the complete factory wiring diagrams off ebay for $10.00...be nice to have the factory guide as the wiring diagram doesn't give you plug type, etc. so you have to really trust the color codes.

Just for clarification....the two wires on NON navigation systems with Sync go from the clock spring all the way back to the Sync module....for Navigation w/Sync...you simply wire directly to the back of the radio and of course (as stated in first post) you must have the correct steering wheel button setup. Ford Part # 8e5z 9c888 aa

I just upgraded stock 6CD MP3/SYNC radio with ford NAV unit. Everything works fine but steering wheel buttons for the phone doesn't work.

So please tell me where I should splice cables:

- clock spring / to the back of the radio

or

- clock spring / back to the Sync module

• 1 year later...

Gents, Sorry, it's been two years and five vehicles later...I can only tell you that my notes above and the entire thread should get you to success. Somewhere I made a drawing on one of the websites, but I can't remember where. These were the images I used and I marked them up to help...hopefully these without the mark ups will help.

Added the other files I remembered help me see how the wiring works when adding the after market harness. Sorry, this is all I have and honestly it's been too long to remember more then what is already posted. Hope it helps.

post-16558-0-36447100-1391730056_thumb.jpg

post-16558-0-84752600-1391730156_thumb.jpg

WireDiagramNavStereo.pdf

Brick_1 Kit Instructions.pdf

Edited by Zixxer
  • Like 1

Abdt, after I upgraded the old Pioneer that was in the Edge I just got, I ironically found a Sirius receiver in the spare tire well while installing the new camera. That explains the antenna above the stop light. I used that wire for the camera's video wires. Anyway, regarding the damn SWI2 wire, I saw the blu/or wire at the radio, but the Idatalink info suggested it was in the center console. Maybe cuz I thought it didn't have factory nav. I got it used. Yup! besides being in the radio connector, that wire color is in two different harnesses, the one feeding the transmission selector is NOT the one you want to pick and cut! It's the one that's connected to the SYNC module that's next to the transmission selector, you have to carefully slice away the tape that's wrapped around the 50 or so wires and it'll be right on top! You'll want to connect the radio lead to the one coming from the sync module as opposed to the one that appears to be going to the rear of the vehicle. That's after you cut it away from your harness, of course. Once I did that, the sync started working with the steering wheel buttons.

Edited by b1gbleu
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...
On 8/28/2011 at 11:03 AM, Zixxer said:

I found the wiring diagrams on another site. I believe I have it figured out as to which two wires to change but the clock spring is the unknown but now that I have the wiring diagram it should be easier to isolate on the steering column.

It's not the OEM manual diagrams (which I prefer) but these will do.

What site did you find the diagrams on if I can ask?  I am looking for the same info for my 2013 Edge.

Thanks