Questions before I buy the Edge

elliemaej

We test drove an Edge yesterday and we are going to have our dealer locate one for us.

They only have 3 on their lot. I looked through this forum to see if anyone has had issues with the BAMR.

My husband feels that a openning that size will cause body flex and add to cabin noise (when closed).

I would love to hear opinions from this group before I make my decision.

Also, since I am using X-plan and leasing, what if any negotiating room do I have. We asked for a quote on one of the cars on the lot to get a ballpark figure before I start having them find one that I want.

Of course, all I got was the montly charge. MSRP 33,000, 36 months, 12k miles = 450 (or 475 for 15k). Does this sound reasonable. I keep seeing ads for and SEL Edge for 249. I'm sure that is a base model and before taxes but this is a big difference. Its been years since I leased from Ford, the saleman told me property taxes are included in the payment. Is that true? Chrysler billed me for my Pacifica.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

Ellen

We test drove an Edge yesterday and we are going to have our dealer locate one for us.

They only have 3 on their lot. I looked through this forum to see if anyone has had issues with the BAMR.

My husband feels that a openning that size will cause body flex and add to cabin noise (when closed).

Also, since I am using X-plan and leasing, what if any negotiating room do I have. We asked for a quote on one of the cars on the lot to get a ballpark figure before I start having them find one that I want.

Of course, all I got was the montly charge. MSRP 33,000, 36 months, 12k miles = 450 (or 475 for 15k). Does this sound reasonable. I keep seeing ads for and SEL Edge for 249. I'm sure that is a base model and before taxes but this is a big difference. Its been years since I leased from Ford, the saleman told me property taxes are included in the payment. Is that true? Chrysler billed me for my Pacifica.

Ellen

I can respond as to the BAMR. Noise is absolutely not an issue; opened and closed.

Body flex - Not a clue. What I have noticed is I have noticed zero difference. I drove a non-BAMR for two days

waiting for mine to come in and couldn't tell any difference after.

I purchased my Edge with the Z plan so I can't comment about the lease.

I will say this though - don't hesitate in getting an Edge. You will love it!

We had an issue with our BAMR at first, but the dealer fixed it under warranty. It would make a noise when closing and sometimes not close all the way the first time (it would get to about an inch of closing and then back up like it thought something was stuck in it.. like an arm/hand). They adjusted the track on the passenger side and all is well now.

As for noise, it's actually nice and quiet inside ours. I too drove an Edge without the BAMR while ours was getting the BAMR adjusted, and it drove the same and was just as quite.

Can't help on the lease.. we put far to many miles on vehicles to do a lease.

Bryce

I have had my edge since apr.....and this is an amazing vehicle from ford. The BAMR is church quiet when closed ..no wind noise, no leaks. And i have no buffeting at highwway speeds. My only complaints. Slight windshield glare from the dash board...(i am used to it now) and the ac could use a "bump" up in power to chill the cabin quicker. I have learned to close the "shades" of the BAMR and it seems to help chill the edge quicker. You will not be dissappointed in this "cuv". OH...gas mileage for me has been in the 17-19mpg in the city. I bought my edge (no lease) and paid $32,900 loaded. U can see my edge on my member gallery..saleens7.

Ellen

I leased my MKX using X-plan for 3 years 12K. There should be no negotiation. You should have your pin number for the x-plan. The dealer should show you the invoice which has the x-plan on it. It is normally, depending on the MSRP, $100-$200 under invoice. There is an aquisition fee of $595 which is not negotiable. The should be some lease cash available hopefully and you need to find out what the lease money factor is for July. It you are dealing with a reputable dealer and ask them they should tell you what the base interest rate is. They will try to mark this interest rate up on you if they can so it is best to know it going in. Edmund's blog on leasing is a good source. I know in May when I was looking at the Edge the interest rate was 0.5% and $750 lease cash.

Hope this helps!

My Edge is probably the most enjoyable vehicle I have ever owned and is definitely the most luxurious. Mine is loaded with everything but the DVD rear entertainment system. I paid cash for mine, so I can't help with the lease, but it was $36k out the door.

The bamr is fantastic, and when closed is perfectly quiet. The only thing that might annoy some people is the sound it makes during a heavy rain. It makes sort of a metallic tapping sound. Interestingly the metallic bit goes away when you open the shade and its just rain. It's apparently some sort of echo in the space created by the shade. I don't mind it, but some may.

maybe your husband is trying to save some $$$ trying to think of reasons not to go with the BAMR ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone, they are appreciated.

I'm glad to hear that the BAMR is quiet. It is a real nice feature. My husband hears noises that I never hear...and of course my response always is to just turn up the stereo...LOL! Seriously, he doesnt care what I get. I'm the one who will drive it 98% of the time and since we are looking at a short term lease, if we hate it (which I doubt we will), it wont be ours for long.

Thanks for the info regarding Edmonds. I have used there site before but never noticed that area. I got some great information there today. Based on some of the posts there, my numbers dont sound so good.