What made you choose your Edge?

2010 EDGE LTD. FWD WHITE PLATINUM METALLIC

Some of the reasons we purchased an Edge?

1. Styling-love the look

2. Space-lots of room for cargo, and a great cargo package

3. Power on demand-but extremely quiet, esp. highway cruising

4. Comfort, whether as driver or passenger

5. Sync

6. Conveniences like power tailgate, rear seat release, partially reclining rear seat, sunroof

7. Ease of entry/exit, esp. for my wife as she has some mobility problems

8. Excellent dealership reputation

9. 0% financing for 60 months

7. $1000 discount because of Costco membership.

8. Ford 'Recylce Your Ride' program, which gave us more money for our used car than we could ever have sold it for.

9. Test drove the Toyota Venza-Edge came out ahead for us.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone..

We, Edge enthusiasts, know why we bought and like our vehicle...

So I thought, in response to all the reviews and critics, we could state why we bought our Edge and what makes the Edge stand apart from its competitors.

It appears that actual owners are far more enthusiastic about the Edge than the car critics - here is your chance to state why you love your Edge and what made you choose it over its rivals.

We all know the Edge aint perfect - so tell us why you love the Edge.

Thanks all.. looking forward to reading all the replies...

PS - If you are a car critic reading this - take special note of the replies!!!

• 1 month later...

I bought a low miles 2009 Edge SEL this week after 3 months of research and test driving.

I wanted a roomy crossover, and originally I wanted to get a Chevy Equinox or a GMC Terrain.

First issue - those GM vehicles are underpowered in 4 cylinder form. I waited months and none of my dealers got a 6-cylinder in because the demand was high for the 4.

On closer look, I wasn't sure I liked the front end styling of the Equinox, or the fake bulges of the side of the Terrain. They were also pretty narrow for a mid-sized crossover.

I didn't like the nose of the Murano, and I was really horrified at the interior build quality of the Toyota Venza. Had the Venza been nicer inside, I might have bought one of those although the steering was very loose.

Currently (July 2010), none of the GM dealers were dealing on the Equinox or Terrain. In fact, they added "market adjustment" padding to their prices, so a 4-cylinder mid-level car was listing for $26k but they were asking $29k. On paper, a 6 cylinder would be $30, but realistically $33k.

Venzas - they were willing to deal, but the interior quality and the still unresolved issue of Toyota electric steering bothered me. Corporately, I had issues with how they were handling their recalls.

Edge - scored very well in JDPowers for reliability, but it was a price class above the Equinox/Terrain, so didn't really consider it.

So what got me to buy my car... 2011 Ford Edge! As we get closer to the release date of that vehicle, all the current Edge's on the Ford lots were being heavily discounted.

My 2009 SEL was $32k new. They asked $26k 3 months ago. They dropped to $23k this month. And I made my deal this week for $20k - add leather.

So I got my 6-cylinder crossover with modern styling, the BAMR that just amazes me at night, love the reclining back seat, for a lot less than the GM offerings which seemed a little narrow as well.

• 5 weeks later...

In 2008 I bought a Saturn Sky Redline - VERY cool car! But, while I didn't regret that decision, my husband did. We live in an area with ALOT of pickups & SUVs and he worried about my safety pretty much all of the time so after 2 years he finally talked me into going bigger & safer. On 7/16 I took the plunge and bought a 2010 Edge - Platinum Metallic, THE ROOF, leather, heated seats, chrome wheels; pretty much everything except Nav which I don't need...I can read a map...or pull it up on my iPhone...LOL. While I've not had it for long, I LOVE it! First, it's beautiful, LOTS of personality, ride is great, it's nimble, peppy, comfortable, great sound system and air conditioner...I could go on & on about it. Anyone who has driven/owned this vehicle & does not love it either needs their head examined or is under the false impression that there is some 'perfect ride' out there. A couple of vehicles ago I had a very low mileage Benz CLK430 and had all kinds of problems with it...apparently the Germans need to get their electrical components in America. Anyway, the Edge is top of the heap in crossovers!! :rockon:

In December of 2008, I was looking for a vehicle to replace my 1998 Ford Ranger Super Cab (manual trans - 4 cyl) with over 100,000 miles that I had bought new. I loved the Ranger - it was very reliable. I had no problems with it. A great truck!

1. Looked for another Ranger, but the selection was poor at dealerships in my area.

2. Looked at the F-150, and liked the 4 door model.

3. Salesperson showed me the Edge, and I really liked it. Took it for a test drive, and was very happy with it.

4. Choose the Edge over the F-150 (same price basically) because the storage in the Edge was inside whereas storage in the F-150 was not.

Since December 2008, I've put over 55,000 miles on my Edge. At the beginning of July 2010, I replaced the original tires with the same - Hankook DynaPro. I got 51, 000 out of the first set. I expect the same from this second set. I think they ride great.

In July 2009, we drove 4,500 miles from Texas to California and back. In July 2010, we drive 3,500 miles from Texas to Washington DC and back. This vehicle is very comfortable on the road!

A very happy Edge owner in Texas.

I had a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon that I bought for my wife. We hated driving it.. It looked good with 4.5" lift and 37" tires. But it was time for a change. Anyways, we went to Destin, FL for vacation and rented a beach house with our best friends from TX (we are in NC). She has an 08 Edge SEL. We rode around in that for a week and fell in love. We returned on a Sunday morning and bought our 2010 limited on wednesday. No regrets at all. Plus with the dealerships trying to get rid of the 10's to make room for the 11's, they were ready to deal. Paid 7k under MSRP. Minus equity in trade, only financed 25k. I am very happy with the fully loaded Edge. Just ordered the sync lockpick to unlock the Nav while driving and I also purchased a back up camera emblem.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I just bought my 2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD a week ago. I know it's not new, but its new to me, and the previous owner took immaculate care of the car. no dings, scratches or anything inside & out!

I drove an F-150 SuperCrew XLT previously, and this truck was the automotive love of my life! I swore I'd never get rid of that truck, I loved it so much! Well, My wife & I are expecting now, so I figured it was time to be more practical. The only two cars that I've seen that I could possibly trade my truck in on were the Edge SEL or the Dodge Challenger RT. Comparing the two together, the Ford Edge won!

LIke I mentioned, I've been driving it one week and I must say it's the nicest automobile I've ever driven in my life! Power/Acceleration combined with all of the creature comforts I could want, have made my confidence level rise in my decision! My wife says the car is too "high brow" for us, but she loves it nonetheless. I feel safer with her driving the Ford Edge, being pregnant, than I would her driving any other car.

My opinion of the Edge is that it is an excellent balance of power & style, that spoils the driver who drives it.

Thanks for reading my post!

Hi Everyone!

I just bought my 2007 Ford Edge SEL AWD a week ago. I know it's not new, but its new to me, and the previous owner took immaculate care of the car. no dings, scratches or anything inside & out!

I drove an F-150 SuperCrew XLT previously, and this truck was the automotive love of my life! I swore I'd never get rid of that truck, I loved it so much! Well, My wife & I are expecting now, so I figured it was time to be more practical. The only two cars that I've seen that I could possibly trade my truck in on were the Edge SEL or the Dodge Challenger RT. Comparing the two together, the Ford Edge won!

LIke I mentioned, I've been driving it one week and I must say it's the nicest automobile I've ever driven in my life! Power/Acceleration combined with all of the creature comforts I could want, have made my confidence level rise in my decision! My wife says the car is too "high brow" for us, but she loves it nonetheless. I feel safer with her driving the Ford Edge, being pregnant, than I would her driving any other car.

My opinion of the Edge is that it is an excellent balance of power & style, that spoils the driver who drives it.

Thanks for reading my post!

Thank you for sharing and CONGRATS on the baby coming along

Edited by tpm419419

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a 2008 MKX a couple of weeks ago. I came very close to buying a 2010, but found the used one in great shape and saved a few bucks.

We drove every crossover on the market, and liked the MKX a LOT more than any of the others. We considered the Edge too, but liked the interior of the MKX more...since that's where you spend most of your time with a car, that was important too. The things we really liked about thsi car are:

1. the big-ass moonroof. This car replaced a convertible, so we wanted something that had an open feel.

2. Comfortable ride. We like to take road trips, and it's important to have a comfortable car.

3. Memory seats. A marriage-saver. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'3" and there's a lot of adjusting that happens when we switch off. Now she can just fix the center mirror and be happy.

4. Sync/THX audio/Nav. I like gadgets, and Ilike them to work well. And I love the sound of the stereo. Big bonus: plugging 100GB of music into the car and never needing to mess with an iPod or CDs ever again.

5. Cooled seats! I never thought I needed them. I thought wrong.

6. Practical interior. I like the power lift gate, the folding seats, adult leg room in the back seat, and smart storage. I don't want 3 rows of seats, and that cut a lot of cars from my list.

7. Great looks. We got an ice blue MKX with 20" (pseudo)chrome wheels, and it's just a beautiful car. I've gotten lots of compliments already. The interior design is nice too...classy without being too ostentatious.

in the end, nothing could touch it. I spent a week in the new Cadillac SRX (long story) and although it looks good it just isn't a liveable car for every-day use...besides, I won't give any of my money to GM (another long story) so there wasn't anything there to consider. The Lexus was ugly, boring, and expensive. I liked the Audi Q5, but didn't want to pay for one. Ditto the Volvo, BMW, Benz, etc. The Murano was a close contender, but wasn't as spacious inside. I wanted an Infiniti FX50, but the wife wanted the panoramic roof so that got crossed off. There were a few others (Acura, VW, etc) but nothing that made a lasting impression.

So nice job, Ford. I'm happy with my new purchase.

I just bought a 2008 MKX a couple of weeks ago. I came very close to buying a 2010, but found the used one in great shape and saved a few bucks.

We drove every crossover on the market, and liked the MKX a LOT more than any of the others. We considered the Edge too, but liked the interior of the MKX more...since that's where you spend most of your time with a car, that was important too. The things we really liked about thsi car are:

1. the big-ass moonroof. This car replaced a convertible, so we wanted something that had an open feel.

2. Comfortable ride. We like to take road trips, and it's important to have a comfortable car.

3. Memory seats. A marriage-saver. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'3" and there's a lot of adjusting that happens when we switch off. Now she can just fix the center mirror and be happy.

4. Sync/THX audio/Nav. I like gadgets, and Ilike them to work well. And I love the sound of the stereo. Big bonus: plugging 100GB of music into the car and never needing to mess with an iPod or CDs ever again.

5. Cooled seats! I never thought I needed them. I thought wrong.

6. Practical interior. I like the power lift gate, the folding seats, adult leg room in the back seat, and smart storage. I don't want 3 rows of seats, and that cut a lot of cars from my list.

7. Great looks. We got an ice blue MKX with 20" (pseudo)chrome wheels, and it's just a beautiful car. I've gotten lots of compliments already. The interior design is nice too...classy without being too ostentatious.

in the end, nothing could touch it. I spent a week in the new Cadillac SRX (long story) and although it looks good it just isn't a liveable car for every-day use...besides, I won't give any of my money to GM (another long story) so there wasn't anything there to consider. The Lexus was ugly, boring, and expensive. I liked the Audi Q5, but didn't want to pay for one. Ditto the Volvo, BMW, Benz, etc. The Murano was a close contender, but wasn't as spacious inside. I wanted an Infiniti FX50, but the wife wanted the panoramic roof so that got crossed off. There were a few others (Acura, VW, etc) but nothing that made a lasting impression.

So nice job, Ford. I'm happy with my new purchase.

Nice write up :) Glad you are happy with it

• 1 month later...

I have an 11 MKX on order. Mine is one of those "conquest" sales Lincoln is hoping to get. I come out of an 04 FX35. It has been an amazing vehicle and I will miss it, no question. But, I wanted a change and another FX just didn't seem to fit the bill. The SRX is underpowered and did not have the tech gadgets that I love. Here's the list of features that the MKX had that filled the bill for me:

1) Powerful engine (305 hp)

2) 6 speed or greater trans

3) AWD

4) Heated and Cooled seats

5) Heated wheel

6) Rear DVD system

7) Nav system

8) Killer stereo

9) HID lights

10) 20" or greater chrome wheels

My FX had the tech pkg with LASER guided cruise, keyless ignition, rear DVD, backup camera, and Nav system. The new one had to have these and more. The MKX I've ordered has the Nav, Blind spot system (not annoying like Infiniti's is), RADAR cruise and chrome 20" wheels. There is not one thing that it does not have. I did not need a trailer tow pkg, so that wasn't ordered. If it's anywhere near as trouble-free as my FX has been, Ford has a winner here.

Edited by richy

We're picking up our Red Candy Metallic 2011 Edge SEL this week. To say I'm surprised I'm buying a Ford is an understatement.

This is my first new car purchase. Back when I was a kid in the early 90s, my family had a series of Fords and they were TERRIBLE. We had an '86 Taurus that leaked everything it could possibly leak, an '88 Sable wagon whose transmission crapped out on the way home from a Florida vacation in the middle of nowhere and then died again the NEXT year in the same place (in the middle of the night...awesome), and a '92 Lincoln Continental that had 4 transmissions in 2 years. My uncle's family also had a number of Fords that experienced similar issues around the same time. We swore off Fords for good...I even bought everyone "Friends don't let friends drive Fords" license plates one year for Christmas. No one in my extended family has owned a Ford product in nearly 2 decades.

Fast forward to today...I couldn't believe I was seriously considering it but when I first saw the preview articles on the 2011 Edge I was really impressed. The new Sync systems were one of the first things that hooked me, since I'm a gadget hound. I also have 2 close friends now working at Ford, and that combined with the fact that they didn't take any government bailout money put the Edge on our shortlist.

Based on size, features, styling, and price, we narrowed our list down to the Toyota Venza, 2011 Kia Sorento, and 2011 Edge. When we went to drive them, we quickly crossed the Venza off because of the terrible driving feel and weird interior layout. The Kia was tempting, as it was a lot of vehicle for the money -- fully loaded it was less than our middle-line Edge SEL while also being a bit larger -- but the ride was not nearly as refined and the whole interior felt on the cheap side. However, an impressive effort from Kia considering where they used to be.

When we drove the 2011 Edge my wife said she knew immediately that was what she wanted. We had to bargain hard on it though, but fortunately we got a fantastic deal.

My family can't believe it, but we're looking forward to our new Ford!

We're picking up our Red Candy Metallic 2011 Edge SEL this week. To say I'm surprised I'm buying a Ford is an understatement.

This is my first new car purchase. Back when I was a kid in the early 90s, my family had a series of Fords and they were TERRIBLE. We had an '86 Taurus that leaked everything it could possibly leak, an '88 Sable wagon whose transmission crapped out on the way home from a Florida vacation in the middle of nowhere and then died again the NEXT year in the same place (in the middle of the night...awesome), and a '92 Lincoln Continental that had 4 transmissions in 2 years. My uncle's family also had a number of Fords that experienced similar issues around the same time. We swore off Fords for good...I even bought everyone "Friends don't let friends drive Fords" license plates one year for Christmas. No one in my extended family has owned a Ford product in nearly 2 decades.

Fast forward to today...I couldn't believe I was seriously considering it but when I first saw the preview articles on the 2011 Edge I was really impressed. The new Sync systems were one of the first things that hooked me, since I'm a gadget hound. I also have 2 close friends now working at Ford, and that combined with the fact that they didn't take any government bailout money put the Edge on our shortlist.

Based on size, features, styling, and price, we narrowed our list down to the Toyota Venza, 2011 Kia Sorento, and 2011 Edge. When we went to drive them, we quickly crossed the Venza off because of the terrible driving feel and weird interior layout. The Kia was tempting, as it was a lot of vehicle for the money -- fully loaded it was less than our middle-line Edge SEL while also being a bit larger -- but the ride was not nearly as refined and the whole interior felt on the cheap side. However, an impressive effort from Kia considering where they used to be.

When we drove the 2011 Edge my wife said she knew immediately that was what she wanted. We had to bargain hard on it though, but fortunately we got a fantastic deal.

My family can't believe it, but we're looking forward to our new Ford!

See?? Being open minded got you into a great vehicle. Companies do change for the better. Ford has worked hard and it shows.

Kona Sport on order..should be here in about 1-2 weeks. Entry,Vision, Nav & Vista

1- Want a sportscar..but can't have it . (Work on the road, kids, ..and i need space for stuff, and winter here Brrrrr! so AWD)

I think this is kinda sporty..a few horses, wheels, dual pipes (I forget the sound, but should sound nice), ..and paddle shifters, suspension ...

Minivan Mustang as I see (want) it.... :shades:

2- Comfort..I felt at home when I test drove one...

3- Interior fit and finish

4- Audio system (have not listened yet..is it decent?) But hoping its good..Would prefer a McIntosh like at home and in the GT...(Would preffer a GT ..!)

5- The Vista..should be cool, have not seen it yet in person (did not care on the test drive..so did not look at it)

5- The wheels..boy are they nice those 22s..really beautiful imo.

6- The BT phone stuff, USB ports, and Navigation ( If it works) I am not going to start pulling fuses all the time and resetting stuff. I hope it works...

What I was (am) not sure of:

All the Sync /Microsoft/ Touch /Talk stuff..I live with screens and computers all the time around me..Ghezz(plus..I use Apple products).

Just to really show what I mean, when I saw the ads for the car (TV,Youtube, etc) I thought that the speedo was digital..you know, when you turn it on, the needle goes 0 to top speed It looks digital. I said to myself ..never..Analog speedo for me all the way or nothing. But I saw one in the showroom and realised it was analog! Read deal saver...

The colors for the lighting.. is this a car or a club ?? For sure I will pick a descrete one.. Is white lighting with a dimmer an option ? no....I think no....we will see.

Having to pull fuses and resetting that Microsoft system...will not happen..if it does not work, I will let it gather dust. But again..I hope it works !

Sony sound system (show me you can impress me..even just a bit...)

Cheers everyone...

Edited by Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Push button

Say destination fast food select from list

Enough said

Ok I admit I have never even considered buying a Ford in the past (I am 52). But because Ford stood on its own two feet while the other car companies were taking tax payers money, I thought that should be rewarded, and took a look. Having driven my Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd for 8 years and 130,000 miles and loving every minute I was sure I would be buying its replacement from Jeep.

I actually went to the dealer to test drive an Escape and was not all that impressed with the car but the whole touch screen Navigation and Microsoft sync was intriguing. The salesman suggested I test drive an Edge and the rest is history. I have had the car for 70 days now and have not had second thoughts about my purchase; this could easily become the best car I ever bought.

Additional items I had added:

Roof rack including the cross bars

Front mud flaps

Backup camera (this actually took 6 different trips to the dealer to get it working correctly)

Tow package (class b hitch) I pull a small trailer.

Cargo area liner

Items that I had on my jeep and wish I could have.

Memory Seats

Home Link (garage/gate opener)

Automatic windshield wipers

Top three things I like:

The ride and feel of the car

Microsoft sync and Touch screen Navigation with real-time traffic

Power lift gate and push button to lower the back seats

Top three disappointments:

Gas Mileage (I got 15 MPG from my V-8 Jeep, and only get 16 in my V-6 Edge)

No Memory seats

No home link

Edited by Wizard

• 8 months later...

howdy edge owners!

i bought my 2011 edge sport over memorial day weekend. i had been eyeballing the edge and the venza for possible purchase next year, but due to an unfortunate accident over mother's day weekend (not my fault...the lady cut me off...aaaaargh!!!), i was all of a sudden in the market. my previous car was a 1999 nissan altima SE, fire engine red, only 106k miles, immaculate condition... (i miss my car... :cry:) i should also mention all three of my vehicles have been nissans, and i'd never been a huge fan of american cars. but...something about that 2011 edge caught my eye.

so...a couple of weekends after the accident, my wonderful boyfriend suggested we go test drive some cars. as i mentioned, i had already been eyeballing the two cars, so i researched them a little more after the accident. when i saw the edge sport online, i was pretty sure i'd found my next car. we went to the ford dealership first, and i drove the edge limited...and FELL IN LOVE!!! i loved how it handled and i was very comfy in the driver's seat. i was mostly impressed with all the bells and whistles...and the vista panoramic roof is OFF THA CHAIN!! next we went to drive the venza...and i swear it was like driving a lexus and then driving a pinto!! the venza had NOTHING on the edge...and they were the same price!! no bells and whistles...and it just didn't handle the same. i then called several dealerships in virginia (and one in NC) to help me track down the edge sport in red candy (had to have those 22" black and alloy wheels!) i finally found it in hampton and became a new ford owner memorial day weekend!

i absolutely LOVE MY NEW EDGE!! it is sooooo sharp, and i consistently get compliments and inquiries everywhere i go (especially at the costco gas station...happens every time i gas up!) i even get double-takes from other edge drivers...those 22" wheels, black grill, and the red paint are truly eye-catching! "they" say everything happens for a reason...and although i wasn't planning on (ever) letting my other car go, there's a reason why i lost it and i have this edge now. B)

post-17241-0-46322900-1310407005_thumb.jpg

post-17241-0-07358000-1310407896_thumb.jpg

post-17241-0-19325100-1310407909_thumb.jpg

Edited by Afritalian

howdy edge owners!

i bought my 2011 edge sport over memorial day weekend. i had been eyeballing the edge and the venza for possible purchase next year, but due to an unfortunate accident over mother's day weekend (not my fault...the lady cut me off...aaaaargh!!!), i was all of a sudden in the market. my previous car was a 1999 nissan altima SE, fire engine red, only 106k miles, immaculate condition... (i miss my car... :cry:) i should also mention all three of my vehicles have been nissans, and i'd never been a huge fan of american cars. but...something about that 2011 edge caught my eye.

so...a couple of weekends after the accident, my wonderful boyfriend suggested we go test drive some cars. as i mentioned, i had already been eyeballing the two cars, so i researched them a little more after the accident. when i saw the edge sport online, i was pretty sure i'd found my next car. we went to the ford dealership first, and i drove the edge limited...and FELL IN LOVE!!! i loved how it handled and i was very comfy in the driver's seat. i was mostly impressed with all the bells and whistles...and the vista panoramic roof is OFF THA CHAIN!! next we went to drive the venza...and i swear it was like driving a lexus and then driving a pinto!! the venza had NOTHING on the edge...and they were the same price!! no bells and whistles...and it just didn't handle the same. i then called several dealerships in virginia (and one in NC) to help me track down the edge sport in red candy (had to have those 22" black and alloy wheels!) i finally found it in hampton and became a new ford owner memorial day weekend!

i absolutely LOVE MY NEW EDGE!! it is sooooo sharp, and i consistently get compliments and inquiries everywhere i go (especially at the costco gas station...happens every time i gas up!) i even get double-takes from other edge drivers...those 22" wheels, black grill, and the red paint are truly eye-catching! "they" say everything happens for a reason...and although i wasn't planning on (ever) letting my other car go, there's a reason why i lost it and i have this edge now. B)

Well, there's NO WAY a Caravan is going to do to an Edge what it did to your Altima. hysterical.gif

Congrats!

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The '01 Expedition was on borrowed time at 225K+ miles. I really loved the ride and having all the room when I needed it, but found that to be less and less of a real need. I also began to really loath the amount of fuel that I was burning through - just to basically commute back and forth to work. I researched new vehicles for no less than 3 years before pulling the trigger on '12 Edge Limited. It actually was not on my radar screen until just recently. I concluded that the 2.0 ecoboost was the way to go. It is not well mated in the Explorer and waiting on the '13 Fusion was not doable and nearly as practical as going with a CUV. So it honestly came down to a Toyota Sienna and VW Passat tdi. As I really didn't need all the room of the Sienna, it was out. As I needed a bit more room than the Passat, it was the Edge. Am glad I got one with most all of the options as I have come to expect those things that are in my wife's SRX.

The only item I wish I could change on the vehicle is amount and level of variability in the steering wheel adjustment. It needs to go lower and have a revised angle. Absent that, everything is great at this point (1500 miles).

I wanted something more roomier than my convert Stang, I could haul stuff in, could do mods too & that I could give to my daughter when she starts driving in 2years..since the Edge is basically the Fusion w AWD, more headroom & a liftgate I traded the Stang in for it. Only got 2 more mods todo; upgrading the door speakers & installing a bodykit then it will be good to go.

• 1 year later...

I've always liked the Edge. Always.

I went into my car buying experience not thinking I could afford one because they're priced above the compact SUV's, but not by much.

I test drove them all, Tuscon, Encore, Sportage, RAV4, Rogue, Cherokee, CRV, CX5, Escape...I liked the Cherokee the best out of the bunch, with the Escape coming in a close second...but there were positives to all of the SUV's I drove and would have been happy walking away with any of them except for the Encore. However, the Ford dealer I went to had a good deal on a 2013 Edge I couldn't pass up. I loved the space, the smooth quiet ride, the powerful V6...I wish I had been able to snag a deal on a '13 with AWD and the moonroof but I am happy. Looking forward to getting some accessories on it, like a roof rack and some nerf bars.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd had my '04 Saturn Vue for nearly 10 years, and was ready for something new. Knew I wanted to stick with a crossover, as I liked the versatility. The Saturn was great... right size, great visibility, comfortable, and the Honda V6 under the hood was smooth as silk with great power & mileage. But... the interior was very cheap & plasticky... and the road/wind noise was terrible. I wanted something nicer... and quieter. I considered the '13 Acura RDX, but that was about it. I had my heart set on an Edge. So... I picked up a '13 Edge Limited in Ruby Red with the charcoal leather interior... loaded with pkg 302a & the 20" wheels... exactly what I wanted... and I haven't been disappointed. The visibility could be better, but that's the price you pay for style. Am diggin all the toys to play with so far. The Sony audio system is pretty decent for a factory setup, and I like the fact that it recognizes my Zune HD... cover art goes right to the screen & Sync allows me to search for artists/songs at will. My phone (Droid MAXX) always pairs-up immediately... nice to read incoming texts whilst in motion. I guess my one gripe would be with Sirius. I NEVER had as much signal dropout with XM as I now do with Sirius... but overall, am very satisfied.