Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What made you choose your Edge?

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   edgeophile

edgeophile

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

Previous car: 2000 Taurus Wagon with 186,000 km on it.
I'm over 6 foot, as is my teenage son. My wife and daughter aren't shorties either.
Wanted a vehicle that gave good value for the money, was roomy and comfortable on the highway (I commute over 100km/day to work), and was roomy enough for my large kids to be comfortable in the back.
Looked at the RAV4, the Mazda CX-7, the Subaru Outback, the Honda CRV.
Liked the RAV4 and its reliability record, well equipped at the price. But it lacked personality.
My daughter fell in love with the CX-7, but I wasn't taken by the comfort, or the fact that its 4cyl. needed premium fuel.
Love the Subaru, but servicing could be an issue as dealers are few and far between.
Hated the CRV (personal taste); ugly interior, uncomfortable, poorly equipped at the price.
Didn't care much for the Edge's styling when I first saw it, but it slowly grew on me.
Sat in it in the dealer: loved the interior, the comfort of the seats and the roomy back seat.
Test drove it: smooth, responsive, quiet, comfortable - perfect for the commute and trips with the family.

It isn't perfect, though I don't have any major issues with it: I don't mind the headrests or the glare.
Overall I'm very satisfied with my SEL AWD (Light Sage, roof rails, charcoal interior).
And part of me likes the idea it's built right here in Canada.

Open your minds, critics. The Japanese build a great product, but they're not to everyone's taste.
Buying a car is a very personal choice, and taste is a big issue.
There clearly is a market for a vehicle like this, and I for one am very happy I bought it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   insman

insman

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:17 AM

I'm a long-time Ford SUV buyer. I've owned 1992, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, and 2003 Explorers. Living in snow country and living at the top of a hill, 4WD was important and I just stuck with what was working. By 2005, gas had reached $3.00 and I began looking for an alternative to my Explorer V-8 which was getting less than 12 mpg. Since Ilease my vehicles, it was time to get another one and I chose the Freestyle AWD. It proved to be a good alternative to a standard SUV, but the mileage was not so much better--about 15-20 mpg, and the CVT transmission and low HP engine drove me nuts. I made a vow not to get another Freestyle. It was long, noisy (mainly because of the engine and the transmission) and seemed like a thrown together car. As my lease was coming to an end in May, i considered other vehicles. i drove the Murano and a couple others, but there was nothing there that made an impression on me. Then I drove the Edge.

The Edge had plenty of torque--something the V-8 Explorer didn't have as much of, and it was quiet. So quiet that it seemed like I was in a totally refined machine. It also looked modern and good. It also handled like a European sports sedan (on par with my Acura TL), so I was sold. I ordered my 07 Copper-colored machine with chrome wheels and satellite radio and haven't been upset since. It's a wonderful car. I didn't get the expensive options like the BAMR or the leather upholstery (don't like leather and hate sunroofs), and just went with the SEL model with satellite radio. I'm pleased when I consider a Murano equipped much worse was going to be $5,000 more.

The car mags pan this car because of its weight, but it feels solid and is big enough to haul my clients around (I'm also an insurance agent with Nationwide) and yielded me 25 mpg on a recent trip to South Carolina. Not bad.

#23 OFFLINE   007

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 09:40 AM

Edited by 7, 17 September 2007 - 07:21 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   mhamric

mhamric

New Edge Member

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

I liked the looks, doesn't look like much else on the road. I'm leasing mine for 24mos with xplan so the price was right too. I was fortunate enough to put about 1200miles on a rental Edge before I decided on getting one.

Mark
SEL + FWD
Black on Black

#25 OFFLINE   Biff215

Biff215

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

Here's the long story:

http://www.fordedgef...owtopic=914&hl=

But I'll try to sum it up much shorter. The Edge offers the looks and features of a luxury car, but without the luxury price tag. It rides like a car, yet still gives you the safety with the height and size. Finally, it is a sporty CUV/SUV that doesn't look like you are carting around the kids soccer team, and there aren't a million of them on the road (at least not yet, that is).

Great job with the Edge, Ford!

#26 OFFLINE   szone

szone

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

I wanted it

#27 OFFLINE   boomsling

boomsling

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

I was looking to replace my trusty Toyota Tacoma with an F-150. I drove some and they were cool but i wanted something smoother and quieter. I drove the Edge once and that's all it took. I never thought in a million years that i'd buy a vehicle like this one. I've always been a truck guy....i think i'm getting old.

#28 OFFLINE   carbonedge+

carbonedge+

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 480 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Edge's Year:Decline

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:27 PM

Careful with the word "old"...they prefer "wise" and "distguinished"...

On topic: I too was a truck guy, then had kids, been in SUVs since. I have a small trailer, so I can use it as needed since I don't have a truck bed. The Edge was the perfect size and had the most interior legroom for the back seat.

Edited by carbonedge+, 29 August 2007 - 05:28 PM.

#29 OFFLINE   boomsling

boomsling

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(carbonedge+ @ Aug 29 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Careful with the word "old"...they prefer "wise" and "distguinished"...

On topic: I too was a truck guy, then had kids, been in SUVs since. I have a small trailer, so I can use it as needed since I don't have a truck bed. The Edge was the perfect size and had the most interior legroom for the back seat.

Maybe i should say "i think i'm becoming mature"...my wife doesn't think so though. I had to go the SUV route too. The Edge fits the wife and two kids just as good as our Expedition, we just can't bring as much stuff.

#30 OFFLINE   edgesenior

edgesenior

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:27 PM

The appreciation of my position. The experience and knowledge to "click" my heels and say "Yes Maam" when the BOSS says "I like that car dear"....... :shift: ..Sr..

Edited by edgesenior, 14 September 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   bromano

bromano

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

I just saw and EDGE ...........same color ........same almost everything as my $40k Lincoln MKX

No offense to the Ford owners out there, however, I'm not a happy puppy that these two cars are SO alike. I mean almost twins.

I'm not sure what the price is on the EDGE here in upstate NY, but I'm sure, I paid a lot more than the average EDGE price.

I hope there is some difference.

Wish I had seen the EDGE before I bought my MKX.

B

#32 OFFLINE   07 MKX

07 MKX

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:30 PM

Someone please insert the LOST photo on here for 'our little friend: bromano'

It's like he just awoke from a coma.

Edited by 07 MKX, 18 September 2007 - 03:50 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   07 MKX

07 MKX

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(bromano @ Sep 18 2007, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw and EDGE ...........same color ........same almost everything as my $40k Lincoln MKX

No offense to the Ford owners out there, however, I'm not a happy puppy that these two cars are SO alike. I mean almost twins.

I'm not sure what the price is on the EDGE here in upstate NY, but I'm sure, I paid a lot more than the average EDGE price.

B

:banghead:

WOW! I am PISSED! I recently bought an MKX also, and had never noticed this til you mentioned it. To other purchasers:

Check yours and report back...this is MESSED UP! Man, am I MAD!

Since
you posted the same thing on another site, you just have one more to go, to warn everyone else in the world.

#34 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 9,403 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:50 PM

B

It's not like they were hiding them. The MKX has a lot of features that the Edge doesn't have including a much nicer interior, cooled seats, better sound deadening, etc.

#35 OFFLINE   Good_Hands

Good_Hands

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(07 MKX @ Sep 18 2007, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone please insert the LOST photo on here for 'our little friend: bromano'

It's like he just awoke from a coma.

#36 OFFLINE   Good_Hands

Good_Hands

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(bromano @ Sep 18 2007, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B

You mean Ford and Lincoln make nearly identical vehicles but call them different names?

#37 OFFLINE   07 MKX

07 MKX

Ford Edge Enthusiast

• Edge Member
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:17 PM

B

WOW! Look what you Wrote! on another site.

#33 of 72 Re: Good deal or no deal for a MKX lease [ridge2] by bromano May 23, 2007 (1:35 pm) Replying to: ridge2 (May 23, 2007 8:57 am)
Dear Ridge2. We're in the process of buying much the same car in a dif color. Offer we got was $38,000 at 1.5%, too. We haven't talked payments yet. The dealer here (Drivers' village), has not mentioned the incentives and rebates you noted in your message....so that's good to hear about. I'll have to ask! Thanks.

#38 OFFLINE   nickys.edge

nickys.edge

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:29 AM

well my story to th edge is a little starnge but true!! so i had a hond civic ex and it was ok, not so much of a car person more of a truck girl!! i got a brand new 03 honda, it was ok because it had great gas millage and since i was 17, i had to pay for gas, honda was my best friend. haha then i got a brand new yellow lab named maggy in 05 and honda worked for a while till she reached about 60lbs, not so good now. i sold it and got a 99 jeep grand cherokee it was ok but i must say i learned my lesson on buying cars from previous owners. that thing was a huge POS but perfect for the dog!! then my mom had a stroke in 06 and in 05 my younger sis crashed awesome comaro (loaded) slp edition i think. so this year she was going back to school and needed a car, so i gave her my jeep to take colorado since it snows like no other!! and i drive my mom around in her acura MDXwhich is nice but a little much for me and my dog is going to destroy the nice leather seats. so since she wants to start driving HER car that leaves me with nothing. as a gift and a thankyou for taking car of the family and juggling college since my mom had her stroke in 06 my dad is offering to buy me a vehicle. and i searched all the other competitors. since im buying a car basically for my dog and all the road trips i take to LA (i live in SF). i was set on the vue until i drove by the local ford dealer and remembered the edge. i went for a quick test drive and was immediatly in love the only thing to check was if the back seats folded flat.......and they did!!! match made in heaven. i also love the leg room, im 5'9" and love wearing 3"-4" heels!! i get my edge next week..........sooooooooooooooo excited!! and so is maggie!

#39 OFFLINE   Grey

Grey

Ford Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 438 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:15 AM

This thread caused me to recall the factors that drove our decision to lease the MKX. There was less than $4,000 difference in MSRP based on what we wanted, or could get versus the Edge. The Lincoln dealership offered us $1,000 more on our '05 Montego than the Ford dealer would give. So for about $60 per month more on a two year lease, Mama is in the MKX. We did not get bamr, dvd or nav but most other options.

If it holds it's value, then our daughter (son's wife) will buy it after the lease is up. It won't have many miles - perhaps 15,000 in two years, so she will still have a lot of warranty left if she decides to take it.

After driving it for a while, I would not want to give up the heated/cooled seats, the classic front end look or the headlamps that turn with the front wheels. :happy feet:

#40 OFFLINE   szone

szone

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:03 PM

Thought it was a the thing to do at the time. Just one more good decision we have made lately. I guess you try harder, you succeed better:) We have more than 36k not counting all the extra stuff we got to go with our szone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users