My Ford Touch New Software Release

Hope this isn't old news.

So I got an e-mail from Ford (maybe everyone will get it, I dunno) detailing what I assume has been the rumored "rewrite."

It implies that we (2011-2012) owners will get a USB drive in the mail with the update in the spring. Along with the speed and ease-of-use improvements, it looks like the much requested map update will occur as well!

Details are attached

MyFord_Touch_Performance_Upgrade_2011-11-071.pdf

Edited by tjbron

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is for sharing information about the upcoming rewrite and new release for the My Ford Touch and My Lincoln Touch software.

If you want to complain about it please go here.

Could you please pin the other thread as well so that it's just as easy to find?

Also, since Ford hasn't officially released any information other than their press releases, I'm just curious what value the information that might be posted here would have as it would effectively be second or third hand?

Do you have any direct information related to the upcoming release?

Also, since Ford hasn't officially released any information other than their press releases, I'm just curious what value the information that might be posted here would have as it would effectively be second or third hand?

This is for new information as it becomes available.

Do you have any direct information related to the upcoming release?

Nothing concrete other than what's already been reported.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

MyFord Touch 2.0 will be a common feature in 2013 model year cars, but if you have a recent car with the earlier version, a USB drive should be available before the end of March to update the firmware.

Read more: http://www.electronista.com/articles/12/01/12/ford.sync.updates.get.our.teardown/#ixzz1jJLZfWDQ

Sync Destinations software will require a Sync system with AppLink.

Does anyone know if AppLink will be included in the "performance upgrade"?

Sync Destinations software will require a Sync system with AppLink.

Does anyone know if AppLink will be included in the "performance upgrade"?

According to one of the Ford reps in their booth at CES it will not be included in the upgrade, but it is "in the works" to have it added "down the road" his words, not mine...gotta love the ambiguity.

I've been beta testing the new Myford Touch system for about a week now and I can tell you all that the upgrade is a very good one...screens much simpler....stupid "Swing" design of the climate tab is gone. screen has better and faster response (for a resistive screen).

So far, i haven't had any system crashes or freezes.

Also, my iPOD integrates much better. Used to have issues where it would create multiple USB devices on the old system and then get confused as to which one to use.

probably my favorite part so far is the new bluetooth sync performance. the voice sync responds much faster and clearer, I can hear people on the phone much better, and they tell me they can hear me much better as well. (using a droid razr phone)

I still don't have the new navigation SD card yet, so i haven't been able to try it. the navigation is just faulting on mine right now because the update doesn't seem to work with my current navigation card.

in short, this is a very welcome update....probably what they should have released to begin with.

I've been beta testing the new Myford Touch system for about a week now and I can tell you all that the upgrade is a very good one...screens much simpler....stupid "Swing" design of the climate tab is gone. screen has better and faster response (for a resistive screen).

Also, my iPOD integrates much better. Used to have issues where it would create multiple USB devices on the old system and then get confused as to which one to use.

probably my favorite part so far is the new bluetooth sync performance. the voice sync responds much faster and clearer, I can hear people on the phone much better, and they tell me they can hear me much better as well. (using a droid razr phone)

I still don't have the new navigation SD card yet, so i haven't been able to try it. the navigation is just faulting on mine right now because the update doesn't seem to work with my current navigation card.

in short, this is a very welcome update....probably what they should have released to begin with.

This sounds very promising seen as we just got a used 2011 edge. I have been holding of upgrading sync in my car(2.11) to the (2.8) just because of this. What version are they calling this upgrade 3.0 and any idea when it's coming out?

I realize that the purpose of you using it is for testing, but I don't consider your experience too valid unless you are also using navigation. Everyone testing it needs to be using phone, nav and mp3 player, voice and touch commands, A LOT! I would guess that with 1000 people Ford is getting a good distribution of devices, but I hope they are documenting model of phones that are being used, type of mp3 player and length/duration of destination/route.

Haven't seen anyone else post this yet... I received a mailer from Ford today:

"Coming soon: MyFord Touch software upgrade.

We believe that MyFord Touch technology helps make your driving experience more rewarding. And we are continually researching and testing new ways to make it even better. With that in mind, a USB drive with the no-charge software upgrade will be sent to you soon. This software upgrade will feature simplified menus, larger type and icons, and a crisper and cleaner look. You can easily install it yourself or visit your local Ford Store and they will do it for you. Plus, no vehicle modification will be required."

So I guess that puts to bed the notion that Canadians won't be receiving the USB stick upgrade. No mention of navigation SD cards, but I'm sure that will be sent as well.

Can't wait for the upgrade!

Haven't seen anyone else post this yet... I received a mailer from Ford today:

"Coming soon: MyFord Touch software upgrade.

We believe that MyFord Touch technology helps make your driving experience more rewarding. And we are continually researching and testing new ways to make it even better. With that in mind, a USB drive with the no-charge software upgrade will be sent to you soon. This software upgrade will feature simplified menus, larger type and icons, and a crisper and cleaner look. You can easily install it yourself or visit your local Ford Store and they will do it for you. Plus, no vehicle modification will be required."

So I guess that puts to bed the notion that Canadians won't be receiving the USB stick upgrade. No mention of navigation SD cards, but I'm sure that will be sent as well.

Can't wait for the upgrade!

Haven't received anything at this end yet. Good news though.