My Ford Touch New Software Release

I think there has to be...it is the only way to explain the wide range of peoples opinions of the system. With what we are experiencing there is no way anyone else could think it is even remotely acceptable. So while software may free up a few cycles to make things run faster and smoother I don't think they changed it to address varying hardware base. I don't know enough about the hardware and software to be sure but it almost seems like issues I have had using a driver that wasn't quite right for the hardware. Many times it would be OK, sometimes it craps out predictably others random. For the last several weeks we haven't had phones or USB devices connected and we still get crashes. This is with a fresh install and new APIM...so I have to believe there is some hardware incompatibility on the Ford side.

I to agree with that assumption. I haven't had any trouble at all with my system with 2.7 and believe me I have given it a workout. I believe Choff said she has not had any problems with and still using 1.8 and then we have people who have all kinds of trouble even after upgrading to the latest update and still having the same problems as they were with 2.4, 2.7, 2.8 and 2.11

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

:happy feet: Got my update (My Lincoln Touch) in the mail today. Very simple to do, took exactly 40 minutes to do. Nav is more accurate, the old version had me off 30-40 feet, now it's right on target. Before, it would take forever for my IPOD to index and build commands, I timed it today, and indexing & voice commands took about 45 seconds, so a BIG improvement. My wife missed the outside temp not being displayed in the center screen, but no big deal to me - years ago, things like this were never heard of. My LG phone and my wife's Iphone paired with no problem at all, nice and clear at both ends. I will update in a few days, let you know how things are working.

Joe

:happy feet: Got my update (My Lincoln Touch) in the mail today. Very simple to do, took exactly 40 minutes to do. Nav is more accurate, the old version had me off 30-40 feet, now it's right on target. Before, it would take forever for my IPOD to index and build commands, I timed it today, and indexing & voice commands took about 45 seconds, so a BIG improvement. My wife missed the outside temp not being displayed in the center screen, but no big deal to me - years ago, things like this were never heard of. My LG phone and my wife's Iphone paired with no problem at all, nice and clear at both ends. I will update in a few days, let you know how things are working.

Joe

Great to hear. Enjoy.

Can anyone copy their nav simm card software and email it to me as a zip file. That way mine should work. Just installed the update after downloading from sync my ride. Did not realize there was a simm card update for the nav. Now I have a nav fault.

Jamie.

Lifeswrk@gmail.com

Sorry but it cannot be copied

After talking with my Uncle who works for Ford and has the beta software, he said it really is no better off. He said although it looks better, it is just as bad function which is why they haven't released it yet.

Sadly I think your uncle was right. I only got to play with it on my drive home but in that short window the system crashed. When it wasn't crashed I did find several oddities and unfortunately the wife just called and said it was acting "funny." I really hope there is something wrong with my system that Ford can fix but I am at my wits end with this stupid thing. If they don't figure this out quick I think it is going to cost Ford big time.

Got my upgrade USB and new nav card in the mail yesterday, Melbourne Florida. I never got a letter saying it was coming so I was glad to see the blue package in the mailbox. Haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Got mine in the mail as well without a notice. Took less than one hour to install and up to know everything is wonderful. Quicker processing, nicer navigation, simpler to work with and best of all it works with my samsung note just fine.

it won't work

Just out of curiosity, are we sure a copied SD Nav card wont work in another MFT Nav-enabled vehicle? I doubt Ford is writing the specific VIN number into the software on each SD card and then mailing them out. Also, considering the dealers were getting a stack of SD cards to use in any vehicle, says to me that they probably arent VIN coded.

Edited by fastman

Just out of curiosity, are we sure a copied SD Nav card wont work in another MFT Nav-enabled vehicle? I doubt Ford is writing the specific VIN number into the software on each SD card and then mailing them out. Also, considering the dealers were getting a stack of SD cards to use in any vehicle, says to me that they probably arent VIN coded.

The dealer told me that once the SD card is installed it then becomes married to that vehicle only. Also the card is "Write protected" cannot be copied

The dealer told me that once the SD card is installed it then becomes married to that vehicle only. Also the card is "Write protected" cannot be copied

If it 'write protected' (which can be disbaled with the slider on the card), how can it get married to the car?

Not true, the SD cards can be swapped from one car to another at any time. Don't know about the copy protection though.

• 8 months later...

Joe

I am new here, so forgive me if this is ignorant.

I just bought a used 2011 Edge.

Can you share this update so I can copy it to a USb drive and install in my Edge?

or email it to me?

Todd

I am new here, so forgive me if this is ignorant.

I just bought a used 2011 Edge.

Can you share this update so I can copy it to a USb drive and install in my Edge?

or email it to me?

Todd

Do you have the outside temperature displayed at the top center? If so you already have this update. Either way you should register at syncmyride.com and you can see your current version and any pending updates.

There is a dealer installed update that is just now being released. You should probably just have the dealer do that upgrade once it's available. Nav models may not get it until February but it does require a new SD card for maps.