Fold-flat Passenger Seat Question

Hi all!

I just purchase a 2012 Edge Limited. According to the Ford website, the Limited comes with "6-way heated power, fold-flat front passenger seat" (for carrying long cargo), but I haven't figured out how to fold down the seatback. The owner's guide shows how to fold down the seatback on a manual seat, but not a power seat.

Anyone know how to fold flat the passenger seat?

Thanks.

-Dave

Slide the passenger seat back a bit so that the headrest won't hit the dash when the seatback comes foreward. Use the large hand lever on the right side of the passenger seat to actuate the seatback tilt adjustment. The seatback will tilt all the way foreward and lay flat.

Except that the power passenger seat doesn't have the hand lever on the right side.

Weird, I have a power passenger seat and it has a large lever on the right side that allows the seat to fold forward, flat.

Yes, because you have a 2011. Read the first post again.... the 2012 Limiteds have a full power passenger seat but are also supposed to retain the fold flat feature. I was wondering how they were planning on accomplishing this.

Do you just press the seat back tilt button until it retracts down? Maybe refer to the operator's manual and report back for the benefit of others.

Yes, because you have a 2011. Read the first post again.... the 2012 Limiteds have a full power passenger seat but are also supposed to retain the fold flat feature. I was wondering how they were planning on accomplishing this.

Do you just press the seat back tilt button until it retracts down? Maybe refer to the operator's manual and report back for the benefit of others.

The manual says there is a large lever on the side of the seat just like the previous models.

Well, I think I found the problem. The Ford website says that the 2012 Limited comes with a 6-way power, fold flat passenger seat, but the 2012 Edge brochure I have says the Limited comes with a 10-way power passenger seat (and says nothing about the fold-flat feature).

The brochure is correct, and the website is wrong.

• 5 years later...

I have a 2017 Titanium. When getting our christmas tree I tried to fold the passenger seat flat and this was the first time trying to do this and I couldn't figure it out. Looked up the owners manual and didnt see anything about a fold flat feature. Doesn't appear to be able to fold flat. If so this is a big disappointment as I used the fold flat feature in my old edge to haul wood when I was doing home projects. Now I don't know how I will be able to do that.

• 3 months later...