Keyless Entry Combination

BENSONKO

• 3 months later...

I just ordered a 2009 Ford Edge 4WD Limited and want to know how to get the combination to open the keyless entry. It is somewhere inside the vehicle.

Look under the dash for the cover to the fuse block near the parking brake. Once I pulled the piece of trim coving the fuse block, mine was printed right there. Took all of 30 seconds to find. Good Luck!

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

Just thought I would add a postscript to the question of keyless entry. When I bought my 09 a couple of weeks ago, I had them hook up a computer and read the factory-programmed combination. They did, and when I read the previous replies, checked inside my fuse box and found an entirely different number! Tried both and they both work. Apparently, Ford (Lincoln in my case) programs uses two different combinations.

Got to wondering if the number they read in the computer was the previous owner's number, reprogrammed both owner memories with new numbers and rechecked; both factory numbers still work. So now I have four different numbers that will open my MKX.

The number they read was a previously programmed owner's number, not the original number that came with the car. That's printed under the dash and it only comes with one from the factory.

That's what I thought at first, as well. But I do have four separate, distinct entry codes that will open the door.

1. The factory programmed code (printed inside the fuse box): 67***

2. The code the dealer read from my computer: 49***

3. My first programmed code (stored at 1/2): 03***

4. My second programmed code (stored at 3/4): 07***

What I find curious is, why didn't the dealer find the factory number, when he read my car with the laptop? The one that starts with 67? Instead he found the second number.

But I do have four numbers that work, just when out to the car and tried them all.

Seems to me that if it had been the previous owner's number, I would have erased it when I programmed my new number. They do overwrite, don't they? Or do they accumulate (which could be dangerous).

As the dealer read the second number from my computer, I assumed that there are at least two factory codes programmed (at least in my 09 MKX). Could there be some sort of universal code set , like a backdoor, for all Lincoln's or all Ford's, for example?

They accumulate until you hit the limit I think. You have to erase the old ones. I assume your dealer just gave you the first code they saw and didn't check for the other one. There is no "back door" code.

Oh yes, so that's it. Thanks, that's good to know.

How would I go about erasing the old codes?

I believe it will hold up to 5 codes, and I think one of those is the factory code.

Five!

Based on Akirby's reply, and yours, that kind of makes me a little nervous.

Thanks for the information, I'll need to figure out how to erase the old codes.

I wonder why it stores four user codes? It would seem to reason that two is sufficient. Allowing the previous owner to retain access to my car is unnerving.

Hate to keep beating this dead horse, but thought y'all like an update. OK, following the owners manual and erase all old user codes. Verified that both those I entered are erased.

Checked the code inside the fuse box: worked.

Checked the code the dealer read when he used the computer: worked.

I'm able to program the user codes using BOTH codes!!!!!

Both act as factory programed codes.

It certainly appears that there are two factory codes (at least on my car).

Any other ideas? This is unnerving to say the least.

Edited by enigma-2