2011 Edge SEL adding factory back up cam

20Edge11

So I've done some lurking and cant find anything so here I am asking.

We have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD (in Canada). 2011's only came with the backup camera in a Limited trim. One day while backing out the Sync through up an error message referencing the rear view camera was not working correctly?? Only happened one time. Looking at the 2012 models it looks like the camera comes on SEL now.

I dont think I really need it but am curious if its an easy add on??

Do I just buy the camera and plug n play or does this require a dealer flash that they dont/wont do?? I assume the wiring must already be there??

Thanks

So I've done some lurking and cant find anything so here I am asking.

We have a 2011 Ford Edge SEL AWD (in Canada). 2011's only came with the backup camera in a Limited trim. One day while backing out the Sync through up an error message referencing the rear view camera was not working correctly?? Only happened one time. Looking at the 2012 models it looks like the camera comes on SEL now.

I dont think I really need it but am curious if its an easy add on??

Do I just buy the camera and plug n play or does this require a dealer flash that they dont/wont do?? I assume the wiring must already be there??

Thanks

I would like to know this as well, would be nice to get a camera and an easy plug & play set up....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the radio connect (plug and play) is standard??? for all edge with (radio my ford touch)

Is there someone who has a plan for the connections behind the radio. I too would like me to put a camera on the back but everything apart before I'd like to know if there's connection.

les connection des radio (my ford touch) sont tu standard si oui surment qu'en plugant un fil il va le detecter et commencer a fonctionner

Y a-t-il quelqu'un qui a le plan pour les connections en arrière du radio. Moi aussi j’aimerai me mettre une caméra à l'arrière mais avant de tout démonter j'aimerai savoir si les connection son là.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, I finally had some free time and took apart the cover on the rear lift gate.

From what I could see, there was no wiring for a factory backup camera on my 2013 SE. :(

It was a major disappointment but I kinda had a feeling that Ford would have excluded the wiring anyways on the base model.

Guess I'll have to go the route of a wireless camera that you can use with your rear view mirror.

For anyone that has an SEL and doesn't have the camera, you might get lucky and actually have the wiring installed, you will just have to remove the plastic cover inside the hatch and see.