Opinions of Light Ice Blue

jamers1

I plan to order the 2008 Edge in August and have decided on every option aside from the color. At first the Dark Ink Blue got me excited until I saw it in person and discovered it basically looks black. Next I thought the Light Ice Blue might be my next choice. Elegant, classy, and upscale. However when I saw it on a Taurus X yesterday I thought it looked rather feminine. I was hoping for a deep metallic blue like that on the Lexus RX350 but instead it looked more like a Power or Baby Blue with very little noticeable metallic. In fact the paint looked flat from more than 6 feet away. Granted it was in the show room and not the sunlight but I just don't think it's a guys color.

Since I plan to get the 20" chrome rims and the charcoal interior, I'm now leaning towards the Vapor Silver. I just wanted to get your thoughts on the Light Ice Blue. You can find it on the 2008 Escape, Taurus amd Taurus X. Please advise.

As a girl - ice blue is either a girly colour or grandma colour... depending on the shade.

Presumably you are a boy - I would stick to silver.. but the black is HOT esp with camel interior, and chrome accents.

As a single woman.. I would recommend the black... if you married - check with the wife first.

So how much different will the Vapor Silver be from the Pewter Silver? I'm not seeing really any difference in the comparison shots I can find. I wasn't a big fan of the Pewter because the chrome accents tend not to pop like they would on other colors. I'd love to wait until I can see all of these new colors on the Edge but I want to order to get the exact options I like and this is time sensitive since my current lease expires 10-30. I'll probably just have to roll the dics on the Vapor Silver.

So how much different will the Vapor Silver be from the Pewter Silver? I'm not seeing really any difference in the comparison shots I can find. I wasn't a big fan of the Pewter because the chrome accents tend not to pop like they would on other colors. I'd love to wait until I can see all of these new colors on the Edge but I want to order to get the exact options I like and this is time sensitive since my current lease expires 10-30. I'll probably just have to roll the dics on the Vapor Silver.

The vapor silver is lighter then pewter I believe. I haven't seen the ink blue yet, but think I would like that.

• 1 month later...
.. but the black is HOT esp with camel interior, and chrome accents.

I believe I like Edgy Girl ^_^

When I was looking at the Edges on the lot the black one just seemed to stand out from the other five in the group. I bought it.

Black, Camel interior, Chrome accents... and these just arrived today!!

post-1289-1189116435_thumb.jpg

20" - It's gonna look AWESOME!!

Plus my H&R Sport springs with approximate lowering of 1.5" rear and 1.75" front.

Already tinted the front windows.

I'm all excited like a kid at Christmas!!

Now to score the tires I want... @ 275/45R20 :woot:

I'll be taking some before and after pics and will post up a new thread. Soon!