cylinder numbering

d94

standing in front of the vehicle with hood up looking towards back of vehicle

1 2 3

O O O

----------

O O O

4 5 6

So to confirm this, 1 and 4 are on the passenger's side and 3 and 6 on the driver's side?

I guess this means my misfire on 2 would be the one that is buried at the back not the easily accessible ones at the front. That figures.

Thanks

• 5 years later...

I just had an issue today with a cylinder misfire on my 2010 Edge Sport. The misfire was number six and i had just installed new motor craft spark plugs. I assumed it was the coil pack then. After installing the coil pack, there was no change. I moved the Spark plug from position 6 to 5 and that became the cylinder misfiring so obviously it was a bad spark plug. I replaced the plug and the problem was solved. I should have replaced the plug first since now i have a new coil pack I didn't really need. However i am approaching 170,000 Kms and coil packs tend to go at 180,000 Kms so i have a spare for now.

If you havnt yet, replace all the plugs! Right around 102k i had a misfire on cyclinder 6 that actually cracked the coil pack and backfed into the pcm. I changed just than pack and plug and 3 months later, a misfire on 3. I changed all the plugs; packs looked fine and luckily didnt cause more damage.

If 1 of the cylinders is misfiring from a plug/coil... it is time! You are on borrowed time before another issue, and it may be more catastrophic!

I cannot urge enough, replace all the plugs.

• Like 1