MFT report your successful installations or problems

Lets here everyone with the successful installations or problems mine took about 45 mins and couldn't be happier with the new system

Same here. Took exactly 45 minutes and it completely transforms the system. My best description is that it now works as well as my Iphone 4S and that's saying a lot! Great job Ford!!

So I got tired of waiting for the USB stick and SD card in the mail. So during my lunch break I picked up a hoagie and headed to the closest dealership (which I called earlier to confirm they had the SD cards) for the install. So far it's been pretty good. Everything is much snappier and the maps look much better.

Ā 

One thing i did notice, but want to confirm tomorrow is the ambient lighting seems to be off. I had dark blue before, and now it's that light blue... I'm going to try a red or green tomorrow to see if it's still messed up. Just wanted to know if anyone else has noticed this.

Success here as well. Did the SyncMyRide download. Took ~45 min. Killed my Nav as mentioned on this forum; found it interesting that the install makes no mention of Nav not working without the new SD card.

Ā 

I installed this to get stability (will see after a few weeks...). I wasn't all that impressed with the new look. Yes, there are a few modifications I like, but for me the reorganization of the screens don't make it easier: I was comfortable with the prior display.

Ā 

First impression: I believe the so called faster response is due to the slower fade ion/out. You see the screen responding immediately, but what you actually see is the fade in/out activating. If that is the case, then this is a good application of user psychology. I founf the fade in/out is a bit jerky at times.

Ā 

Eventhough the Nav was not working, I could still see some new features in the settings. TraveLink now appears (new for us in Canada). Choice between GraceNote and embedded album art is nice. Noticed you can now turn off ambiant lighting (don't recall having that option before).

Ā 

Ā 

Upgrade detail (notice 3.0.2):

Ā 

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version Gen2 - V3.0.2

Ā 

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14D546-ED

BT4T-14D546-FA

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AM

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

DA5T-14D546-AC

DA5T-14D546-HA

DA5T-14D546-JA

DA5T-14D546-KA

DA5T-14D546-LA

DA5T-14D546-NA

DA5T-14D546-PA

DA5T-14D546-RA

DA5T-14D546-SA

SYNC compatible software DA5T-14D546-VA

SYNC compatible software DA5T-14D546-XA

BT4T-14F497-AP

DA5T-14F657-AD

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by cv27

Found what I think is my first problem. ACtually, I think it was theer with previous versions.

Ā 

Using an iPhone 4, when I set favorites, numbers don't always get the proper symbol (cell, work, home). I get some home numbers with the cell symbol, some work numbers with the cell symbol. Can't figure out the pattern; the symbols are ok in the directory itself. A bit confusing if you have someone in your favorites with cell and work numbers and the 2 names have the same symbol.

Success here as well. Did the SyncMyRide download. Took ~45 min. Killed my Nav as mentioned on this forum; found it interesting that the install makes no mention of Nav not working without the new SD card.

Ā 

I installed this to get stability (will see after a few weeks...). I wasn't all that impressed with the new look. Yes, there are a few modifications I like, but for me the reorganization of the screens don't make it easier: I was comfortable with the prior display.

Ā 

First impression: I believe the so called faster response is due to the slower fade ion/out. You see the screen responding immediately, but what you actually see is the fade in/out activating. If that is the case, then this is a good application of user psychology. I founf the fade in/out is a bit jerky at times.

Ā 

Eventhough the Nav was not working, I could still see some new features in the settings. TraveLink now appears (new for us in Canada). Choice between GraceNote and embedded album art is nice. Noticed you can now turn off ambiant lighting (don't recall having that option before).

Ā 

Ā 

Upgrade detail (notice 3.0.2):

Ā 

Confirmed Installations

SYNC Version Gen2 - V3.0.2

Ā 

BT4T-14D546-AM

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14D546-ED

BT4T-14D546-FA

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F496-AP

BT4T-14F496-AS

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F497-AM

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AM

BT4T-14F603-AP

DA5T-14D546-AC

DA5T-14D546-HA

DA5T-14D546-JA

DA5T-14D546-KA

DA5T-14D546-LA

DA5T-14D546-NA

DA5T-14D546-PA

DA5T-14D546-RA

DA5T-14D546-SA

SYNC compatible software DA5T-14D546-VA

SYNC compatible software DA5T-14D546-XA

BT4T-14F497-AP

DA5T-14F657-AD

Ā 

Not sure why it would be different but you could shut off the ambient lighting in the old versions. when you were in the screen with the globes of colors it was a button to the left with a power symbol on it.

Killed my Nav as mentioned on this forum; found it interesting that the install makes no mention of Nav not working without the new SD card.

Ā 

I downloaded it last night (but didn't install it yet) for my daughter's Focus and on the page where you have to select Nav or No Nav it clearly says that if you have Nav and proceed with the download then Nav won't work until you receive the new SD card in the mail.

I downloaded it last night (but didn't install it yet) for my daughter's Focus and on the page where you have to select Nav or No Nav it clearly says that if you have Nav and proceed with the download then Nav won't work until you receive the new SD card in the mail.

Ā 

Tried the update this morning, hit the OK button after the initial files load and let it do it's thing. Came back an hour later, black screen, no response. Let it sit for another 30 minutes, and nothing.

Ā 

Turned off the car, pulled Fuse #29 let it sit for 20 minutes, put fuse back, started car, black screen.

Ā 

Guess I'm heading to the dealer :banghead:

For Canadians...

Ā 

Well, I made one bad assumption that my (Canadian) dealership would have already received some SD card for Nav, so I went ahead and installed the update (3.0.2) thinking I'd get the compatible SD card. My fault for gettinig too excited. Ford Canada were not useful either: they don't know how nor when, "but it will eventually happen" !!

Ā 

I called a few dealers around Montreal: nothing.

Downloaded the upgrade from SyncMyRide. Installation took maybe 45 minutes - I don't have navigation. Haven't had a lot of time to play with the system, but I generally like it. The only immediate dislike I have is that the outside temp is no longer visible from the home screen.

This morning I started installing the new update for my 2011 Edge. During the installation, the system froze while installing file 2/9 (some kind of zip file). I spoke with Ford and the only solution was to bring it into the dealership, which is where I am now. A supposed one hour process is now going onto hour six. Because it started installing the new system, I can't go back to the previous one. I am beyond furious. This has taken up my whole day. I'll give a further update if they can get it to work (the service department told me they are having problems getting it installed. How did this issue not come up in the beta??

This morning I started installing the new update for my 2011 Edge. During the installation, the system froze while installing file 2/9 (some kind of zip file). I spoke with Ford and the only solution was to bring it into the dealership, which is where I am now. A supposed one hour process is now going onto hour six. Because it started installing the new system, I can't go back to the previous one. I am beyond furious. This has taken up my whole day. I'll give a further update if they can get it to work (the service department told me they are having problems getting it installed. How did this issue not come up in the beta??

Ā 

Ā 

I'm having the same issue. I started my installation 3 hours ago and I think the update is stuck. Its at the end of the install (the system has restarted and I can see the new home screen) but it is stuck at installing 2 of 4. I called my local ford dealership and they said to let it run for another hour. If it doesn't install by then, I have to turn off my 2011 Ford edge and take it to them on monday. I had such high hopes and I'm a little bummed about this. I haven't had many problems with the old system and all the previous install went fine. I'll update shortly....

I was up to date on my version. I was running 2.11 before I did this install. I got tired of waiting for it, since it was stuck. I shut off the car and restarted it and when it came up it said that the installation was complete. I think the installation finished, but the screen stuck for my install. I unplugged the usb stick and it works great. All my setting were retained and I love that my wall papers are actually useful now. Before I never saw it on the other screen. I do miss that when I pug in my iPhone 4 (usb) that the home screen no longer shows the pause button. I wonder why they got rid of that? It was very convenient there, now its a two step process instead of one. But everything else is a big improvement!

Found what I think is my first problem. ACtually, I think it was theer with previous versions.

Ā 

Using an iPhone 4, when I set favorites, numbers don't always get the proper symbol (cell, work, home). I get some home numbers with the cell symbol, some work numbers with the cell symbol. Can't figure out the pattern; the symbols are ok in the directory itself. A bit confusing if you have someone in your favorites with cell and work numbers and the 2 names have the same symbol.

Ā 

Same thing here with iPhone 4 and 4s. And yes... it was like this previously. As with yours... I see the proper symbols in the phonebook, but when I save the numbers to my Quick Dials (Favorites)... they all get the same symbol. :(

I was on 2.11 and I started the install got to the ok screen hit ok and left my car. I cam back 45min and it said it lost connection with my USB and to reinsert it and press ok. I never unplugged it and just hit ok, the same message popped up again. I unplugged and replugged the drive in I tried this over and over again changed the port, turned off and on my car and still the same message. I think on the reboot after initial OK message the ports didn't get initiated because I had my HDD still plugged in. So now im going to pull the wiring plug and force a reboot. I DO NOT want a 6 hour wait at the dealer like others are having.

Ā 

Update: after pulling the plug I was able to restart the update from the beginning. Bah 2 hour of gas wasted!

Edited by MattBruman

Coming from 2.11 w/o nav. took about 45 minutes.

Haven't played much but it seems more responsive. The ambient lighting Balls seem to move around better on the screen

Not a fan of the gray gradient over the colors. I liked the bright colors better.

I miss the temp but like the compass. Would be nice to have both there.