MFT report your successful installations or problems

Started the update at home just before heading out to a friend's house (about 45 min away). By the time I got to his house, the update was complete and actually sat in the driveway for a bit to check out the new interface. Much happier now - all I need now is the new SD for the nav -

Anyone hear any ETAs on the new maps?

Installed yesterday all went well.

35minutes to install.

The TDI is working now

So far cannot add numbers to phone book.

Message on screen, "no phone book available".

I can add phone numbers to quick dial from call history.

Cannot add phone numbers to 911 assist.

Yeah, d/l and installed mine the other day. Does seem snappier and no problems so far, but don't like some of the changes on the home screen. Really wish it still showed the temperature like it used to in the climate area, and not showing the song title in the entertainment area is annoying too. Oh, well...if it doesn't freeze up anymore I suppose those are minor things I'll get used to...

This morning I started installing the new update for my 2011 Edge. During the installation, the system froze while installing file 2/9 (some kind of zip file). I spoke with Ford and the only solution was to bring it into the dealership, which is where I am now. A supposed one hour process is now going onto hour six. Because it started installing the new system, I can't go back to the previous one. I am beyond furious. This has taken up my whole day. I'll give a further update if they can get it to work (the service department told me they are having problems getting it installed. How did this issue not come up in the beta??

I had version 2.11 (I believe it was the most up-to-date)

I downloaded the upgrade, stop the engine, plugged in the usb drive and got the error "Invalid or Unsigned File". I stopped the engine again, locked the car, unlocked it, plugged in the usb drive, started the engine and now it looks like the system is doing nothing. On the screen only the message "Installing file ... (1 of 15)" is displayed since 15min. The usb drive doesn't indicate any read activities- It sucks!

Dropped my car off at the dealership yesterday, got a call back a few hours later... A-pin module is toast. Can't order until Monday, so won't have my car back until Wednesday it's looking like.

On the good side, they'll be installing the update once they get the new A-pin, and I'm driving around in a 2012 Sport with 7 miles on it for the next few days :happy feet:

I stopped the car again, locked it and unlocked it and started the engine. I did a master reset using the MFT menu. After the master reset I plugged in the usb drive and now the screen shows "Installing file... (3 of 15)" and the warning message came up. I keep my fingers crossed ...

Finally the version was successfully installed. Puuuhhh.....seems to be much better then version 2.11.

I noticed that my newly updated MFT has stopped downloading from Google maps or Mapquest. just all of a sudden. I would only get a continuous beeping sound and no download. I did a master reset and repaired my phone. Voila, now downloading again but lost all my previous downloads.. Everyday seems to bring a new adventure when it comes to MFT. Hope this helps if anyone else had similar issues.

Installed the update with no issue last Thursday. Worked fine until today.

Started the car, but screen stayed dark (no backup camera, no radio, etc). Finally it rebooted to the "Sync by Microsoft. Running scheduled maintenance..." screen after about 30secs. Took another 20secs after that to get back to the home screen.

Hope 3.03 is coming out soon. :angry:

So... I just downloaded and started the upgrade from 2.11 and it's been stuck on installing file 4 of 9 for about 2 hours now. The file in question is DA5T-14657-AD.ZIP

I tried turning the car off and switching usb ports so we'll see how that goes. Maybe I'll try a different usb stick also but if anyone has any advice, I would be very grateful for it.

post-21757-0-62952300-1331577452_thumb.jpg

So... I just downloaded and started the upgrade from 2.11 and it's been stuck on installing file 4 of 9 for about 2 hours now. The file in question is DA5T-14657-AD.ZIP

I tried turning the car off and switching usb ports so we'll see how that goes. Maybe I'll try a different usb stick also but if anyone has any advice, I would be very grateful for it.

Someone did a master reset and then were able to correctly download the files

Someone did a master reset and then were able to correctly download the files

Sounds like a plan but I'm having issues getting to the Master Reset using the Touch screen. It's stuck on the installing file and if I hit the back or any other buttons it takes me right back to the installing file screen.

I just pulled the battery and now I got a blank screen, (abet, not entirely blank) it's looks like the upgrade screen overlay without any progress or text. Any suggestions? I'm starting to think I'm hosed here.... :(

Was on the latest version of 2.11 on new 2012 Edge Limited. Installed the update via USB this morning. Took about 45 minutes and went fine. The screen is much more responsive, hardly any lag at all. Now I just need my nav card to arrive in the mail. So, only time will tell, but from what I can see already, it's a huge improvement. Good job Ford.

I downloaded and installed last Friday. The first try got stuck on installing file 3 of 15. I pulled the fuse, replaced, turning the engine back on and reinserted the USB drive and the second install completed in about 45 minutes. I am happy about the improved responsiveness. I had previously been so frustrated by how slow the system was with finding music that I plugged into the analog inputs and mounted the iPod to the dash in order to use its controls instead. I plugged the iPod back in to the USB port after the upgrade and now the system is responsive enough to be usable.

Problems I have with the update:

They have removed the audio controls from the home screen, and instead just show track info for whatever is playing. I don't see the reasoning behind this change. You still have the heated seat controls in the climate section of the home screen, but you have to go into the main entertainment menu to play or pause the audio.

Bluetooth audio streaming still has similar issues to what I was seeing on version 2.11. Sometimes it quickly pairs back up and resumes playing where you left off, and other times you have to switch inputs several times before it will actually play the bluetooth audio. The really terrible thing about the update here is that they have completely removed the play/pause and skip controls for bluetooth audio. You just get a box that says "bluetooth audio stream detected."

A couple of times when I have gone to back out of my driveway the backup camera has failed to come on and I get an error message on the screen saying I need to take it to a dealer.

The most annoying problem I have had with the system, on both old and the new versions, is that it randomly changes the audio input source when I get into the vehicle. I never ever ever want to listen to AM, FM or Sirius radio, just the iPod or my phone. I wish there was a way to keep it from switching to the radio options so I would not get loud unexpected blasts of static at random times.

DId the update last week, Got in the car this morning phone would not connect. Hit button to connect phone got message bluethooth is off turn on. Hit yes took about a minute said phone not avail. Stopped to go into the system setting and check on blue thooth said it was off, hit button to turn on. Back to main screen hit connect to phone same thing happened. Thought I will just forget it. Stopped at work and it went into the reboot cycle. Guess I got my reboot in for this week which is normal for me.

Bluetooth audio streaming still has similar issues to what I was seeing on version 2.11. Sometimes it quickly pairs back up and resumes playing where you left off, and other times you have to switch inputs several times before it will actually play the bluetooth audio. The really terrible thing about the update here is that they have completely removed the play/pause and skip controls for bluetooth audio. You just get a box that says "bluetooth audio stream detected."

This is very disappointing. I was so hoping they'd get the bluetooth audio quirks fixed with the update.