Transmission shift problem from R to D

wpack98

I have a 2007 Edge SEL FWD with 51k miles. The transmission does not always lock up right away when shifting from R to D. If feels like the clutch plates don't engage right away and creates a sudden jerk when they due (subject to throttle position). I have not noticed the problem from shifting from P to D.

I've checked the transmission fluid level and it's fine. Also the fluid on the dipstick looks ok, light red in color. I took it to the dealer when it was still under warranty, but they couldn't reproduce the problem. Since then, the problem has gotten worse. Are there others that have the same problem? Any TSBs for this issue?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I'll add a comment. My 2012 suffered from the "delayed shift" from R to D. The throttle body needed cleaning - my theory is that the RPMs were slow to return to wherever the computer required for gear change. Maybe completely wrong or in my head, but the vehicle shifts better after TB cleaning.

• Like 2