Unwanted Roof Rails

I have roof rails on my '08 Edge, but don't like them. If anybody wants them, I'd be happy to trade them for the plain plastic inserts that come on any Edge without roof rails. Anybody interested?

I might be very interested.

Let me do my homework to see if it's even remotely compatible with my 2011 and I'll get back with you!

I might be very interested.

Let me do my homework to see if it's even remotely compatible with my 2011 and I'll get back with you!

From what Ford has told me, they are indeed compatible. Definitely look into it and let me know. Thanks for your interest.

Will do this weekend buddy.

If we do find out that it's compatible, how do you suggest we go about a trade that limits each of our risk?

Good question. I was thinking of just having you ship your inserts to me, then I would ship my rails to you. I saw a previous post where some folks did it that way. If you're wary of sending your inserts first, I fully understand. I'm sure somebody will want my rails enough to just trust me. I see your point, though.

Good question. I was thinking of just having you ship your inserts to me, then I would ship my rails to you. I saw a previous post where some folks did it that way. If you're wary of sending your inserts first, I fully understand. I'm sure somebody will want my rails enough to just trust me. I see your point, though.

Here's a pic of one of the rails, just so we're on the same page.

post-16919-0-69076200-1309626483_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I'm at about 85% ready to do this. My car is with the dealer now, but I was thinking about getting this ball rolling some time next week. How does that work for you?

I'm ready when you are. Shoot me an email and we can make it happen. Thanks again.

fobmob@sbcglobal.net

• 2 weeks later...

what does it take to install your rails on my edge 2011?

The rails are held down by 2 small bolts on each side, a total of 4 bolts per rail. All you need is a socket wrench. You'll probably need to drill holes in your roof for the bolts, since your Edge won't have them. Overall, a simple process.

The rails are held down by 2 small bolts on each side, a total of 4 bolts per rail. All you need is a socket wrench. You'll probably need to drill holes in your roof for the bolts, since your Edge won't have them. Overall, a simple process.

Drilling holes in the roof, no thanks, sounds like a water leak to happen?

Drilling holes in the roof, no thanks, sounds like a water leak to happen?

There would be no leak problems , you'd just need to seal the holes when screwing the bots in. I understand your concern, though. Drilling holes in your new car generally doesn't sound like a good idea...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...